• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction cotton fever cure

I'd recommend that you, and anyone thinking about this doesnt ever fucking do this shit. I'm sorry i dont mean to come off a dick, im just concerned for your safety. They fact of the matter is YOU HAVE A FEVER!!!!!!!! YOU DO NOT want to heat your body more. It would help with the chills and shakes but all your doing is raising your temp even more! Take an ibuprofen for the fever and if you want to sit in water make it luke warm. Just let it run its course. And for future reference you can boil your cotton, the cause of most cotton fever is a certain bacteria in it. In extreme cases it can lead to pneumonia or infection requiring the use of antibiotics.

I come to you as a 7 year IV heroin user,half gram to gram a day user,everyday straight for seven years.I have had cotton fever about 5 times and thats taking caution with every shot I have ever done...(some are just inevitable..only old cottons filtered so many times your just so desperate and you even know its gonna happen but theres a little chance of feeling well sort of shots)that we all know so well.But along with the experience is years of studying and research.Now as said above me I believe is smart advice if your core temp. is already high but can help if only done in short intervals.The body being that hot(even though it may feel just right and comfortable)is not good when your dealing with something that already has your temp. raised over a 100.Doing more dope can help with putting you to sleep but can also be fatal if your already really high but it does work but the fact of the matter is cotton fever is a bacterial infection in the blood that is caused by little fibers getting into your shot then into the blood stream from new or used cottons but more so old because the cotton is brittle,which is easier to crumble and you get my point.Down to buisness:Right when you feel it coming on,your head throbbing every couple minutes or "heavy"feeling,take a couple tylenol or ibuprofen...by the time it reaches peak point you will be well prepared and hopefully notice it helping,at least with the head.If you have any Benzos then duh,are you stupid?pop them anti anxiety/panic meds make EVERYTHING better...I think we all know that..I know we talked about the hot bath thing but for a safer solution,Blankets and lots of them also a few pairs of socks and a beanie,The more sweat the better,just like detox..cmon people its all the same purpose here...GET THAT FU@#%##! POISON OUT OF YOUR BODY/BLOOD/WHEREVER THE HELL IT IS!...but the number one thing you have to remember as said a million times in every post im sure.FLUIDS!!!drink lots of water,the key to life..W-A-T-E-R...It saves lives haha what your losing/sweating out of yourself you have to replace with...Goodness..if you will Nutrients,theres the word I wanted.Remember also to take Multivitamins daily and vitamin C,remember fevers are fought with your immune system,healthy body/strong immune system=easier to kick the heck out!Hope this helps you guys,I have more but long enough already,key things up there..GL GUYS!

..but the fact of the matter is cotton fever is a bacterial infection in the blood that is caused by little fibers getting into your shot then into the blood stream from new or used cottons but more so old because the cotton is brittle,which is easier to crumbleand you get my point...
Its not caused by fibers being put into your body, though. Its the bacteria that really cause the "cotton fever" sickness. If you used completely sterile gear, and used completely new qtips, you wouldn't get "cotton fever" from the 100% sterile qtips. If they had bacteria on them, then, YES; you could get cotton fever at that point.

I would avoid getting cotton fever by soaking all my cottons in some water then draining it and heating up/reducing the liquid on the stove. The heat may damage the product, but it kills all the bacteria. I would use 20-30 cottons at a time and wouldn't get the fever. Only when I wouldn't heat up the liquid would I get sick.

i dont know if what i ahve was cotton fever but i had all of those symtoms and i have to sit in the tub till it was out of hot water, then crawl in bed with layers and a heating pad..then unfortunately the hot flashes start, fever sweating cramps pain and headaches...would another shot help? or a xanax, amatriptaline, or triazapam?

I've only had it a few times....I've always thought of it as a "dirty shot" since I don't reuse cotton....but that's beside the point. Anyway, the only thing that helps me is crawling (there's no walking.....) into bed and sleeping it off. I can usually keep down a mg of klonopin - enough to knock me out. But I'd never dare do another shot - isn't that just adding more dope and bacteria? Or is my logic flawed on that one? Following up with a water shot in the same vein has never occurred to me either. Hmmmm.... Stupid dirty street drugs. :/

this worked!!!

now this will only work if youre not livin on the skreets an shit, ya know? and your hot water heater must be in good working order.

ive had cotton fever like many many times during the days when i was so poor id go through trash bag after trash bag and find every last cotton, cap, and bag with bits of powder residue in it and shoot the crap out of it and more times than not get the shakes like a squirell who chewed through a power line. it was welfare.

