Bluelight

Thread: cotton fever cure

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LightTrailz View Post
    More proof of the need to use a micron filter and not cheap out ..?
    i know i'm a bit late to reply to this, but LT, I've had cotton fever from a completely sterile solution as well as filter, needle etc etc. i do admit it wasn't a micron filter but everything was sterile.

though filtering out MOST of the bad stuff, micron filters don't get rid of every little bit of bacteria but the .02 ones will filter out just about every contaminent. so there still is that minute risk of cotton fever.

i'm not disagreeing with you, i highly recommend people use micron filters on every ocassion. unfortunately we don't live in that perfect world where we would have ampoule dispensers an all that jazz so we have to face the possibility of getting cotton fever.

2. Collapse Details

Bathes with water at such a high temperature, are not very good for your testicles.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    At the hight of my IV heroin usage (i have stopped, thank the Gods!), I shot the contents of old cottons (usually only a day or two old) all the time and never once got 'the fever' I have a really robust immune system though.
    Me too saved all my previously used cotton-filters. Heroin & amphetamine filters and just threw them in snaps-glasses and reused them one last time.
    Never got the "fever" that way, funny enough i have only gotten the "fever" when ive been using amphetamine (europe, street amphetamine).

And i have always been up for to many days when it strikes, probably im so dizzy and tweaked so i accidently forget to clean the glas, rig or new cotton properly OR accidently get some tobacco in the mixture.

Well its no fun thing - very bad headache, nausea, body pain and tremor that hits you pretty much after the initial rush of the amphetamine.
    (Yes i know they are also symptoms you can get if you overdo a shot of amphetamine but in these cases they haven't been, you feel the difference)
    You'r body is flickering and shaking from the speed and at the same time you get this damn "fever"...
    As someone wrote i also take a tab of paracetamol, drink a lot of water and lie down for a while and 30-1h later its gone.

4. Collapse Details

I have had same thing and it lasted a few hours. Intense headache tremors the lot. Didnt know what it was at the time. Thought I was gonna die!!!

5. Collapse Details

i shot heroin for over a year on a daily basis up to 4 times a day. when i was sick and had no money or dope i would always do the saved cottons. luckily i never got cotton fever. although my friend got it once in the middle of a heatwave (it was like 95 degrees and you could cut the humidity with a knive). she was under about 3 blankets and shivering. i felt so bad for her. i dont know how long it lasted but she looked like death. i heard that cotton fever is caused when a tiny fiber from the cotton makes its way into the syringe, therefore entering the bloodstream and the "fever" is your body trying to expel it. i am not certain about that so dont quote me on it. hope you feel better

6. Collapse Details

Jeeze I had to check if this was thread from I read from years ago.. Nope. Hope many ppl actually do this? Like id rather go panhandle to cop dope.

If you save the cottons and dry them out right..then nothing real wrong with that.

But looking through your old garbage is fucking desperate and gross.

7. Collapse Details

explain cotton fever...

8. Collapse Details

North & South American Social & Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake II View Post
    Fuck, this cotton fever shit sounds horrible. Obviously I am not an IV user. The hot baths helped me with my last opiate withdrawal, it brings your core temperature up which has to be a good thing...
    Ya I know nothing of this cotton fever. But in wd got baths work wonders. Its just to bad it only works well when you're still warm.

9. Collapse Details

always keep some antibiotics around if you can. ive also heard swallowing pepper helps. just stuff an empty pill capsule full with it and take it. ???dont know, but it helped me last time i caught the fever

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
    i know i'm a bit late to reply to this, but LT, I've had cotton fever from a completely sterile solution as well as filter, needle etc etc. i do admit it wasn't a micron filter but everything was sterile.

though filtering out MOST of the bad stuff, micron filters don't get rid of every little bit of bacteria but the .02 ones will filter out just about every contaminent. so there still is that minute risk of cotton fever.

i'm not disagreeing with you, i highly recommend people use micron filters on every ocassion. unfortunately we don't live in that perfect world where we would have ampoule dispensers an all that jazz so we have to face the possibility of getting cotton fever.
    There are two forms of cotton fever. One is from particulate (cotton, a natural fiber (the immune system doesn't like living/once-living things coming inside its home)) getting in your veins, and the other is from bacteria. One also lasts longer than the other.

So yes, as LW has said, using a micron filter will not completely eliminate the odds of you getting cotton fever. You can still get it (the shorter lasting version) from bacteria, which despite being as clean as possible, can still happen. After all, the surroundings in which we are injecting our drugs are not sterile-rooms, so...

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Never heard the explanation of Cotton Fever, but it makes a lot of sense. It has happened to me and some of my friends on a few occasions while IV'ing. We just passed it off as a dirty shot(fiber of cotton getting into the syringe). Had no idea it was that common or had a name for it.

