• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oral methadone to iv methadone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatass

Bluelighter
sometimes when i open my little vial of methadone there a few salty like things around the edge of the vial, that taste quite like the 'done mixture but slightly more chemical....

-is there a way (without any crazy lab things necessary) to change my methadone liquid(too thick to shoot, into pure methadone which i could then mix with water and shoot?

thx

what are the inactive ingredients?

I imagine ifyou got a glass dish and set it out with a fan blowing it, it would dry off and you'd be left with like a pasty type gunk stuff (depending on inactive ingredients).

why do you want to do this though? Can't you just orally dose the methadone liquid? You can snort liquid too.

Snorting liquid oxycodone is REALLY nice.

phatass said:
sometimes when i open my little vial of methadone there a few salty like things around the edge of the vial, that taste quite like the 'done mixture but slightly more chemical....

-is there a way (without any crazy lab things necessary) to change my methadone liquid(too thick to shoot, into pure methadone which i could then mix with water and shoot?

thx

I would expect that oral methadone has been formulated so as to stop people from turning it into an injectable form. so in short the answer is no.

its inactive ingredients are glycerol (a thickening agent, that contains 20%water, and is also a laxative when plugged), sucrose (sugar) and alcohol 1,8%... , all this + 60mg of methadone chlorhydrate in 15ml container

p.s. how do you sniff liquid?

Formulations vary, but yes, generally there is an additive to discourage IV usage (pain at the injection site etc). There is no particularly quick or easy way to isolate the methadone.

Also, in this case, intranasal administration is pointless, considering the high bioavailability of methadone and relatively low concentration of the liquid....

I don't believe there's anything special added to methadone to cause pain at the injection site. The stuff burns on it's own. Though I imagine most additives would increase pain.

There's always someone to cite the high bioavailability, which is simply nonsense. The increased euphoria from intranasal and IV use has little to do with increased bioavailability.

It has to do with speed of onset.

There are plenty of reports citing the vastly more euphoric effect of IV methadone. There was one in OD a month or so ago, actually.

By now I'd expect that people would realize the bioavailability comments are simply red herrings and not insist on repeating them over and over again.

You're right about IV methadone being far more euphoric; i am fully aware of the differences between oral and IV methadone, having dealt with both plenty of times. But I think that, in this case, the bioavailability point is valid; the oral route is quite "effective" (yes, vague), and it does not justify one going to extreme of banging the oral solution. No, there will be no "rush" from the oral route, but at the low concentrations of oral methadone solution (highest is usually 10mg/ml) and its very high viscosity/huge amount of inactives I simply don't see the point...

Also in regards to intranasal admin, yes i would imagine the route would be highly effective, and would reach peak plasma a number of times faster than the oral route. But the point was, at 4mg/ml (the shit the OP has) are you really going to snort a number of ml's of that thick nasty syrup, especially with any kind of tolerance?

Bottom line: there is no particularly easy way to isolate the methadone...

Well, back in my own criminal stupidity days I actually shot that nasty red shit, but it did nothing for me. I felt nothing from it and yes, it does burn like a mother if you just slightly miss a vein in any way, shape or form. It isn't to thick, or at least mine wasn't, but then again it might have had water already added at the clinic. I think anyone who wants to shoot methadone has a needle fixation like I did myself all those years ago. I wasn't really ready to quit back then, but I still went to clinics while fooling myself into believing I was ready to put dope behind me.
I would suggest that you closely examine the reasons for wanting to shoot methadone or for wanting to shoot anything. Do you really think you're ready to live a drug free lifestyle? It's no big deal if you aren't, but you have to be aware of the consequences and the potential dangers involved in anything you do. Actually it IS a big deal, but I'm not going to debate here whether it is or not. I still drink the red bottle every day, but there is no way I would put it in a rig and bang it now..NO WAY man..

fuck it, doesn't sound like a worthwhile experience... and yes i changed from bupe to done cause i was shooting my bupe (this was my decision), but i still shot promethanazine hydroxyzine, loprazolam when i can get it... i still love the register, and the immediate feeling....

thx for the input... stopped me doin sumn stupid...thx

Also in regards to intranasal admin, yes i would imagine the route would be highly effective, and would reach peak plasma a number of times faster than the oral route. But the point was, at 4mg/ml (the shit the OP has) are you really going to snort a number of ml's of that thick nasty syrup, especially with any kind of tolerance?

The big problem with intranasal administration is the horrible pray-to-god-for-mercy sort of pain it induces. It's almost aneasthetic in a way, though I suppose it shares more in common with the horrible pain-aneasthesia of capsaicin.

I'll never forget the time I decided to chew / administer sublingually my daily dose of methadone. Weird feeling. Sort o painful, but really wierd.

I was going to start a thread but here is one about shooting the red oral liquid meth as i get it at my clinic because for some reason i always wanted to shoot my dope when i was a dope head.. and i only did twice so starring at this needle i have i wanna shoot something so BAD i was just wondering about the methadone.. also how do you snort liquid LOL that a joke? I guess Valium cannot be shot either..
Also does anyone know if Buspar or Lamictal can add to the potency of methadone?.. my dr has me on those as well as Valium and the Valium i am so immune to it doesn't make my methadone any stronger....

Rectal administration decreases absortion time to around half. That should make it more euphoric.
But i tried IVed methadone and its a lot more powerful when IVed, like 100% more.. And medical books say the IVed dose is half the oral dose.
I think methadone tends to enter every cell of your body, and that why it takes so long to peak, cause it is released slowly from that cells..
so when your mainlining it it goes more into the brain in a first pass (imediatly).

DCBAe said:
Rectal administration decreases absortion time to around half. That should make it more euphoric.
But i tried IVed methadone and its a lot more powerful when IVed, like 100% more.. And medical books say the IVed dose is half the oral dose.
I think methadone tends to enter every cell of your body, and that why it takes so long to peak, cause it is released slowly from that cells..
so when your mainlining it it goes more into the brain in a first pass (imediatly).
RECTAL ADMINISTRATION no thanks.. I didnt know if i could bang my oral methadone or not.. i know it will jam up the syringe good though with all that sugar n shiat.

oral to iv

ive been using a 3cc syringe with a 1 inch 25 guage tip it gives me the rush but how bad is this for me??? im on 120 and i get 4 shots so its 30 millgrams

How about A/B extraction?

Don't inject oral solutions though.

I would expect that oral methadone has been formulated so as to stop people from turning it into an injectable form. so in short the answer is no.

Doesn't stop everyone - there's some truth to needle fixation - however I don't recommend it - shooting 200mls @ 1mg/ml used to leave me with a headache & to be honest no discernible increase in subjective effect except it came on marginally faster - a foolish & pointless practice.

Who the fuck injects 200mls in one go???

I've seen people use 20ml syringes for methadone injections... but 200ml is fucking crazy.

there is an additive to discourage IV usage (pain at the injection site etc).

Chloroform water (water saturated with dissolved chloroform). Prevents IV/IM use by stinging like buggery. Even irritates the bowel if administered rectally, though this is much less unpleasant than injecting it

A friend of mine went to the farm supply store (I live in Indiana) and got this like livestock syringe, probably 200ml like the one guy said. My friend says it's great to shoot, but the dude is kind of ate up and has a bunch of abscesses on his arms.:X:eek:8o

Status
Not open for further replies.