• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfunkshun

Bluelighter
I remember several months ago (last summer) somebody mentioned in an old thread that they were getting a full-on euphoric opiate buzz from 100mg of loperamide. Of course he faced almost unanimous derision from members here at bluelight, with people saying things like "you'll never shit again" and "that much loperamide will kill you" and "you're lying, it's a placebo effect," blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

I am here to tell you all that I REALLY DO get a euphoric buzz from loperamide. It is NOT a placebo. I really am feeling this, REALLY. The quality of the buzz is actually pretty damn good... but not as good as the poppy seed tea or the poppy pods I used to do. I really don't know what to compare the loperamide buzz to... It's distinctly different from any other opiate I've done, such as morphine, tramadol, or hydrocodones. All I can say is that there is a DEFINITE euphoria, the intensity of which I would characterize as moderate and lasting all day. It does make it a bit harder to go to sleep though, just like other opiates in general... for me, anyway... so I need to have plenty of awake time before crashing. I usually dose around 6:00 am (I go to work at 7:00) and the buzz is good and strong until about 4:00 or 5:00 pm. Around 10:00 I'm getting ready to hit the sack, and I can usually go to sleep although sometimes it is very difficult. I keep a bottle of dramamine on my night stand to help me sleep in these situations.

However, I think there is a threshhold you have to cross before you actually get high, like with morphine. I didn't get high on morphine when I first started using it, but after a couple of weeks of repeated use, I finally crossed that "threshhold" and got high. Loperamide is similar... I had to dose about 100mg several times over the course of a week or two before I actually realized one day that I was high. By the way, I had started out using it simply to combat poppy seed tea withdrawals, but I wound up in danger of withdrawing from IT instead... so I decided to experiment with it.

My tolerance to loperamide has built up a lot since I first started using it. When I started I had a low tolerance to opiates, and approximately 100mg (about 50 or 60 of the little green pills) would get me off. Now it takes about 100-125 of the pills to catch a good buzz.

Also, there is a catch to this whole 'loperamide buzz' thing. You definitely CAN NOT redose the next day. I have to wait a minimum of two days between doses, preferably three, or else I am just wasting loperamide pills. This sucks but is also good in a way, as it keeps me from taking these things every single day.

One more thing - do NOT take the big round loperamide pills that are coated with some kind of shiny, smooth 'easy to swallow' shit. In high doses, whatever that shit is that they coat it with will make your stomach cramp up like a motherfucker. The pain is intense. It took me two times to realize what the culprit was, and luckily the second time I was able to force myself to puke all of them up right when the cramps started. I have never had painful cramps in my stomach after taking the tiny rectangular green pills, although sometimes the next day I will get suddenly very queasy and usually will puke up everything in my stomach, and then I'm ok. This is weird because it comes on very suddenly, the next day, AFTER I've spent all of the previous day feeling great.

So, THERE. Dude man was NOT bullshitting about catching a buzz with loperamide in that old thread, and I'm here to confirm it. Loperamide WILL get you high... at least, it gets me and that other guy high, and I'll wager it'll get ANYONE high if they experiment enough with it... and I don't give two shits what people say about the blood brain barrier.

malfunkshun said:
...and I'll wager it'll get ANYONE high if they experiment enough with it... and I don't give two shits what people say about the blood brain barrier.

It'll take someone a month to get two shits out if they start taking 100mg loperamide in an attempt to get high. =D

And whether or not YOU care about the blood brain barrier, it still exists. And it still prevents loperamide from entering the brain, and thus, providing a "high."

However, this forum is about discussion, so I shall let it begin.
(People, there's no need to try this. It doesn't work).
Share your experiences.

Do you still space out the dosage by so much every 15 minutes? I think it was one of your posts that mentioned dosing like that for better results.
Also, how are your bowel movements related to higher doses of opiates/oids?
Some people claim to get bowel obstructions but I havent seen it confirmed.
Last but not least, I got to agree with you partially because LOPE does a good job of killing of the WD ninjas for me everytime, and the last time i took a high dose i swear i felt "something" but wrote it off as placebo effect.

johanneschimpo said:
It'll take someone a month to get two shits out if they start taking 100mg loperamide in an attempt to get high. =D

And whether or not YOU care about the blood brain barrier, it still exists. And it still prevents loperamide from entering the brain, and thus, providing a "high."

However, this forum is about discussion, so I shall let it begin.
(People, there's no need to try this. It doesn't work).
Share your experiences.

Things don't just cross or not cross the blood brain barrier. Everything will cross it, some things are better at crossing it than others. Loperamide is pretty shit at crossing the BBB but it's not unreasonable to assume that if you increase the dosage massivly that some will get through.