however, i discovered if i hopped in the bathtub, with water JUST under the "literally BURN your skin" level, after about 5 or so minutes the shaking would subside. continue soaking, and as the water gets cold, let some out and refill with straight hot water. after ab 30-45 minutes, if you hop out and get in bed youll sleep and feel fine. HOT BATHS CURE COTTON FEVER. at least for me.

try it out. then holla.

hey so my "stuffed animal dog" kodiak (poor thing) just had the worst cotton fever EVER!!! i mean its happened before but let me tell you shaaaaakingggg so bad she couldn't even type cure for cotton fever on the computer terrible. but first instinct was to jump in a hot bath and guess what it worked wonders. tells me that there is a slight headache but shakes are gone just feels a little off because of being so tense. so thankkk youuuuu saved kodiak from possible hours of miseryyyy

ps still not sure how it happened, everything is sterile no idea how. mystery remains oh well

Cure for cotton fever? To actualky make the sypmtoms go away is this: pepper! I just had the stary of cotton fever. Had it once before and i had to ride out the whole thing because i was puking but the cure that just worked well for me is as sson as you feel the headache amd the chills amd shakes start take a peice of bread and put a tablespoon on pepper in it. Roll up a ball like your parachuting something and get it in your tummy. I started to feel it go away within 10 mins. All your left with is a little headache and you kinda feel hungover. I heard this trick from a friend but the first time i tried it i puked the pepper balls up 2ce then gave up. This time it worked like a charm! Hope it helps anyone else who has to gp thru this hell!! :) my fever started about 1 1/2 ago and i feel perfectly great now, im so happy that i dont have to go thru a whole night of it. If anyone else finds this helps met me know! Ive only heard of 2 ppl trying it, myself included. Interested to know if it helps others :) good luck

swim has contton fever right now wtf ..glad i stumbled on this site...ima do more shit AND go sit in the tub..swim has never had cotton fever before ..dont wanna use anymore caz of this ,,,if do will pull slower and pay the fuck attention...thanks everyone for ur help.........6p7...damn guy that shit u said is horrible

Only time I got cotton fever was when I was using one of my old points to shoot MXE (might have reused a cotton for no good reason too, or one I had stored poorly). I was so confused and numb it hardly bothered me, I just put on like 3 layers of clothing to help with cold/shivering. So dissociatives work for treating it, sort of.

You shot random cottons you digged out of a trashbag?

dont act like you haven't been there ;)

but in all seriousness I'm not sure if an extremely hot bath is the best thing for a fever. maybe it tricks the body into thinking it's an outside force causing the fever, and therefor it lets its guard down, meaning less symptoms. this is a good thing if you want to feel better but a bad thing if you want to fight the infection.

do showers work?

Just glad it worked

I just got a nice case of the fever about an hour ago. I just did the remains of my dope from last night in the same cap with the same cotton. I split a half gram in two did half at around 10:45 then did a little more than half of what was left at 4:30 am then finished the bag at 9:30 am. So sometime between 4:30 and 9:30 the cotton got the bacteria. Unless I used a diff needle which maybe had it.

Anyways my experience wit the fever is I get massive convulsion like shaking and pain in my lower back and inner thigh. It has always passed in under an hour on its own. I always got when I least expected it. Either at work or a friends house so this is the first time I was able to try to cure it.

I took a nice hot bath and literally a minute later I stopped shaking. Now I am feeling ok, just a lil sweaty and a slight pressure in the front of my skull. Thanks OP for the suggestion. I was gonna try a shower before reading this thread.

HOT showers or baths do work AMAZING weather its withdrawal, cotton fever, or joint and or growing paine!! The heat of the hot water relax is your muscles & joints & gives you temporary relief, but I always run into the same problem. By the time I get out, dried off, dressed & climbed into bed the pains back, not as bad as before but still bad enough to keep me awake. For me that's the worst part of any of it, withdrawing, cotton fever, even growing pains as a kid the leg Paine keeps me awake and tossing and turning all night. To me there's nothing worse. But I found that taking a heating pack to bed with me "I use the rice packs u just throw in the microwave for however long u choose depending on how hot u want it" take one or a few of those stick them under the blankets with u and it's just as releiving as a HOT bath or shower without getting wet. Puts me right to sleep. And I sleep through the night like a baby!!! I was so happy when I was introduced to that. My grandmother kept telling me to try it that it would help and I never would. I kept telling myself that "she didn't understand why I was hurting so bad and that would never help with withdrawal pains, but then one night she just put them under my blankets and I have never been up tossing and turning sense

Taking a hot shower only relives the Paine and aching, also it helps with the hot and cold shivers. But the extreme heat relaxes the muscles and joints and givs temporary relief. Helping most people to at least fall asleep or bare it a Lil longer

For me personally, from experience, there are a few things that can aleviate or shorten the worst of it.

