• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction cotton fever cure

i have gotten this from a clean rig and clean cottons, but the spoon was not sterile. i think any bacteria introduced into your bod iv style is gonna gine you these symptoms.. i must have had spoon fever... anyhow two hours of hell was what it took me, with i had a bathtub

if it happens to me, and on occasion it does, i just take some paracetamol and it goes within twenty minutes and i ususally go to sleep. works every time.

At the hight of my IV heroin usage (i have stopped, thank the Gods!), I shot the contents of old cottons (usually only a day or two old) all the time and never once got 'the fever' I have a really robust immune system though.

At the hight of my IV heroin usage (i have stopped, thank the Gods!), I shot the contents of old cottons (usually only a day or two old) all the time and never once got 'the fever' I have a really robust immune system though.

I did a second filtering of some sludge left over from extracting the morphine out of some pills, I'm taking penicillin for a root canal I had earlier this week, and STILL got a very short-lived (2 hrs or so) case of "the fever".

What gives?

More proof of the need to use a micron filter and not cheap out ..?

i know i'm a bit late to reply to this, but LT, I've had cotton fever from a completely sterile solution as well as filter, needle etc etc. i do admit it wasn't a micron filter but everything was sterile.

though filtering out MOST of the bad stuff, micron filters don't get rid of every little bit of bacteria but the .02 ones will filter out just about every contaminent. so there still is that minute risk of cotton fever.

i'm not disagreeing with you, i highly recommend people use micron filters on every ocassion. unfortunately we don't live in that perfect world where we would have ampoule dispensers an all that jazz so we have to face the possibility of getting cotton fever.

Bathes with water at such a high temperature, are not very good for your testicles.

Me too saved all my previously used cotton-filters. Heroin & amphetamine filters and just threw them in snaps-glasses and reused them one last time.
Never got the "fever" that way, funny enough i have only gotten the "fever" when ive been using amphetamine (europe, street amphetamine).

And i have always been up for to many days when it strikes, probably im so dizzy and tweaked so i accidently forget to clean the glas, rig or new cotton properly OR accidently get some tobacco in the mixture.

Well its no fun thing - very bad headache, nausea, body pain and tremor that hits you pretty much after the initial rush of the amphetamine.
(Yes i know they are also symptoms you can get if you overdo a shot of amphetamine but in these cases they haven't been, you feel the difference)
You'r body is flickering and shaking from the speed and at the same time you get this damn "fever"... :!
As someone wrote i also take a tab of paracetamol, drink a lot of water and lie down for a while and 30-1h later its gone.

I have had same thing and it lasted a few hours. Intense headache tremors the lot. Didnt know what it was at the time. Thought I was gonna die!!!

i shot heroin for over a year on a daily basis up to 4 times a day. when i was sick and had no money or dope i would always do the saved cottons. luckily i never got cotton fever. although my friend got it once in the middle of a heatwave (it was like 95 degrees and you could cut the humidity with a knive). she was under about 3 blankets and shivering. i felt so bad for her. i dont know how long it lasted but she looked like death. i heard that cotton fever is caused when a tiny fiber from the cotton makes its way into the syringe, therefore entering the bloodstream and the "fever" is your body trying to expel it. i am not certain about that so dont quote me on it. hope you feel better

Jeeze I had to check if this was thread from I read from years ago.. Nope. Hope many ppl actually do this? Like id rather go panhandle to cop dope.

If you save the cottons and dry them out right..then nothing real wrong with that.

But looking through your old garbage is fucking desperate and gross.

Fuck, this cotton fever shit sounds horrible. Obviously I am not an IV user. The hot baths helped me with my last opiate withdrawal, it brings your core temperature up which has to be a good thing...
Ya I know nothing of this cotton fever. But in wd got baths work wonders. Its just to bad it only works well when you're still warm.

always keep some antibiotics around if you can. ive also heard swallowing pepper helps. just stuff an empty pill capsule full with it and take it. ???dont know, but it helped me last time i caught the fever

i know i'm a bit late to reply to this, but LT, I've had cotton fever from a completely sterile solution as well as filter, needle etc etc. i do admit it wasn't a micron filter but everything was sterile.

though filtering out MOST of the bad stuff, micron filters don't get rid of every little bit of bacteria but the .02 ones will filter out just about every contaminent. so there still is that minute risk of cotton fever.

i'm not disagreeing with you, i highly recommend people use micron filters on every ocassion. unfortunately we don't live in that perfect world where we would have ampoule dispensers an all that jazz so we have to face the possibility of getting cotton fever.

There are two forms of cotton fever. One is from particulate (cotton, a natural fiber (the immune system doesn't like living/once-living things coming inside its home)) getting in your veins, and the other is from bacteria. One also lasts longer than the other.

So yes, as LW has said, using a micron filter will not completely eliminate the odds of you getting cotton fever. You can still get it (the shorter lasting version) from bacteria, which despite being as clean as possible, can still happen. After all, the surroundings in which we are injecting our drugs are not sterile-rooms, so...

Never heard the explanation of Cotton Fever, but it makes a lot of sense. It has happened to me and some of my friends on a few occasions while IV'ing. We just passed it off as a dirty shot(fiber of cotton getting into the syringe). Had no idea it was that common or had a name for it.

Where can you get micron filters at?

No, probably not. A pharmacy would be your best chance, but typically micron filters are not sold OTC at pharmacies, but can be ordered online through a multitude of sites. It may be different in your area though, so hit up a CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid and check it out.

cotton fever hell

Oh my fucking god.....I hurt so goddamn bad. Like dope sickness times 10!!! I knew it wasn't dope sickness bc besides the fact that I'd had plent of dope, I'm on methadone as well....I'm such a dumbass. It's taken me like 5 hours to realize that this agony is cotton fever. The shot I did right before this hell was a cotton shot...All I wanted to do was sit in a scolding hot bath. Long story short, god hates me...I got home, and basically the hot water heater is on the fritz...I even tried boiling a huge pot of water and adding it to the luke warm tub water...I have a fever of 102.6, so it might be hot, but it feels luke warm to me....What can I do besdies that? I've taken tylenol and ibeprofen, and I'm still taking penicillin for a tooth ache and dope isn't even helping....Of course I'm muscling it....Can the doctor help? How long is this shit supposed to last??? I can't afford to miss work, but obviously can't go like this.....