You must never poop. Ever.

I mean if you want to get high- why not an opiate pill? Plus, you toss in an anticholinergic like dramamine, that's fucking dry town.

But it is pretty wild that an anti-diarrheal can pack a buzz. Who knew?

Why not just not take an anti-diarrheal to get high? Just think of how obnoxiously silly it sounds--

"I take 100-150 2mg loperamide tabs to get high."

Yeah...about the most ridiculous thing I can think of right now, if not ever.

I've heard some silly ass things, but dude, you take the fucking cake right now.

Custie. Haha.

^
center - Yeah, about as ridiculous as taking any other opiate to get high, you retard. Loperamide is an OPIOID, as genuine as fentanyl or hydrocodone, and was created originally as a pain killer. It is marketed as an anti diarrhea drug because it doesn't generally get you high at the recommended dose. The reason why it sounds ridiculously silly to you is because some paid celebrity on TV said Immodium AD was for getting rid of the runs, and of course that sank right in and became god's own truth in your follow-the-leader brain because some famous person said it. 8)

acey - No, I don't space out the dosing. I take it all at once... well, about 15 at a time because it's frikin tough to swallow 100 loperamide pills all at once. However, if you're using it to ease withdrawals and not to catch a buzz, I would recommend spacing out your dose so you can just take enough to stop your withdrawals.

sonnyluv - I poop regularly. The longest I will go is once every other day. I'm not taking 100 loperamide pills every day you know. Like I said, you can't get high on these two days in a row. I have to take a break for two or three days between major doses. Plus, I have a tolerance now. I really don't have any problem going to the bathroom. And why don't I just take an opiate pill? Because I don't have any. Those things aren't easy to come by you know... it's not like you can hop down to the local Costco and buy 400 hydrocodones for 6 bucks like you can loperamide. And what do you mean by dry town? Like I said, I have no problems shitting or pissing. Just some trouble sleeping now and then. And yeah, loperamide WILL pack a buzz. You just have to be persistant. Not many people give enough of a shit to try, what with good ole pain pills available. I can't get my hands on pain pills though, so it's loperamide for me.

schimpo - Yes, I know the blood brain barrier exists. Yes, I know that the reason why loperamide won't generally get you high is because it doesn't cross it well. Hell, maybe it doesn't take a whole lot of it to get you high, and the miniscule amount that actually crosses is enough to catch a buzz at the doses I'm taking. All I can tell you is that I AM getting high on loperamide and that's why I don't give two shits what anyone says about the blood brain barrier.

I really don't care if anyone wants to get high on loperamide or not. I just wanted to pass along some information, to make it known that IT IS POSSIBLE to catch a decent buzz with loperamide. It was originally created to be a pain killer, after all. I agree, there are better pills available for getting high if you can get them, but when you have zero access to them like me, and loperamide is the only thing available, well hell... it's a decent, cheap (you can get 400 of them at Costco for 6 dollars) way to kill boredom and make work tolerable every third day, and I'm not strung out on the fuckers like I was with poppy seed tea and pain pills.

So there you go, folks. Take it or leave it, I don't care. At least I'M having fun. :)

Last edited:
so basicly u are popping 100 loperamide pills everyday. and its getting u off

what mg are the pills

i appreciate the useful info, even though i am not guinea pigging this one out. however, maybe next time i'm in opiate withdrawl, i'll give it a whirl.

8(

Listen, I aint even gonna get into the ridiculousness of this shit, especially you attackin other people over them statin simple scientific information, but whatever. Im jus pointin out that while IF what you say is true, then it is prolly true for YOU ONLY becuz of some bizzarre body abnormality that causes you to "feel" it. Jus becuz you believe you are able to get high off this and it makes you happy, dont mean that this is now a great, useful, forgotten secret opiod, that is TOTALLY AVAILABLE OTC!!

You cant even get fuckin CODEINE otc in america, and you want to tell me that after all this time nobody figured it out, and its just there for the pickin. But if you ever noticed, while DXM and pseudoeph. are over the counter, the us gov. never lets opiates be OTC. Its like a zone that they feel like people cant be trusted to enter. but my whole point aint "its legal so it cant be good" but just that I know you aint the first person to think of or try this, it been done/thought about by 100's of ppl before, and Ima have to say good for you, but youre either deluding yourself or a freak of nature. :) like JC said, no matter what you want to say in this post, to everybody else with a general understanding of this shit, dont bother. If you got a small sense of logic you will be able to tell that on your own, but for the ones who need a lil advice one way or the other, dont waste your time, just accept that you cant be as awesomely lucky as malfunkshun to be able to get totally high off of non recreational over the counter drugs and accept your shitty lot in life. ;)

from wiki...