Where can you get micron filters at?

12. Collapse Details

^ Google.

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I was hoping for something like WalMart, Lowe's, or CVS?

14. Collapse Details

No, probably not. A pharmacy would be your best chance, but typically micron filters are not sold OTC at pharmacies, but can be ordered online through a multitude of sites. It may be different in your area though, so hit up a CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid and check it out.

15. Collapse Details
    cotton fever hell 
    Needle
    Oh my fucking god.....I hurt so goddamn bad. Like dope sickness times 10!!! I knew it wasn't dope sickness bc besides the fact that I'd had plent of dope, I'm on methadone as well....I'm such a dumbass. It's taken me like 5 hours to realize that this agony is cotton fever. The shot I did right before this hell was a cotton shot...All I wanted to do was sit in a scolding hot bath. Long story short, god hates me...I got home, and basically the hot water heater is on the fritz...I even tried boiling a huge pot of water and adding it to the luke warm tub water...I have a fever of 102.6, so it might be hot, but it feels luke warm to me....What can I do besdies that? I've taken tylenol and ibeprofen, and I'm still taking penicillin for a tooth ache and dope isn't even helping....Of course I'm muscling it....Can the doctor help? How long is this shit supposed to last??? I can't afford to miss work, but obviously can't go like this.....

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by edarrin View Post
    I know someone in the hospital right now with endocarditis from doing old cottons and shit.
    i have had cotton fever several times. it is by far the scariest and most painful experience ever. In fact it kinda ruined bangin dope for me because it is literally the most painful thing ive ever had to go through and ended up giving me a heartattach. Shooting dope does cause endocarditis and its no joke trust and believe

question tho...
    EVERY time ive had cotton fever ive thrown up over and over and over again. And the headache that i experienced literally felt like the top of my head was breaking open. I dont know if every time was cotton fever. Because some of the symptoms just dont match up.

I know when the fever is coming on because about 10 to 15 mins after the shot i start feeling really really stiff...then my hands and feet tingle very bad and then i shake uncontrollably...and then comes the headache from hell and the non stop puking.

I think that maybe some of the times that i thought i had cotton fever, the dope was just bad because one time my face swelled up and i had a seizure...so that cant be cotton fever can it?

17. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightTrailz View Post
    More proof of the need to use a micron filter and not cheap out ..?
    Well said.

18. Collapse Details

Avoid anything hot on opiates. I was using towels soaked in hot water over my arms to seed up the healing process for some bruises and kept reheating the towels with very hot water and I ended up burning my arm and getting some nasty blisters since I didn't feel the pain and it just felt warm. My arms looked way worse and I still have a mark there and this was 2 months ago. Don't jump in a scolding hot bath on dope you don't want to get burns all over your body.

19. Collapse Details

1 cotton fever tip - DON'T RE USE OLD COTTONS/FILTERS - It's mostly a placebo anyway!

I had cotton fever BAD one time. My girlfriend called the ambulance, I was shaking so hard and so cold it was scary!

20. Collapse Details

cotton fever sucks

21. Collapse Details

Tylenol is the cure. Specially if you take 300-500mg 5 minutes before the shot.

22. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    i tried this once and it didn't help, and then another time it did...i don't know what made it work and what didn't. i know you gotta sweat shit out'v your bloodstream when you're dopesick, but i really have no idea why it works or doesn't with the cotton fever

23. Collapse Details

the shower method didnt work for me. watch out for dust the tiniest piece can cause shakes

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Actually I have found the best way to get rid of the fever is just shoot some water. Or more drugs, thats more fun. But just clean water in a clean rig works. I have gotten the fever hundreds of times for many stupid reasons and having had it so many times can feel it starting in about 10-15 mins I start getting those chills and go straight for some clean gear and water and 10 mins later its gone. Not sure if it makes a difference or not but I always go to the same vein that I shot to get the fever

25. Collapse Details

I usually get from old cotton. Sometimes just cuz after new clean shot.
    Prob had like 15 times and after the 3rd time got my cure down perfect.
    Soon as I feel the stiffness and cold start I pop a few 30mg mscontin and maybe 2mg of clonazepam and get into a hot shower as fast as I can. I put the drain stopper in so it turns to a hot bath after 3 min or so. Just can't wait for tub to fill alone. And then lay in tub and let some of the water drain as I refill tub with HOT water bout half way and usualy end up sleep in 8-12 inches of water for a half HOUR or so. Then I get out and dry off and go lay in a nice cool bed to bring fever down and a motrin too. Usualy fever peaks around 104ISH. And by time I'm cooling down I feel fine. And if I can I nap.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast