• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. If I did and it worked, I wouldn't come post in here. There's a heavy stigma around here if your a loperamide addict.

EDIT: ^ haha beaten to it

I actually spent time reading all the posts. It makes sense that it COULD ease withdrawals, but as far as getting you high? And I would assume that the only withdrawal one would be relieve. is the diarrhea. I mean, The mu receptors that provide the euphoria are located in the CNS. If this drug bounces out of the BBB, then this wouldn't work. As far as people having flawed BBBs, they would probably be dead or sick by now.

you might be surprised, for me it relieves most all of the physical symptoms, diahrea, nausea, hot/cold sweats, runny nose, yawning uncontrollably. but it wont help me sleep and does nothing for anxiety.
i wouldnt try getting high off of it though. imagine how big a pile of 100 immodiums is, that cant be good for you. blech.

malfunkshun said:
this is open again? anyway i never got the chance to reply because i had no net connection when all the fun was going on here and i got bashed pretty good, and some people were pretty cool.

one word here from me and then you guys can have all the fun you want.

i know taking vast amounts of loperamide can't be that good for me, neither is taking vast amounts of any drug. but why would i lie about this? i knew i was taking a risk posting this thread, that there would be haters and bashers and general assholes and there have been those a-plenty. i am not in the habit of getting on message boards and inventing tall tales. i have been here for a good long while and anyone who is half way familiar with me knows that i'm not that kind of person.

some people actually think that this is a placebo i'm feeling. if that was the case, i could get high on any goddamn thing in the medicine cabinet just by talking myself into it. it is a ridiculous suggestion. just absolutely RIDICULOUS. i know an opiate high when i feel one, ok? i snorted an 80 mg oxy once and didn't feel jack shit, and man i REALLY tried to talk myself into a good high with that one.

now... you guys can take it or leave it about the getting high on loperamide. what i mainly would like to stress is that it is a lifesaver for withdrawals. i can't say much for what it would do for somebody trying to kick a hard core H or fentanyl habit but for withdrawing from morphine aka pills or poppy pods and seeds, it is a LIFESAVER. it completely eradicates withdrawals at high doses, minimum 50 mg.

now, is it worth it to you to 'risk' taking that many pills to get rid of withdrawals? thats up to you. from my viewpoint though, loperamide is the same as any other opiate taken at high doses. i'm talking about one time use here, not extended.

right now i am tapering off of it, decreasing by 1 pill a day. in about a month i'll be done with it.

and i'm done with this thread too.
(unless more people who aren't retarded start to reply)

Bra honestly if it works for you than great but 2 things

1. You can't convince yourself of a placebo, if you could we'd all be eating gummy bears and getting an opiate buzz while smoking cigs for a sativa high.

2. Snorting an 80 will fuck most people up. Especially compared to pods and seeds and even morphine unless maybe iv. Unless your doing 320mgs of oxy daily or some huge ammount of opiate/opiod you WILL at least feel something.

I myself had previously posted in this thread that i thought that your post was genuine. I thought regardless of the science you were trying to nicely inform the rest of us of a way to get high, however after reading this post I for 1 am calling shennanigans. I really think your reaching to defend this and am pretty positive your flat out lying at least to some degree. A good way I've learned to tell a liar is when someone details an explanation that no one asked for.

i may try lope again when I have no tolerance. also for the record, i shit the next day... there was noted stomach pain though...

If i feel something without tolerance, I may try to conduct a study with some friends who are completely opiate naive. I'll probably give them all loperamide, and tell them they've either been given a powerful opiate, or nothing. i know this is not a correct scientific procedure...

anyway...

I'd also like to say that i usually experience EXTREME euphoria after w/ding... and could explain the euphoria...

i'm gonna start offering passers by "lope" at music festivals...

ugh... i hate myself

There's something unnatural, even with addicts such as myself, with downing 50 pills of any kind. Let the intestinal cramping begin. Malfunkshun's going to end up with a prolapsed asshole and that alone makes me not even consider trying such a stunt. Just buy real drugs, dude!! Not Lope and Tramadol!!!!

OK, it's the tertiary alcohol that makes loperamide not be able to cross the BBB. Now, why doesn't pseudoephedrine/ephedrine provide the same high as methamphetamine? The difference between meth and (pseudo)ephedrine is only the secondary alcohol at the beta position. You people who get high off loperamide... can you get a meth high off of plain ol Sudafed tabs?

Johnny blue said:
Bra honestly if it works for you than great but 2 things

1. You can't convince yourself of a placebo, if you could we'd all be eating gummy bears and getting an opiate buzz while smoking cigs for a sativa high.

2. Snorting an 80 will fuck most people up. Especially compared to pods and seeds and even morphine unless maybe iv. Unless your doing 320mgs of oxy daily or some huge ammount of opiate/opiod you WILL at least feel something.

