• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like a lot of pills to take... i was glad to have some when i ran out of 'done early but didn't get high.... then again i took two or three at a time...

bypass bbb

i need some info about pCBA nanoparticles , specifically how to load them with loperamide

i just also have to say that not everyone who are used to opiate types do not have prolonged constipation

I hope I'm never that desperate as to take 100 loperamide pills! Having said that, I'm panicking - really panicking. I got the day wrong (I'm off work on the sick) and my methadone supply is getting low (I am prescribed it for pain). I am waiting to be assessed at an addiction centre as I'm now facing needing the stuff not just for pain but for addiction and the thinking is I need a much higher daily dose. Until then I just have to manage. I can't pick any more up until Tuesday, but I thought today was Saturday, so I had a reasonable dose and left a very small amount for what I thought was Sunday, and I can manage one day without anything if I don't have to go to work, then I'd get my supply on Tuesday.

I've just discovered that it's Friday not Saturday :( I don't know how I'm going to make it till Tuesday! All I've got to give any relief is some diazepam amps and a few xanax - more if my next supply arrives soon, which it should.

somebody mentioned in an old thread that they were getting a full-on euphoric opiate buzz from 100mg of loperamide. Of course he faced almost unanimous derision from members here at bluelight, with people saying things like "you'll never shit again" and "that much loperamide will kill you" and "you're lying, it's a placebo effect," blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

yeah and were going to say that same shit to you, i think i will choose to take the word of a physicist over some douche bag who took 100 immodium.

go get real drugs or stop doing them cause theres no way your getting high off loperamide, its impossible man...straight out impossible.

end of discussion happened along time ago!

ranunky said:
Things don't just cross or not cross the blood brain barrier. Everything will cross it, some things are better at crossing it than others. Loperamide is pretty shit at crossing the BBB but it's not unreasonable to assume that if you increase the dosage massivly that some will get through.

That's not true. There are transporters that actively remove loperamide and another garbage.

It's either a placebo (which I'm guessing it is), or your just taking so so much, that you are getting a bit of euphoria. (It IS a side effect in some people after taking such a large amount.)

But in no way, would it be a decent buzz.

So to all you guys saying it's impossible, it's actually not in some people.. for whatever reason. Still it's not worth it swallowing hundreds of immodium.

Well fetuses have undeveloped BBBs - maybe everyone who gets high off it is a fetus or has some sort of faulty BBB.
I'm more inclined to believe the placebo effect. This does not work for most people. Actually, there's just a small, small group of people who claim this works. It might be collusion just to fuck with people and constipate them, who knows...
All I know is that loperamide will not make the average human being high in any way at all.

No way. Lopermide CANNOT cross the BBB. Thats why it is an over the counter opiod.

This is interesting. Though I think it maybe only for certain people? Because you'd think this would have been common knowledge long ago in the druggie community..

johanneschimpo said:
Well fetuses have undeveloped BBBs - maybe everyone who gets high off it is a fetus or has some sort of faulty BBB.

Maybe malfunkshun's mother took plenty of loperamide during pregnancy, causing fetus-malfunkshun's underdeveloped BBB to become accustomed to loperamide, leading to his ability to get high off of it later in life.(complete and total drugged out speculation, with absolutely no basis in reality)
On a side note, taking 100 loperamide pills isnt quite as hard as it seems. When I take lope for withdrawal I usually take about 5 of them, but I have a very hard time swallowing pills, even those extremely tiny 2mg loperamides. So I take my 5 pills and break them in half and put the halves into a 00 size capsule and take them all at once. Using this method you would only have to swallow 20 pills in order to take 100.
If you were to crush 100 of them and fill up some capsules it would be much less than 20. Maybe taking such a huge dose at once floods your BBB with the drug and small amounts sneak by and get you high. It was afterall designed to be a very powerful pain killer, but since it cannot readily cross the BBB it was downgraded to a constipation medicine. If even less than 1% of a 100mg dose somehow crosses the BBB it may just be potent enough to actually get you high.(also all complete speculation, with no scientific basis to back up these theories)
Loperamide does work well for WD, I have used it many times and it really does help. Maybe by taking huge doses of it during the height of opiate WDs the feeling of no longer WDing along with the loperamide binding to the opiate receptors throughout the rest of your body(not just the ones in your brain) it might cause some sort of euphoria(or maybe the euphoria is only a mental state caused by no longer feeling like shit from the WDs)
Either way, if it works for malfunkshun more power to him. Everyone else is just jealous that they can't get high from a drug that is cheap and readily available anywhere.

I'm not jealous, but I've tried it for withdrawal and found it did nothing except ease some of the symptoms. When I mentioned it on here, it was explained that it didn't cross the blood brain barrier.

I could do with something for withdrawal :( had to go without any methadone today, have a tiny amount left for tomorrow, then it will have to be none on Monday.

malfunkshun said:
^
Loperamide is an OPIOID, as genuine as fentanyl or hydrocodone

Wrong. Loperamide is very different from fentanyl or hydrocodone. You have to take crazy amounts of lop. to "get high." Who knows what kind of problems your causing to your gastro-intestinal tract?

I suppose if you really enjoy the substance then go for it. Just don't tell anyone...unless you don't care about being laughed at.

spaceyourbass said:
Wrong. Loperamide is very different from fentanyl or hydrocodone. You have to take crazy amounts of lop. to "get high." Who knows what kind of problems your causing to your gastro-intestinal tract?

I suppose if you really enjoy the substance then go for it. Just don't tell anyone...unless you don't care about being laughed at.

that doesn't make it less of an opioid. It's a potent mu agonist. It just can't get to CNS mu receptors.

Hypothetically, if someone were to have ever had MENENGITIS (sp) sometime in their past they may be able to feel LOPE due to a breakdown of the the BBB due to their prior illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.