The most effective is IV'ing an opioid, but if none is available or something means that's not an option, this is what works for me:

1. When the first symptoms are felt, take some form of NSAID, like ibuprofen (advil in the US i think).
2. Take a benzo if any are available
3. Take a pint sized glass of water and mix in 2 tablespoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of salt (tastes foul) and drink it.
4. When joint pains and freezing starts jump in the shower/bath, HOT!
5. For some an antihistamine, preferably a sedating one, also works

These things have helped me to considerably lessen and shorten cotton fevers many times for me and others who've tried them.
Also, i'd like to warn people not to take stimulants in any

it's been my experience that "cotton Fever" should be referred to as a dirty hit, we call it the "dirties" and it sucks big time. It does seem to be related to bacteria rather than just the cottons based on my experience. The hot bath has proven by far to be the best remedy for me but i have found one other means. If you are lucky enough to be in a hot region of the world in the summer when this evil takes grasp, i have found that you can get into a car with the windows rolled up or even just outside if it is hot enough. By this I would assume that just getting your body temp up helps resolve the shakes and shivers. I once even accomplished this while camping using the fire and one of those emergency thermo sheets that are made of a foil type material. wrapping it behind me and letting the fires heat build solved the issue too which was a god send since i was in the woods with no hot water. I do occasionally have another symptom or two that comes along with the shivers. Sometimes i have back spasms that feel like an electric shock in the spine and sometimes my back and hip with get in a position where they almost seem to pop out of their normal place and cause extreme pain. i haven't felt these in quite some time though and they seemed to be related to IR phine and kadiens. Has anyone else experienced these additional symptoms? i have found no good way to address them other than refusing to shiver. in any case, your entire body often hurts afterwards from the constant tensing of the body so beware. I hope to never experience this again each time it happens but i just stepped out of a hot bath for these same reasons. guess I'll never learn. It's never associated with any dirty supply or equipment or even secondary hits so it must be a bacteria sometimes found in the water, skin, or other places. Good luck to you all. It's hard to get around with this monkey on my back. AK

After a dirty shot giving "cotton fever" try a shot filtered with polyester. Lol im so joking i apologize.
I know it's no laughing matter, seen people have it.
Luckily i beat the needle and opiates for the most part years ago and through a decade of IVing dope filtered through cotton, never once got cotton fever.

-HOOD

PS sorry if n e 1 got offended by my "joke" i know it wasn't that funny, i just had to blurt it out.

Cotton fever is not caused by "foreign" bacteria or a contaminated cotton. The bacteria that that causes the issue is actually part OF the cotton, the bacteria grows into the cotton as the cotton is growing. So a sterile piece of cotton right out of a sealed sterile pouch can give you cotton fever. Straining through a cotton the dope mix can get contaminated with the bacteria without any cotton fibers getting in there, but thats not common. BUT having a fiber go in is 10 times worse because it has much more of the bacteria in it. The only way to help avoid it happening is to boil the COTTON before using it and only use it ONCE. That usually will kill the bacteria but its no guaranty.
The fever is your body trying to kill the bacteria that just entered your system and you need to let it run its course as long as your fever doesnt go to high. If you cool yourself off right away you're not letting your body get rid of the bacteria and it will take longer to get rid of it and cause your body to work harder. If your body is trying to burn out something with a fever and you're standing in a cold shower your trying to break the fever, the body is working twice as hard to over come you trying to cool it down and it can cause you to have an even higher fever. Regardless of what you do, Your body is going to continue to fight the bacteria until its gone or down to a manageable level that the body can handle without the fever. You only want to cool down if your fever gets to high. Anything under 104 is ok. Just drink plenty of water.
The reason you may feel cold when you have it is because your bodys internal temp is really high without exerting physical energy. you sweat and the outside of your body gets cold because sweat comes out of your body differently when having a fever it will come out all over, when using physical energy its more localized to specific parts of your body that need to stay and an even temp, mainly your brain and it just cools the parts that need to be cooled.