• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
malfunkshun said:
It is NOT a placebo.
You do realize that this statement in itself is the most obvious indication of Placebo? The whole point of Placebo is that it feels absolutely real when, truly, it does not exist.

The Loperamide enigma has long been solved. A few people were able to get it to cross the BBB through biochemical manipulation, and they all agree that it is a most unpleasant, toxic-like "buzz" and that they'd never do it agian.

ONE thing that will NOT be placebo is CONSTIPATION

ie now he is literally full of shit

That alone would put me off. If they were good for withdrawal, then I can see the use for them when the runs set in, but otherwise ..... no thanks!

The same naysayers were around when pod tea hit the boards, opium pods being sold in craft stores BAH HAH HAH nothing but placebo, bullshit etc.

Now we have pod users getting on methadone.

Same deal with poppy seed tea, clueless tards convincing themselves they are getting high. Then someone fatally ODs and an objective test is done and well what do you know three pounds of seeds washed contains 500mg of morphine. Placebo indeed.

I'm not saying this applies to loperamide at all, obviously its a little harder to achieve a high then poppy products. And there is some evidence it might actually be toxic if it crosses the BBB. But the derisive peanut gallery has been proven wrong before, very wrong.

Under some special conditions loperamide can cross, and the PDR does list drowsiness and nausea as potential side effects, so its not unheard of.

garuda said:
The same naysayers were around when pod tea hit the boards, opium pods being sold in craft stores BAH HAH HAH nothing but placebo, bullshit etc.

Now we have pod users getting on methadone.

Same deal with poppy seed tea, clueless tards convincing themselves they are getting high. Then someone fatally ODs and an objective test is done and well what do you know three pounds of seeds washed contains 500mg of morphine. Placebo indeed.

I'm not saying this applies to loperamide at all, obviously its a little harder to achieve a high then poppy products. And there is some evidence it might actually be toxic if it crosses the BBB. But the derisive peanut gallery has been proven wrong before, very wrong.

Under some special conditions loperamide can cross, and the PDR does list drowsiness and nausea as potential side effects, so its not unheard of.

The analogy doesn't hold...
Morphine comes from poppies, thats a fact.
Are we debating whether or not there is morphine hidden in these loperamide pills? Maybe thats whats responsible for the amazing high (8)) that it gives, little bits of morphine hidden in every pill!

^ lol. Why put all this effort into loperamide. Why don't you guys just think of ways to change lope into something that does cross the brain barrier easily? It's otherwise a waste of time for 99.99% of the population excluding all small infants, and others with compromised blood brain barriers.

johanneschimpo said:
The analogy doesn't hold...
Morphine comes from poppies, thats a fact.
Are we debating whether or not there is morphine hidden in these loperamide pills? Maybe thats whats responsible for the amazing high (8)) that it gives, little bits of morphine hidden in every pill!

The analogy was people balking at claims of a high, when they themselves had never even tried the thing in question.
If you look back ten years people were firmly convinced that dried pods did not contain morphine, or contained so little morphine getting high with them would be an exercise in futility. I remember heated arguments about the whole issue, with some people firmly convinced it was on the same league as smoking banana peels. People who had never even tried pod tea themselves were convinced it was all placebo effect because of some dumb quote from a book or two about pods being devoid of alkaloids when dried or whatever.

I have found when someone claims to get high off something they are almost 100% telling the truth, barring if someone is selling the bunk drugs in question.
So unless malfunkshun has stock in a maker of generic lope tablets I believe him and don't believe its placebo effect. The fact is hes not the only one claiming this, several others have as well.
I've been in WD and I have used high dose lope, it alleviated diarrhea great but made me extremely gassy. Thats it, nothing else. I still believe malfunkshun since he could have any number of physiological anomalies or messed up body chemistry. What other drugs is he taking daily for a start?

Now I believe lope is useless for a high but great for diarrhea for one reason, economics. The dose required for a mild high is 100 tablets, thats 200mg of lope. Even buying the cheapest generics in bulk that comes out to 6-9 dollars for one high! Using poppy pods that same high would cost you 1-2 dollars and be 1000 times more enjoyable. So why is anyone fucking around with loperamide when we essentially have OTC opiate products in the US already is beyond me.

malfunkshun said:
I remember several months ago (last summer) somebody mentioned in an old thread that they were getting a full-on euphoric opiate buzz from 100mg of loperamide. Of course he faced almost unanimous derision from members here at bluelight, with people saying things like "you'll never shit again" and "that much loperamide will kill you" and "you're lying, it's a placebo effect," blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