Crossing the blood-brain barrier

When loperamide is taken by itself, it cannot readily cross the blood-brain barrier; however, when loperamide-containing nanoparticles are coated with polysorbate 80 and injected, the results were the same as typical opiates and opioids -- long, effective analgesia. A solution prepared using loperamide coated with polysorbate 80 resulted in a very short duration of action and less effective analgesic effect. The same study concluded that loperamide does not cause any analgesic effects when taken by itself.[5]

Concurrent administration of P-glycoprotein inhibitors such as quinidine with loperamide has been found to produce respiratory depression, indicative of central opioid action.

Yea, but he is swallowing the pills. You just copied , pasted, n posted that with no words of your own and no ideas of your own, what are you tryna say? Thats great that you can get effects from loperamide WHEN IT IS INJECTED WITH ANOTHER SUBSTANCE, Because it is inactive or unable to provide analgesic effects on its own, but that aint what hes doin, so its kinda irrelevant to the point. If you wanted to show that it does produce opiate effects in some situations that are different than this one, then great job, but idk how that is really showin anything one way or the other. Also, analgesic dont=euphoric. you can kill pain without gettin high, so that is also not really proovin shit.

I have really no intention of trying this.....

But if no one else has actually tried a high dose of loperamide..........how can you say one way or the other for sure?

Where are any actual references to say one way or the other? And at what dose?

Just sayin.... :)

get off dudes back

obviously its workin for him dont rain on his parade just because u fiends have prob tried and failed and given up.

not something i would do, but interesting and lop is very helpfull during wds

malfunkshun is pretty trustworthy. many of the people talking shit in this thread remind me of typical ignorant frat boy fuckheads.

that being said, i just aint dedicated enough to take that many pills 3 or 4 times for nothing before actually experiencing something. especially when codeine and dihydrocodeine are both readily available otc in my country. Also, even 6 bucks is too much to afford for me. (side note, the best way to be well behaved is simply to not be able to afford anything. heh)

I aint talkin shit, many people aint talkin shit, we are jus stating facts, but if you notice I said im sure its possible for him to get high off it, just that he is one in a million, so nobody else should really try n waste their time. Some people become millionaires by doin ridiculous random shit and it works out for them. Great for them, but it dont mean that everybody should quit their job and go try n do that. What im sayin is there is always things thats exceptions to the rule, and once in a while they do work out, but it dont mean that the rule is changed, ya feel me. Thats what this situation is. Plus i really fucin doubt that anyone with a halfway significant tolerance would be able to get high in any way off this shit. If he gotta take 100 somethin pills to get off and he aint mention dope or oxy or fent or methadone use or nothin like that, then im guessin he can also get high off tramadol, etc. So it wouldnt really apply to "carreer" opiate users anyways, just as a extremely unlikely to work substitue for a better high for opiate naieve people. If im wrong about the tolerance thing please let me kno cuz Im jus guessin this I dont kno dude well enough to speak for his tolerance, but that is my best estimate of the situation .....

lacey, you are quite right. you are stating facts; i didnt mean that you were talking shit. more that centre fag. however the only thing i am unsure on is the 'one in a million mutation' thing.

there has been enough heresay and anecdotal reports here to show me that it is probably not a "one in a million" chance. it may be that yes, some people can get high and others cant, but i wouldnt make it as rare as you're saying.

as for tolerance, you are absolutely correct there also. this is for opiate naive people. career users would definately not be able to make an use of this (im pretty sure) - however, OD is made up of people from all walks, so i still think that malfunkshun's info is helpful and relevant. i just didnt like to see someone put their time and effort into posting information for no other reason than to benefit others (he could very well have kept it to himself, it doesnt matter, he still has fun) and then he gets pounced on by all these people accusing him of lying? its utter faggotry.

i believe funkshun, and id ont think he is a rare case. i think it is probably feasible to a lot of users with little or no tolerance. i personally dont care much for getting high anymore, but still. centre and others can kiss my ass. lacey you can kiss my lips - i love girls with attitude.

peace

shit it does sound pretty ghetto but i mean what do i have to lose... well besides my colon and a few bucks. btw can confirm it does work and is better than darvocet thats for sure

It took decades for a significant amount of people to discover that Benzedrex inhalers with propylhexedrine were recreational drugs. Do you really think anyone in the past would have tried eating 100+ Immodium pills at once, if not for reading about it on the internet? I don't.

We're making history.

Nice. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you've never made an impact on the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.