• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Glass-on-Glass connection on bong is stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

funks_hybrid

Bluelighter
So I have a glass-on-glass bong, and for the past year it's never had any problems. I change the water pretty regularly, usually after 5 or 6 bowls. Every once in a while, the downstem gets stuck on the GoG joint on the bong itself, and it takes a little coaxing and twisting to get it out. I feel like it's a combination of the glass fitting so well together, as well as some slightly resinated water splashing back up to the connection, causing it to be a little sticky.

But now, the connection is pretty much stuck. I tried using hot water, and it still will not come out. I'm afraid of applying too much pressure, because I don't want to break the piece. So my question to all of you is: do any of you have any experience with what i'm talking about? Any tips on getting things loosened up again? Maybe there's some substance that I'm not aware of that will help separate it.

Thanks for the help

Few short, sharp taps with something metal (fork/spoon handle?) should loosen it up. Be careful though!

It's literaly glass on glass? There's no rubber piece in between?

...pretty sure thats what its says up there...its just a different type of bong system...and ya...isopropyl may help lube it up a bit, i always used to used a pencil or plastic pen and tap all around it like 20 times, always works for me :p

You're talking about the sort of bowl with the frosted glass neck, that fits in, correct? Just use some oil (any sort) and lubricate it.

yes, it is truely glass-on-glass. Well, was anyway. I did the isopropyl trick and threw some soap in there too, and it got it unstuck. But as soon as i pulled the downstem out it cracked, so there goes that!

Thanks for the help anyway guys, these strategies do seem to work

Running hot water would work I assume. but you'd have to be careful you don't crack any of the glass. I've seen hot water crack pieces before. Glass on glass usually sticks to each other when both pieces are hot and left touching each other for awhile, other then that I don't know what it could be.

If your getting dirty water all the way to the ground joint I would think you have too much water in it.

Try using a diffuser for the down tube, that will also help keep the water away from the joint. And make your tokes smokalicious.

Try WD-40 but WASH WELL. WD-40 is a very good lube for stuff like that. Try not to get it on o-rings and stuff like that. Im pretty sure it wont mess up rubber, but I wouldn't do it.

I Tried Everything Before This Post, And Nothing, I Mean Nothing, But The Isopripel Worked, It Was The Last Thing I Tried, And Worked Like A Charm...Don't Be Afraid To Lather The Hell Out Of It...Inside And Out....It's The Only Way, Even If You Use Half A Bottle ($1.00 At Most), It Will Separate The Pieces Without Cracking Them!

Isopropyl alcohol or acetone work pretty well. If those aren't enough, use hot water on the OUTSIDE of the joint and it should expand/melt the resin enough to pull the slide out. Pouring hot water on the INSIDE will cause the slide to expand and crack.

This is a bit old, but I had this problem...the bowl got stuck in the diffuser, and the diffuser then got stuck in the bong. I put it in a closet for months and gave up. I tried just about everything...so I eventually got the bowl out which had cracked when it was stuck, so I replaced it. To separate the diffuser from the bong body, I took two relatively thick towels, wrapped one around each piece, and then twisted/pulled/twisted/pulled as hard as I could, and it finally came loose. The towels were moreso to protect my hands just incase the glass shattered, but to this day whenever I look at my bong, I'm still shocked that this worked.

I took two relatively thick towels, wrapped one around each piece, and then twisted/pulled/twisted/pulled as hard as I could, and it finally came loose. The towels were moreso to protect my hands just incase the glass shattered, but to this day whenever I look at my bong, I'm still shocked that this worked.

Lol I remember this, I remember thinking "SMH, NOOO." Excessive force and glass doesn't jive.

My glass-on-glass has been stuck a few times, I found Veg Oil, Flax Seed Oil, anal-sex lube (I wish I could say it was a sexual experience getting it unstuck, but no, just sticky), and hot water all work. Just my personal experiences.

Lol I remember this, I remember thinking "SMH, NOOO." Excessive force and glass doesn't jive.

My glass-on-glass has been stuck a few times, I found Veg Oil, Flax Seed Oil, anal-sex lube (I wish I could say it was a sexual experience getting it unstuck, but no, just sticky), and hot water all work. Just my personal experiences.

I had already tried hot water, isopropyl alcohol, lube, and veg oil and gave up at that point. Excessive force worked for me, somehow. Or I just got lucky. I was at the point where I was bong-browsing assuming I'd need to buy a new one, so I wasn't too worried about breaking it at that point...it's glass on glass but by no means crazy expensive, it's a simple Ehle.

Status
Not open for further replies.