• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i merely suggested someone get a bottle and try it

the 1 2 3 not it is me NOT being that person.

you kids today gettin your goddamn rocks off on anti diarreah meds...sigh

It's amazing isn't it? Who would have thought a forum like this would have everyone fascinated by and taking loperamide?

I guess maybe im new, but arent you guys a little late in bumping this thread?

ugh, i popped a shit ton of "lope" when i started reading this thread. i'm reluctant to post this, as it will most likely tarnish my sterling image here at BL. but i can honestly say i feel a certain warmth in my shoulders and back of my neck. i was widthdrawling from a month long oxy/morphine/hydro binge and i feel right as rain. not just well... dare i say....

high.

so, let the stoning begin!

i read the whole damn thread and figured, i had 3 dollars to waste, and really wouldn't mind dropping dead on loperamide so all the mods could be like "BL lost a member in the name of this fucktardery, DONT DO IT!" and we could end this thread with what's really important, a tribute to ME!.

Also, for the record i have a naturally low opiate tolerance for my weight and i will be until further notice absolutely full of shit.

P.S. I'm not suicidal in the least, so thanks for your concerns, but don't worry about all that death talk, i love being high on loperamide too much to die!

The high your feeling may just be the relief from the WD symptoms. In fact there's a thread in BDD right now where this was mentioned.

if it can releaf withdrawal symptons why shouldnt it be able to cause a high?

^^^good question...and it DOES seem to relieve withdrawal symptoms, OTHER than just the shits.

this is open again? anyway i never got the chance to reply because i had no net connection when all the fun was going on here and i got bashed pretty good, and some people were pretty cool.

one word here from me and then you guys can have all the fun you want.

i know taking vast amounts of loperamide can't be that good for me, neither is taking vast amounts of any drug. but why would i lie about this? i knew i was taking a risk posting this thread, that there would be haters and bashers and general assholes and there have been those a-plenty. i am not in the habit of getting on message boards and inventing tall tales. i have been here for a good long while and anyone who is half way familiar with me knows that i'm not that kind of person.

some people actually think that this is a placebo i'm feeling. if that was the case, i could get high on any goddamn thing in the medicine cabinet just by talking myself into it. it is a ridiculous suggestion. just absolutely RIDICULOUS. i know an opiate high when i feel one, ok? i snorted an 80 mg oxy once and didn't feel jack shit, and man i REALLY tried to talk myself into a good high with that one.

now... you guys can take it or leave it about the getting high on loperamide. what i mainly would like to stress is that it is a lifesaver for withdrawals. i can't say much for what it would do for somebody trying to kick a hard core H or fentanyl habit but for withdrawing from morphine aka pills or poppy pods and seeds, it is a LIFESAVER. it completely eradicates withdrawals at high doses, minimum 50 mg.

now, is it worth it to you to 'risk' taking that many pills to get rid of withdrawals? thats up to you. from my viewpoint though, loperamide is the same as any other opiate taken at high doses. i'm talking about one time use here, not extended.

right now i am tapering off of it, decreasing by 1 pill a day. in about a month i'll be done with it.

and i'm done with this thread too.
(unless more people who aren't retarded start to reply)

Last edited:
The other night, while withdrawing from poppy pod tea (which has a most annoying withdrawal as it is so slow to set in) I started getting pain in my legs and arms, and that constant need to stretch them and yawn.

It was far too late at night for me to grind up a pod and make tea with which to taper, so I turned to loperamide.

I only took 10 pills (20mg), around 12:30 AM. I fell asleep for 2 hours and when I woke up, I was not high by any means whatsoever, but there was a significant reduction in withdrawal symptoms.

Loperamide is great for withdrawals.

Great for withdrawals, yeah. If someone can fully get off heroin or fent using nothing but large doses of "lope", without feeling severe w/ds then I'll believe it, that would be the benchmark. I personally don't think you're bullshitting, malfunkshen, why would you? But it could be some strange medical phenomenon that only certain people are able to metabolize lope into something that can cross the BBB. Maybe an enzyme or even some contaminant that gets into certain batches? There's a million possibilities.

We should finance our own experiment! I'll even donate $5! j/k

Then once we prove that lope is psychoactive we can blackmail Jannsenn and co! Err I mean SWIM can blackmail Jannsenn pharms.

I too took the "Pepsi Challenge". I am coming off of a Percocet binge and loperamide amazed me. At about 130mg I felt a similar high to what that same mg of codeine would have given me a while back. It also seems to be very persistant and lasted my entire shift at work.

I can't believe I had been sweating the sheets for no reason.

Should I be embarrassed that I used to have a low tolerance to opiods? I miss the days of it being a cheaper high.

All I am saying is don't knock it until you have tried it.

Also would it impress you if I were to tell you that I used to take upwards of 8 4mg dilaudids a day as well as 6 10mg lortabs? That was a low point in my life so make fun of me for getting a buzz off of medicine for the runs. It is a hell of a lot more affordable not being strung out all the time.

Well since you survived 130mg I think I'm gonna try 30mg and see what happens. Or at least keep some handy in case I lose some of my meds. If I take 60mg of codeine I can still feel it (and that's through the fent I'm on) so no need to be embarrassed.

^^^don't do it. OP is obviously some kind of serial killer trying to see how many people he can get to OD on immodium.

hexxx said:
Great for withdrawals, yeah. If someone can fully get off heroin or fent using nothing but large doses of "lope", without feeling severe w/ds then I'll believe it, that would be the benchmark. I personally don't think you're bullshitting, malfunkshen, why would you? But it could be some strange medical phenomenon that only certain people are able to metabolize lope into something that can cross the BBB. Maybe an enzyme or even some contaminant that gets into certain batches? There's a million possibilities.

We should finance our own experiment! I'll even donate $5! j/k

Then once we prove that lope is psychoactive we can blackmail Jannsenn and co! Err I mean SWIM can blackmail Jannsenn pharms.

I made it a point to emphasize that I had no idea how loperamide would work helping someone going through full blown H or fent withdrawals. It works for morphine withdrawals, I'm positive about that.

And about me being a medical phenomenon... well, I have received MANY pm's from people who said they had the same experience with loperamide but didn't post it here (and I'm not going to say who or how many people exactly pm'd me). Why didn't they post their experiences? Because of the general derision and ridicule I've experienced coming from various assholes. I don't blame them for keeping quiet, either. Also, some people are afraid that it will 'get out' that loperamide can be recreational. I am not going to worry about that much, because although it is possible to get euphoria from it, it is a hassle in two ways:

1. It takes a lot of it and it can be expensive
2. You can only dose every 3rd or 4th day. It is NOT an every day thing. It has to get out of your system before it is possible to get high again.

It just isn't a junkie's drug. The only reason why I even found out that you can get high is because I used it to stop withdrawals and it worked, and I felt a 'little' something, so I went back to it and tried it again at a higher dose. Does anyone really blame me? Most of are addicts here after all.

edit:

hexxx said:
130mg!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!! 8o 8o 8o

This is the kind of reaction that just makes me do this: 8)

130 mg of loperamide is... 65 pills (in my experience, that's about the minimum it's going to take to get high with a low tolerance). It's a lot of pills, yeah, but other people routinely take 400 mg of tramadol, or 350 mg of oxy, etc. Drugs come in milligrams for the most part, and it's not uncommon to take hundred of milligrams at once of various drugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.