• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction cotton fever cure

celebratefor20

Bluelighter
now this will only work if youre not livin on the skreets an shit, ya know? and your hot water heater must be in good working order.

ive had cotton fever like many many times during the days when i was so poor id go through trash bag after trash bag and find every last cotton, cap, and bag with bits of powder residue in it and shoot the crap out of it and more times than not get the shakes like a squirell who chewed through a power line. it was welfare.

however, i discovered if i hopped in the bathtub, with water JUST under the "literally BURN your skin" level, after about 5 or so minutes the shaking would subside. continue soaking, and as the water gets cold, let some out and refill with straight hot water. after ab 30-45 minutes, if you hop out and get in bed youll sleep and feel fine. HOT BATHS CURE COTTON FEVER. at least for me.

try it out. then holla.

I hate the fuck out of you.

I think its a good idea, in theory. Ive never tried it, but I cant imagine it not helping.

Nothing more to add, really. Its a good idea though, and Ill leave it open so others can see it.

haha that sucks sixpartseven because i lub u! :p

i think it works almost flawlessly. maybe a slight headache afterwards. i present it to the BL community because when you have cotton fever...its hard to thing of anything besides "FUCK FUCK FUCK"....try a steaming bath. ive done it shaking so hard that i could barely work the tub faucet but it cured me right up.

Cotton fever is probably the worst thing since AIDS. I hate it more than anything. I do everything I can to avoid it, so its been a loooooong time since Ive had it, but if it ever happens again, I will be sure to try this out.

I lub you too.

Fuck, this cotton fever shit sounds horrible. Obviously I am not an IV user. The hot baths helped me with my last opiate withdrawal, it brings your core temperature up which has to be a good thing...

i havent had cotton fever in a long time. draw your liquid in exteremely slowly, i'm talking snail pace. and dont cook your cotton.

and bro after like the second extraction(from large initial dosage shot) there is practically nothing there. you are wasting your time and damaging your health.

i know its disgusting. but for the one time an addict feels anything of a coton shot, that will be burned into their memory forever (compare to crackheads carpet-surfing...one time they actually find a visible chunk, theyll never quit.) the fact remains people will get the fever as nasty as the methods of getting it are, addiction will make you do desperate and completely welfare things.

Remember, its completely possible to get cotton fever without cooking used cottons.

Ive gotten cotton fever both ways before. One time it was a fresh cotton, one time it was used, and it sucks either way.

So, just because some has gotten cotton fever, does not mean they were using used cottons.

Personally, my cure has always been to do more dope. Probably not the best cure, and to be honest, it doesnt work that well, but it is what it is.

hes right. even to those very concious of sanitary practice, its a reality that may have to be dealt with at some point in time. im jus tryin to help! fact remains that addicts will do some gross things, it sucks ive been there.

Jesse Drake II said:
Fuck, this cotton fever shit sounds horrible. Obviously I am not an IV user. The hot baths helped me with my last opiate withdrawal, it brings your core temperature up which has to be a good thing...

you're definitely correct with hot baths helping withdrawal, when i'm in withdrawal i spend most of the time in my hot tub. it cures the chills and any hot flashes i get is masked by the steaming hot water i'm submerged in.

Im pretty sure I got cotton fever from an Oxy shot a few days ago. The cotton was clean, everything was sterile. I just ended up with a really bad headache. Is this cotton fever? Maybe it was a dirty shot but I cant see how that could've happened.

I know its not exactly harm reduction but my cure for it was more oxy, sily me but it helped.

more drugs will do the trick too. but when ya dont have em...or they dont...try it out. it really does work. and as the guy said above and i forgot to mention it does wonders for WD too :)

the_ketaman said:
Im pretty sure I got cotton fever from an Oxy shot a few days ago. The cotton was clean, everything was sterile. I just ended up with a really bad headache. Is this cotton fever? Maybe it was a dirty shot but I cant see how that could've happened.

I know its not exactly harm reduction but my cure for it was more oxy, sily me but it helped.

Was it a BANGIN headache that hit IMMEDIATELY after the shot? Like you just show up some 'headache causing juice' instead of heroin?

^^Yeah pretty much except it didnt hit right away, It came on slowly over about 20 minutes but the oxy kinda covered the pain up. Like I knew had a fucked up headache but I didnt care coz I was so high.

celebratefor20 said:
more drugs will do the trick too. but when ya dont have em...or they dont...try it out. it really does work. and as the guy said above and i forgot to mention it does wonders for WD too :)

Problem with that theory is, if the gear you're injecting is the cause of the reaction, injecting more is going to make it significantly worse.

Technically "Cotton fever" is caused by a specific bacteria that lives in cotton. But many people have these reactions without using cotton filters, so it's probably better to refer to this set of symptoms as a "dirty hit". It's essentially an intense reaction to something toxic entering your system.

This could be a bacteria from either your skin, the drugs, re-used injecting equipment or your water source. It could also be a reaction to a foreign body from something like a poorly filtered pill or something like dirt / dust / tobacco / hair getting into the mix.

Either way, the "just have another shot" theory can be pretty dangerous.

Be a little careful with a super hot bath because sometimes people with this reaction can get a high temperature and a hot bath could make it worse. If there's a fever, paracetamol can help. A lot of the time it's just bad chills and then I'd say the hot bath would feel great. Just keep the fluids up.

I know someone in the hospital right now with endocarditis from doing old cottons and shit.