I am here to tell you all that I REALLY DO get a euphoric buzz from loperamide. It is NOT a placebo. I really am feeling this, REALLY. The quality of the buzz is actually pretty damn good... but not as good as the poppy seed tea or the poppy pods I used to do. I really don't know what to compare the loperamide buzz to... It's distinctly different from any other opiate I've done, such as morphine, tramadol, or hydrocodones. All I can say is that there is a DEFINITE euphoria, the intensity of which I would characterize as moderate and lasting all day. It does make it a bit harder to go to sleep though, just like other opiates in general... for me, anyway... so I need to have plenty of awake time before crashing. I usually dose around 6:00 am (I go to work at 7:00) and the buzz is good and strong until about 4:00 or 5:00 pm. Around 10:00 I'm getting ready to hit the sack, and I can usually go to sleep although sometimes it is very difficult. I keep a bottle of dramamine on my night stand to help me sleep in these situations.

However, I think there is a threshhold you have to cross before you actually get high, like with morphine. I didn't get high on morphine when I first started using it, but after a couple of weeks of repeated use, I finally crossed that "threshhold" and got high. Loperamide is similar... I had to dose about 100mg several times over the course of a week or two before I actually realized one day that I was high. By the way, I had started out using it simply to combat poppy seed tea withdrawals, but I wound up in danger of withdrawing from IT instead... so I decided to experiment with it.

My tolerance to loperamide has built up a lot since I first started using it. When I started I had a low tolerance to opiates, and approximately 100mg (about 50 or 60 of the little green pills) would get me off. Now it takes about 100-125 of the pills to catch a good buzz.

Also, there is a catch to this whole 'loperamide buzz' thing. You definitely CAN NOT redose the next day. I have to wait a minimum of two days between doses, preferably three, or else I am just wasting loperamide pills. This sucks but is also good in a way, as it keeps me from taking these things every single day.

One more thing - do NOT take the big round loperamide pills that are coated with some kind of shiny, smooth 'easy to swallow' shit. In high doses, whatever that shit is that they coat it with will make your stomach cramp up like a motherfucker. The pain is intense. It took me two times to realize what the culprit was, and luckily the second time I was able to force myself to puke all of them up right when the cramps started. I have never had painful cramps in my stomach after taking the tiny rectangular green pills, although sometimes the next day I will get suddenly very queasy and usually will puke up everything in my stomach, and then I'm ok. This is weird because it comes on very suddenly, the next day, AFTER I've spent all of the previous day feeling great.

So, THERE. Dude man was NOT bullshitting about catching a buzz with loperamide in that old thread, and I'm here to confirm it. Loperamide WILL get you high... at least, it gets me and that other guy high, and I'll wager it'll get ANYONE high if they experiment enough with it... and I don't give two shits what people say about the blood brain barrier.
Placebo effect.

I agree.

I tried quinidine tablets with relatively large doses of loperamide a number of years back, and it yeilded only barely noticable results. There was no sedation (perhaps even stimulation), however I noticed some definate constriction of the pupils. By far, the tinnitus was the most noticable, and this was not from loperamide!

I have a feeling the full effect would be quite dirty indeed. I would avoid heating loperamide and inhaling; im not sure if loperamide could be degraded into something neurotoxic.

Certainly a waste of time. Useful for opioid withdrawal however...

I'm sorry, I don't understand the purpose of the post above yours negrogesic

trolli2.jpg

malfunkshun said:
So, THERE. Dude man was NOT bullshitting about catching a buzz with loperamide in that old thread, and I'm here to confirm it. Loperamide WILL get you high... at least, it gets me and that other guy high, and I'll wager it'll get ANYONE high if they experiment enough with it... and I don't give two shits what people say about the blood brain barrier.

well i mean why shouldn't we believe you... youre not a pharm rep advocating IMMODIUM XR for treaetment of diarrhea, bloating, PMS, PTSD, GAD, and severe Schizophrenia...just plain ol' chalky generic 2L sort of loperamide.

I am glad you can easily get a high off a readily obtainable substance OTC, one that will never ever raise suspicion even if you buy it daily because 99% of people are not recreational drug users and if they are even then they wont know where loperamide comes from and all that.. i mean we have people on here snorting poppy flowers and choking to death, etc. plugging marijuana, putting DXM into your ear, using opium tincture as eyedrops.

