Bluelight

Thread: Common household plants with psychedelic properties

1. Collapse Details
    Common household plants with psychedelic properties 
    I dont think theres enough useful information out there about this. I just think its funny as shit theres a lsd related seed at every walmart and ace in america. It makes me wonder how many other easily accessable alkaloids there are sitting at your local nursery

2. Collapse Details

Coleus rings a bell as a potential psychedelic - well as a drug plant anyway.

3. Collapse Details

^wow, weird coincidence that i just made up a flower pot of a whole batch of those for my mum on mothers day... i had no idea that Coleus has been questioned as psychoactive..

4. Collapse Details

^ i might have dreamt it - but I don't think so. Sorry I

5. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    I can't recall exactly how I came about this info - but I'm pretty sure I never dreamt it ( which does happen more often than I'd like) try the erowid people - they have tons of info on Intoxicata obscura.var"speficus".

6. Collapse Details

i just looked into it.. erowids got a good 20 some experiences for the plant surprisingly: http://www.erowid.org/plants/coleus/

described as a salvia d. alternative used by the maztecs? hmm.. i don't know though

EDIT: random interesting tidbit (hah.. tidbit..)

Quote Originally Posted by erowid
    COLEUS (Coleus pumas and C. blumei) is cultivated by the Mazatecs of Oaxaca, Mexico, who reputedly employ the leaves in the some way as they use the leaves of Salvia divinorum ( see p. 137) . Indeed, the Indians recognize the family relationship between these two genera of mints, both of the family Labiatae. They refer to S. divinorum as la hembra ("the female") and to C. pumilus as el macho ("the male"). There are two forms of C. blumei, which they call el niņo ("the child") and el ahijado ("the godson").
    These two species are native to Asia, where they are valued in folk medicine but apparently have not been used as hallucinogens. No hallucinogenic principle hes yet been discovered in the 150 known Coleus species.

7. Collapse Details

Nutmeg is one that comes to mind. In fact I'm pretty sure it was the first drug I ever tried, even before that first cigarette. At the time I thought it was very fun, but I was looking for a psychedelic experience and nutmeg never came close to providing it. It feels quite similar to a "down" pot high, only with a larger body load, though its mode of action is entirely different from that of Everyone's Favorite Flower - in fact you're basically taking a sub-lethal dose of a fairly toxic substance, and the effects come from the toxicity, kind of like with datura.

8. Collapse Details

San pedro is pretty common depending on where you live (if you live in the US). I'd recommend buying one, they cheap, available online and a hearty wonderful plant. I live in NY and I left my outside in the summer and it grew from 12 inches to 18+ inches.

As a few people probably said morning glory seeds. I've never done any other ethnobotanicals but I'm pretty sure san pedro, or any other trichocereus cacti is definately the way to go.

or some ayahuasca brews(Mimosa hostilis )....again depending on where you live and if you think you can handle the pre-load and stomach aches/shitting your brains out. I've never done it but i bet it'd probably worth it if you could handle it.

9. Collapse Details

This is pretty close to the natural entheogens thread....Have a search.