• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

psychedelic slang / nicknames.

Not very original i know, but instead of saying DMT all the time, we just run all the sounds of the letters together and it's ----Doomt

mushrooms- fungus
LSD- L/doses
Cannabis- dank/honey/flowers/tickets. and i call going to smoke "booking a show"
focalin- DEXTIME
ecstasy- rolls/ little discs of happiness
coke- yipper/yips
amphetamines- quick (got that from my dad)

Crooked said:
Not very original i know, but instead of saying DMT all the time, we just run all the sounds of the letters together and it's ----Doomt

Where does the "oo" come from then? ;)

There are already FAR too many people who treat these compounds like toys. Cute slang will only serve to exacerbate that problem. Let's be grownups.

That's pretty much how I feel about it... slang just makes it easier for people to misunderstand what it is they're taking. Sure, some of us know, but the slang gets propagated to other people, to other social circles, and before long, someone gets sold some "sparkle" or something and has absolutely no idea what it really is. It's the same way that you can encounter people who think that acid, LSD, and microdots are all different drugs. Basically it creates a gray area where there really should not be one. Let's say that someone encounters something that their friend called "ethyl". Maybe it's 2C-E. But even if the person is a responsible drug user and goes online to try to research what this new drug is that they've found, they won't be able to find anything definitive because they won't know it's 2C-E.

I usually deal with the chemical name.

However...

LSD can be called LSD
DMT can be called DMT

and o on :D

well it seems the motivations for slang terms in this case are especially awkward, usually slang is used to hide the identity of something, or because the person just dosent know the actual name e.g. people in the 60s having no idea what DOM was so they called it STP, or the same with PCP being called angel dust or THC.

but we all know what the names of these chemicals are, so what is the point of taking a step back, and calling 2c-b nexus when we all know its called 2c-b.

I know this stance sounds mirthless and self-serious, but the amazing truth is awkward names are probably one of the best barriers RCs have against widespread use. it is this esoteric alphabet soup that turns off 95% of the population, we all know what happened with 5-meo-DiPT and that was just pure marketing magic. i have a hunch that DOB-dragonfly will have the same fate. so for the sake of the drugs and the community call them by their names.

DOC - Doctor
DMT - Dmitri
MDMA - Beans, Disco Biscuits
LSD - Lucy
Mushrooms - Boomers, Fun guys...ie (Are you with any Fun Guys right now?)...i know...shitty code right?

There was a thread on this a while back in one of the focus or drug discussion forums; let me see if I can find it.

I know this stance sounds mirthless and self-serious, but the amazing truth is awkward names are probably one of the best barriers RCs have against widespread use.

Very true, I also second what Xorkoth has said. However, for me, the slang is just what I use when I'm thinking to myself or talking to the (very) few of my friends who also use drugs. When I talk to my hookup, it's always: 'One 2C-E, please, thank you very much!' ;) =D

after reading a few of these responses, i think i understand the aversion to slang, & i completely respect your point. i do often see that people are afraid of drugs with "alphabet soup" monikers.

i do often see that people are afraid of drugs with "alphabet soup" monikers.

I hope it stays that way. I don't want to see the day when people at raves are buying random pills and then unknowingly consuming high doses of the 2C's. :\

MDMA - Gibbons, dingos, flips

If something is especially strong, it is said to "kill small children"
eg. "Hey man, how were those pills?"
"awesome, those things would kill small children"

Ketamine = Katherine

LSD hits = Pieces of Paper
LSD full sheets = Comic books.

2C-E = Eclipse.

Pcp = Wet.

Thats about it as far as the unsual stuff people get around here

Ia dunno, sland sort of degrades these terms....though I like refferring to DMT as elfspice. It expands conciousness and is vital to space travel.