I myself had previously posted in this thread that i thought that your post was genuine. I thought regardless of the science you were trying to nicely inform the rest of us of a way to get high, however after reading this post I for 1 am calling shennanigans. I really think your reaching to defend this and am pretty positive your flat out lying at least to some degree. A good way I've learned to tell a liar is when someone details an explanation that no one asked for.

yeah, i got the same thing from that post. its one thing to say he gets high from lope, i mean, whatever, but then to say in the same post that 80oc, the largest OC pill currently made, did nothing for him?
that sounds absurd.

Last edited:
djsim said:
OK, it's the tertiary alcohol that makes loperamide not be able to cross the BBB. Now, why doesn't pseudoephedrine/ephedrine provide the same high as methamphetamine? The difference between meth and (pseudo)ephedrine is only the secondary alcohol at the beta position. You people who get high off loperamide... can you get a meth high off of plain ol Sudafed tabs?
Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about. I love you djsim. =D

Jesus christ, I've never seen people so willing to argue about something.

It is crystal fucking clear to me that at least SOMETHING is getting through the BBB when I withdrawal and take loperamide. I know what the difference is between peripheral and central effects and I can practically feel loperamide clinging on to the Mu receptors.

20mg of loperamide gave me just slightly less relief than 1 XL pod ground up in tea. It may not cross the BBB very effectively, but if it can relieve my anxiety, physical bone pains, yawning and squirming during withdrawal in just a 20mg dose, then I have absolutely no doubt that some must be getting through the BBB.

The bottom line is it may not be practical to most people. It wouldn't be practical for me to get high with, but for withdrawing it's wonderful. Thank god they made immodium an OTC drug, otherwise I'd have nothing to help my withdrawals. Just more pod tea.

djsim said:

The key here is that this person isn't taking 3 loperamide pills and claiming a high, he is taking a lot. Now, one couldn't take a lot of ephedrine without dying, but you have no idea whether you could get a meth like effect from high dosages. Loperamide certainly seems safer than taking high dosages of (pseudo)ephedrine

Sure, it might not be practical. But I don't think your analogy quite makes sense because a "high" is claimed with high dosages of loperamide. No one can say for sure if high dosages of pseudoephedrine or ephedrine would give methamphetamine like effects, and it would probably be deadly to find out. At least loperamide hasn't taken any lives.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just playing devils advocate a bit here.

^ Do you know what a tertiary alcohol is? And what it means for small molecules?
This isn't guess and check. Everything in the universe follow the laws of science.

^ That first link appears to be discussing a form of transdermal opioid applications that affects peripheral opioid receptors, not centrally located ones. So loperamide would not be crossing the BBB:

The primary obstacle for topical administration of pharmaceuticals is to deliver a topically-applied substance through the stratum corneum layer of the epidermis. The stratum corneum is a highly resistant layer comprised of protein, cholesterol, sphingolipids, free fatty acids and various other lipids as well as living cells. Applicants have discovered a second obstacle which must be overcome, the delivery of a sufficient quantity of the substance through the stratum corneum to achieve a minimum effective concentration in the skin where peripheral opioid receptors, i.e. nerve tissue at the dermal/epidermal junction, are located. Applicants have further discovered that a third obstacle is maintaining a sufficient concentration of the active substance in the skin where peripheral opioid receptors are located for a minimum effective period of time to achieve the desired response. That is, it is not sufficient that a minimum concentration merely be reached; it must be sustained for a minimum time period.

Also, see this quote:

Certain opioids are also known to be antihyperalgesic. As an antihyperalgesic opioid, loperamide hydrochloride is effective in treating pain and hypersensitivity to painful stimuli associated with inflammatory skin conditions. Due to its high affinity for peripheral opioid receptors and poor ability to penetrate the central nervous system, loperamide hydrochloride is an excellent candidate for topical administration of an antihyperalgesic.

All from that first article you linked to.

As for that second link, I have no idea what this 'NC' product they are talking about is, but I would be surprised if it really was loperamide that was causing the effects they are discussing and apparently a few of those posters don't think NC is that great a WD aid anyway.

Also, loperamide is not going to be as potent as fentanyl. Compare loperamide with fentanyl and methadone. It is very similar to methadone: we have the secondary amine 2 carbons away from a quartnery carbon, and attached to that carbon we have diphenyl and an acyl group. Compare this to fentanyl which has only one phenyl group at the tertiary carbon, and the secondary amine (piperidine) is 3 carbons away. Look at attached image.

So that being said, we can't assume anymore that a tiny proportion of loperamide making it across the BBB will be enough. It is not active in the microgram range like fentanyl... it is active in the milligram range. So if prior assumptions were true (that a small proportion makes it across the BBB somehow), then a small proportion (lets say 1%) of 100mg (2mg x50 tabs) gives 1mg. Hell, let's say 5% makes it across with the p-glycoprotein inhibitors. That's 5mg. An active dose of methadone is 10mg. Would you feel it? Maybe. Is it worth it. No.

Attachments

• bl_lop1.gif
    bl_lop1.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.