But is it worth it? First of all 100 pills, depending on where you live, let's say like the most remote state, the most remote mom n pop drugstore....will be like say....3.99. Of course it will realistically be more like 8.99 but let's just say. that means that every other day you spend 4 dollars on this. thats 60 dollars a month for a mild high. it's much easier to order dried pods online since that's legal and use them for floral arrangements - ok - secondly

IT IS NOT GOOD TO INGEST A HANDFUL OF PILLS every other day'

things stay in your body. all sorts of things. i mean with a bottle of loperamide qod, there will be a shitload of crap, no pun intended, left wandering inside you looking for a plce to go. did you read about carcinogenic properties of loperamide at such doses? because youre takingn lab rat doses.....you don't know what side effect can occur, say, 2 months from now. You wanna be a 'case'? It's so risky....

luckily i live in an area where people from the former USSR open up pharmacies (like 10 pharmacies per block) and sell the old russian otc meds which contain bromides and loads of sedating barbiturates and opiates. but even then, a soviet otc high is pathetic, because if something is otc, is otc cause it aint fun...period.

the only exception being, perhaps, dmx in pure form for uses of the spiritual kind that i don't understand at all since im too down to earth....under the earth actually, entombed almost. and maybe mad anticholingergics to produce delirium or just running into a wall head first really hard until you fall and then take a lot of aspirin and red bull and down it with 2 liters of gin,,,,,

it just sounds pathetic.

and i REALLY want to know

HOW DO YOU DEFACATE, pardon my french, if you are on this crap qod? or do not eat either? do you take 500mgs of bisacodyl along with your loperamide bucket?

Respectfully

Alexandersson

(seriously, it might have sounded rude, but i always sound like an asshole when i write, i really am not being malicious...it just sounds like a really really hard method of getting a buzz to me. thats all...peace be with you and your kin)

I'm looking forward to the answer to this last question too, I have to admit.

Remember these pills are only 2mg each. 100 = 200mg.

Even for a strong opiate like morphine, an oral dose of 200mg would be average for someone with a tolerance.

Not saying that Lop actually works, just putting things in perspective.

read the fucking posts before you start smashing your keyboard so eagerly guys.

malfunkshun said:
^
I poop regularly. The longest I will go is once every other day. I'm not taking 100 loperamide pills every day you know. Like I said, you can't get high on these two days in a row. I have to take a break for two or three days between major doses. Plus, I have a tolerance now. I really don't have any problem going to the bathroom.

probably the same as how i could always take 600mg codeine on its own and get hardly an itch. just because a medication is sold as something doesnt mean it works perfectly for everyone, and if it does, it doesnt mean the effects are linear too. it sounds so stupid to hear people say thing slike, "100 immodium pills, hur hur, you must not shit for months!" - you sound like the spray tanned, makeup wearing, muscle shirt wearing douschebags that frequent the clubs around me.

i think people should remain greenlighters until they pass a comprehensive test involving basic pharmacology and general intelligence. that way it would be so much easier to sort out which posts are actually worth reading

you sound like the spray tanned, makeup wearing, muscle shirt wearing douschebags that frequent the clubs around me.
LOL what?

Anyway, this seems to have a grain of potential to it. I think. More and more it seems like to me that an extremely small percentage of the loperamide may pass through the BBD. A couple of days ago, I was w/ding and decided to take 12 of these before bed (never taken more than like 3-4 at a time during w/d). It was only 12, but, surprisingly, I actually got some relief throughout the night (i.e., slept more or less ok). I've *never* felt anything good from the imodium before, by the way. Seems like you truly need very high doses in this situation.

Still, seems very inconvenient to take this stuff -- despite ifonly's strong words, I still feel there's a high risk of "not shitting for" quite some time after this stuff. If you "poop regularly ... every other day," you must either not have much of an opiate habit or you take a fair amount of stool softeners/laxatives(/fiber?). I've upped my fiber intake lately to compensate for my dope habit and I'm lucky if i can have normal bowel movements even once every 3 days. Sure I can squeeze something out every 2 days if I truly try, but it's REALLY not much, I can tell you that.

Although in general opiates constipate people, not all opiate users have trouble with their bowels. When I was using heroin on a daily basis (ie, using several times throughout the day to stay well/get high), I was still shitting every day. Now I'm on suboxone (4mg), and I shit every day, depending on how much I eat, anywhere from 1-3 times a day. And no, I don't have a large fiber intake. I eat horrible, horrible unhealthy food, and I never ingest fiber. No whole wheat bread or anything like that.
So it varies greatly from person to person. So for me... I "poop regularly" and I have a large opiate habit (and it used to be even bigger). So although the two are related, it isn't a definite that you won't shit on opiates, but its certainly the tendency. I cannot even think of a day that I did not shit, I don't know if thats ever happened (I eat a lot, maybe thats why). If I took 100 imodium (200mg), then I definitely would go a day without shitting. =D

I hope my story of my shitting habits intrigued all of you. 8)

ifonly said:
i think people should remain greenlighters until they pass a comprehensive test involving basic pharmacology and general intelligence. that way it would be so much easier to sort out which posts are actually worth reading

LOL=D I've pushed for that before, many times, but no one else thinks its as good of an idea as I do. Also, it would most likely be difficult to institute that. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.