• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

For those who have or do IV ritalin(methylphenidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes I used to IV methylphenidate (Concerta - swedish brand name) and it was so out of control. To me IVing that chemical got as bad as IVing Cocaine, you NEED that next shot and you NEED it now!

I used a way of extracting the methylphenidate out of Concerta using Isopropyl alcohol because of its fast evaporation. I think I even wrote a little guide on this site somewhere.
Anyway I would extract a batch out of like 5 Concertas 54mg's, wait for it to be done and then just slam it and as I was rushing from that I would start on the next batch and the next and the next.. totally obsessed with making the next batch as fast as possible.

Don't ask me why I didn't just start with extracting like 10 or 20 Concerta 54mg's - I don't know why I didnt.

Anyway down the line after slamming ridiculous amounts of this stuff every day over several weeks and maintaining my heroin and GHB addiction I had a breakdown, got psychotic and stopped using the Methylphenidate all together.

I haven't used Methylphenidate in ~1½ years now and I actually get sick to my stomach when I think about it.

I am thinking of this. He has two types of Rit he can get. Small 10mg tabs that are NOVARTIS and he has RITAL generic ones.

He's laying off snorting it's stupid and dangerous, leads to all kinda of nose problems just sticking to teh guns.

TO IV, SC or IM? :)

gunna add methadone in the mix too.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWIM is thinking of this. He has two types of Rit he can get. Small 10mg tabs that are NOVARTIS and he has RITAL generic ones.

He's laying off snorting it's stupid and dangerous, leads to all kinda of nose problems just sticking to teh guns.

TO IV, SC or IM? :)

gunna add methadone in the mix too.

if i were you i'd stick with snorting the ritalin. it feels more cocaine-like than injecting IMO. injecting ritalin gives you a rush, and the high seems to last for almost an hour.

for snorting, the high seems to last around 2 hours. the ones i used to get were small and white, not sure if they were generic or brand tho, but I know for a fact they weren't colored, and they didnt leave any bad gunky stuff like some people reported from trying to filter the colored ones which makes me think they were at least somewhat safer for injecting than the colored ones.

and why do you say that snorting is stupid and dangerous? i think you need a visit to the "case studies" thread where some people had some pretty harsh consequences from injecting ritalin. injecting ritalin can also mess with your retinas and cause damage. also the comedown of snorted ritalin is worse than the comedown from coke, but you haven't felt shit yet until you comedown from IV ritalin.

- my advice, if you do decide to inject, is to keep some weed on hand, or some xanax for the comedown and just remember that it will be over eventually. i can't explain how bad the comedown is, and it really is very suicidal almost. you feel like everything in the world is wrong and you just want to crawl up and die. the only thing to do is just wait it out and get as high as you can to try and mask it.

the best way i used to enjoy ritalin tho would be to get a moderate alcohol buzz going (not drunk, but pretty tipsy), then i'd slam the ritalin. since ritalin is chemically similar to cocaine, when you combine it with alcohol it produces a chemical that is similar to the one produced from combining alcohol and coke (cocaethylene). however, this chemical is toxic to the body, and can cause people to overdose and is very dangerous, so just giving you a heads up.

if you're looking to get high, i find snorting to be more euphoric. but if you got some needle fixation and are craving a rush, then injecting is going to seem more appealing. i injected a little over 20mg once and it seemed a little overbearing at times on my heart, but i can't remember if i had caffeine that day or not, so just be safe and start off slow.

Mixing methyphenidate and methadone in the same IV is a waste and is actually quite dangerous.

I would take Korn3x's advice and just stick to snorting.

Also, use proper pronouns when posting here. We don't use "SWIM" or "SWIY" because it makes your posts hard to read and is pointless. Everybody who reads your post knows its you.

just tried it, different method

Just iv'd 25mg mallenckrodt brand mph.. Interesting. Not quite the rush I was expecting, but a subtle bump of energy. Kinda seemed to creep up on me. I used two and a half pills for my first shot. Used a little bit different method than I've read others using. Crush my pills, separate into 3 (or more) small piles, add 1/2- 3/4cc + first pile, filter, discard remainder. Add solution to second pile, repeat. I find this easier and less wasteful than trying to deal with all that chalk at once, plus you dont need as much water, My 2cents lol.. Oh, and no nautia :)

P.s.- At time of injection had 30mg oxycodone in my system, and worked a 9hr shift from 10pm- 730am last night and havent slept.. Probably affected the experience a bit.

Im so glad I dont do this anymore..... I think the damage ive caused my body from injecting pills like Ritalin, Oxy, MS etc has only just started affecting me, 3 years after the last time I shot a pill. For quite awhile I didnt use micron filters, id say 3 out of 4 times that ive injected pills would have been without a wheel filter and I IV'd rit and oxy most days for 2 1/2 years. Makes me sick thinking about it. These days I have very bad circulation, I find it very hard to get a full breath of air sometimes and my veins are pretty fucked and its getting progressively worse, im only 21 I dont want to be all kinds of fucked up before my adult life has even really started. I hate to think of the damage ive done my heart, lungs, eyes and other vital organs, its really scary.

Stay safe guys, just because your not getting any bad side effects from cotton filtering pills right now doesnt mean you wont be feeling the negatives in a few years time.

Last edited:
i have Ived Ritalin Plenty of times and never got an instant rush at all like cocaine gives me, i would feel the effects within 1-2mins after Iving ritalin, feels no different then plugging. its nothing special

Really? How much did you have? Id usually have 30-40mg but ive heard of people rushing off less. I got a very strong rush, speedballed with oxy was amazing.

I didnt want to start a new thread but wanted to ask a q. Ive been shooting 20mg shots and though i feel high and i could see its similarity toiv coke i dont get the sound. If i hit 40mg is thw dose of mph still safe....i can tell that this drug is hard on my heart. Possibility its more cardiotoxic than coke?

Better be safe than sorry....explaining to friends and fam why i was iv ing Ritalin. That would go over like a fart in church

Hi SteeleyJ.

Normally it isn't allowed to bump old threads and you're encouraged to open a new thread or ask your question in the BDD Social Thread for a less formal answer.

However, as you're asking a valid question, I will let it open for now.

im good on shootin concerta....ill stick to the china white i make lulz jk, i don make china white, i wish

I didnt want to start a new thread but wanted to ask a q. Ive been shooting 20mg shots and though i feel high and i could see its similarity toiv coke i dont get the sound. If i hit 40mg is thw dose of mph still safe....i can tell that this drug is hard on my heart. Possibility its more cardiotoxic than coke?

I don't think it's worse than coke, I think you just notice the side effects more since there isn't much euphoria in doing this. You will never get a bellringer by the way from IV ritalin so if you're trying there is no point in continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.