Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am female and against circumcision

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • Other - I'll post my response below

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters

Mariposa

Bluelight Crew
I had a chat with a friend recently wherein she confided in me that she had just started dating an uncircumcised guy and was a little bit apprehensive about her ability to get used to his penis, because she has never seen an uncircumcised penis before.

It got me thinking about how we haven't had a good circumcision debate in awhile. I think some of you might be interested in responding to/discussing it, so here goes.

I plan to later turn this into a poll for men to report their circumcision status. I am having technical difficulties doing so and getting bizarre errors! I thought about expanding this into a preference poll but the options got too confusing. So, lovers of the cock regardless of gender: feel free to respond on the behalf of your significant other if you'd like. ;)

My personal experience with the issue:

I have only seen 2 uncircumcised (intact) penises in my life and in both cases they were attached to men who were born and raised in Europe.

I did find both of the intact penises more aesthetically pleasing than most circumcised penises. I do not plan to circumcise my sons if I ever have any. I don't see the point in modern times. If my sons elect to undergo a circumcision later in life

So, men, what's your status? Are you happy with it?

Partners of men: what's your preference?

Click here for a thread from the Archive on circumcision

mariposa420 said:
I had a chat with a friend recently wherein she confided in me that she had just started dating an uncircumcised guy and was a little bit apprehensive about her ability to get used to his penis, because she has never seen an uncircumcised penis before.

It got me thinking about how we haven't had a good circumcision debate in awhile. I think some of you might be interested in responding to/discussing it, so here goes.

I plan to later turn this into a poll for men to report their circumcision status. I am having technical difficulties doing so and getting bizarre errors! I thought about expanding this into a preference poll but the options got too confusing. So, lovers of the cock regardless of gender: feel free to respond on the behalf of your significant other if you'd like. ;)

My personal experience with the issue:

I have only seen 2 uncircumcised (intact) penises in my life and in both cases they were attached to men who were born and raised in Europe.

I did find both of the intact penises more aesthetically pleasing than most circumcised penises. I do not plan to circumcise my sons if I ever have any. I don't see the point in modern times. If my sons elect to undergo a circumcision later in life

So, men, what's your status? Are you happy with it?

Partners of men: what's your preference?

Click here for a thread from the Archive on circumcision

well, im circum whatever u call it,, i have to say its aight, although i wouldnt know how the alternative is,

mariposa420 said:

if by a while you mean about two weeks...

I live in the USA and grew up here. I am uncircumcised. I am happy with my situation now and the one girl I was with never mentioned it or anything so it wasn't a big deal. However, I was deeply ashamed of being uncircumcised my entire childhood since the vast majority of male children in the USA are circumcised. My brother wound up getting cut when he was ~16.. poor bastard. He's happy how he is though and so am I so I guess its not a big deal.

Personally I think it rocks. I have tons of sensitivity down there and while erect it looks just like any other penis.

The one down side I find that when you use the restroom, especially a urinal, you have to pull the skin back (which is no problem, doesn't hurt since I masturbate like 200x a day anyways and its quite elastic) but sometimes I forget or whatever and then you shoot in some random direction or split shot it all over the wall or something retarded. Kinda annoying but not a big deal.

As an aside: I am thankful my dad and mom chose to break convention and not have me or my brother cut. We were able to make the choice ourselves when we grew up and I think thats important. I won't make that choice for my children so I won't have it done at birth. If they want it done later in life that's fine.

I used to be a bit apprehensive about intact (as you eloquently put it ;)) cocks, until I ended up playing with one as my first. It seems to have its advantages to the uncut guy and I enjoyed using them to please him. Definitely interesting to play with, lol. Unfortunately, I personally will never get to find out how these advantages feel, but I don't exactly spend my life lamenting it.

Sooner or later someone will mention smegma: personally, if a guy has smegma, it shows that they are rather unclean, and likely yucky in other places as well!

My first boyfriend was circumcised, the rest werent but i didnt really notice that much for it to bother me. If i can remember correctly giving head is better on a guy who is circumcised but thats about it.

Ya I've had smegma like 1 time in 24 years and it was a tiny little bit when I woke up and.. /gasp I took a shower and it was gone. Never have had it since. Smegma isn't a problem in modern society where people bathe daily.

I'm indifferent, as there is nothing I can do about retrieving my foreskin.

I'm sure it wouldn't fit now anyway.

Noodle said:
I'm indifferent, as there is nothing I can do about retrieving my foreskin.

I'm sure it wouldn't fit now anyway.

lol! so true im with you there

This is only an issue in America.

I'm Australian and most of my friends aren't circumcised. There is less variation here. I doubt almost anyone gets their kids circumcised nowadays over here.

Even taking into account what variation there is, it really isn't an issue. I've never heard of anyone feeling uncomfortable because they were/weren't cut, and none of my female friends have ever mentioned caring one way or the other when the topic came up in conversation.

The only place I have ever really heard of this issue is on television that comes from America, and on message boards populated by Americans. I think perhaps it is because the historical background of the US is such that the practice is more common and so its more of an issue?

Anyhow...circumcision is basically pointless in this day and age of daily bathing. I'm not cut and I like my tadger just the way it is.

My parents said I was but that's a lie. Either they lied to me or I'm some kind of super human that grows skin back in that region.I'll go with the super human theory for my amusement.

I wish I was circumsised when I was born instead of getting it done when I was ten, I had developed some sort of rash/infection on my head and no its not cause I was dirty, I've always been a bit of a clean freak actually, and let me tell you that shit fuckin hurts real bad, getting stabbed doesn't hurt nearly as much as getting cut and my moms the type of crazy bitch that told the dr. that I wouldn't need those nasty pain killers post op, thanks mom I still have nightmares about that pain.

i am cut and perfer cut guys, if they are uncut no biggie in my limited expirience (1) guy i didn't think oral was as easy/fun. kind of wish i had my forskin though.

I am not cut. And happy with it.

Nor do I condone circumsizing infants. Just because you made a child doesn't mean you can go chopping bits of the kid off.

satricion said:

I don't know about that. I'm in Australia too and it's certainly an issue in my household. Hubby is circumcised - like most Australian men aged 30 +, it was just what happened in the 70's. And these men are now poised to become dads might want their boys circumcised just because "they were" (which includes my partner).

It's good that boys your age aren't cut now as a rule. The less people who get their boys cicumcised, the less there will be who will grow into dads wanting to perpetuate the tradition. And the "norm" will become intact penises, allowing the whole thing to eventually die out entirely.

Personally I do actually prefer the look of a circumcised penis, but not so much that I would go to the extent of putting my child through that sort of operation. It's just an aesthetic thing and it's trivial ... and my preference is probably more due to what I'm used to, than anything else.

satricion said:

QFT. The rest of the world doesn't give a fuck. Stop being such bizarre juveniles and get over it, America.

In Canada most men are circumsized. Out of all the guys I grew up with, only one wasn't trimmed. I played hockey for 26 years, and as far back as I can remember 98% of the men in the dressing room had no hood either.
Most women I know have also never been with a guy with foreskin. It is cosmetic more than anything. I got my son done, had to pay for it.

Uncut here.

Sometimes I wish I was for the look.

But I am happy with how I am, and so is my girlfriend. :D

I'm circumsized and love it!

Though I'm sure I would love being uncircumsized if I grew up like that but for the record I'm most likely gonna have my kid circumsized.

He may appreciate it when he's older. Who knows... 8(