Bluelight

Thread: oral methadone to iv methadone...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    oral methadone to iv methadone... 
    A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    Needle
    sometimes when i open my little vial of methadone there a few salty like things around the edge of the vial, that taste quite like the 'done mixture but slightly more chemical....

-is there a way (without any crazy lab things necessary) to change my methadone liquid(too thick to shoot, into pure methadone which i could then mix with water and shoot?

thx

2. Collapse Details

what are the inactive ingredients?

I imagine ifyou got a glass dish and set it out with a fan blowing it, it would dry off and you'd be left with like a pasty type gunk stuff (depending on inactive ingredients).

why do you want to do this though? Can't you just orally dose the methadone liquid? You can snort liquid too.

Snorting liquid oxycodone is REALLY nice.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phatass
    sometimes when i open my little vial of methadone there a few salty like things around the edge of the vial, that taste quite like the 'done mixture but slightly more chemical....

-is there a way (without any crazy lab things necessary) to change my methadone liquid(too thick to shoot, into pure methadone which i could then mix with water and shoot?

thx
    I would expect that oral methadone has been formulated so as to stop people from turning it into an injectable form. so in short the answer is no.

4. Collapse Details

its inactive ingredients are glycerol (a thickening agent, that contains 20%water, and is also a laxative when plugged), sucrose (sugar) and alcohol 1,8%... , all this + 60mg of methadone chlorhydrate in 15ml container

p.s. how do you sniff liquid?

5. Collapse Details

Formulations vary, but yes, generally there is an additive to discourage IV usage (pain at the injection site etc). There is no particularly quick or easy way to isolate the methadone.

Also, in this case, intranasal administration is pointless, considering the high bioavailability of methadone and relatively low concentration of the liquid....

6. Collapse Details

I don't believe there's anything special added to methadone to cause pain at the injection site. The stuff burns on it's own. Though I imagine most additives would increase pain.

There's always someone to cite the high bioavailability, which is simply nonsense. The increased euphoria from intranasal and IV use has little to do with increased bioavailability.

It has to do with speed of onset.

There are plenty of reports citing the vastly more euphoric effect of IV methadone. There was one in OD a month or so ago, actually.

By now I'd expect that people would realize the bioavailability comments are simply red herrings and not insist on repeating them over and over again.

7. Collapse Details

You're right about IV methadone being far more euphoric; i am fully aware of the differences between oral and IV methadone, having dealt with both plenty of times. But I think that, in this case, the bioavailability point is valid; the oral route is quite "effective" (yes, vague), and it does not justify one going to extreme of banging the oral solution. No, there will be no "rush" from the oral route, but at the low concentrations of oral methadone solution (highest is usually 10mg/ml) and its very high viscosity/huge amount of inactives I simply don't see the point...

Also in regards to intranasal admin, yes i would imagine the route would be highly effective, and would reach peak plasma a number of times faster than the oral route. But the point was, at 4mg/ml (the shit the OP has) are you really going to snort a number of ml's of that thick nasty syrup, especially with any kind of tolerance?

Bottom line: there is no particularly easy way to isolate the methadone...

8. Collapse Details

Well, back in my own criminal stupidity days I actually shot that nasty red shit, but it did nothing for me. I felt nothing from it and yes, it does burn like a mother if you just slightly miss a vein in any way, shape or form. It isn't to thick, or at least mine wasn't, but then again it might have had water already added at the clinic. I think anyone who wants to shoot methadone has a needle fixation like I did myself all those years ago. I wasn't really ready to quit back then, but I still went to clinics while fooling myself into believing I was ready to put dope behind me.
    I would suggest that you closely examine the reasons for wanting to shoot methadone or for wanting to shoot anything. Do you really think you're ready to live a drug free lifestyle? It's no big deal if you aren't, but you have to be aware of the consequences and the potential dangers involved in anything you do. Actually it IS a big deal, but I'm not going to debate here whether it is or not. I still drink the red bottle every day, but there is no way I would put it in a rig and bang it now..NO WAY man..

9. Collapse Details

fuck it, doesn't sound like a worthwhile experience... and yes i changed from bupe to done cause i was shooting my bupe (this was my decision), but i still shot promethanazine hydroxyzine, loprazolam when i can get it... i still love the register, and the immediate feeling....

thx for the input... stopped me doin sumn stupid...thx

10. Collapse Details

Also in regards to intranasal admin, yes i would imagine the route would be highly effective, and would reach peak plasma a number of times faster than the oral route. But the point was, at 4mg/ml (the shit the OP has) are you really going to snort a number of ml's of that thick nasty syrup, especially with any kind of tolerance?
    The big problem with intranasal administration is the horrible pray-to-god-for-mercy sort of pain it induces. It's almost aneasthetic in a way, though I suppose it shares more in common with the horrible pain-aneasthesia of capsaicin.

I'll never forget the time I decided to chew / administer sublingually my daily dose of methadone. Weird feeling. Sort o painful, but really wierd.

11. Collapse Details

I was going to start a thread but here is one about shooting the red oral liquid meth as i get it at my clinic because for some reason i always wanted to shoot my dope when i was a dope head.. and i only did twice so starring at this needle i have i wanna shoot something so BAD i was just wondering about the methadone.. also how do you snort liquid LOL that a joke? I guess Valium cannot be shot either..
    Also does anyone know if Buspar or Lamictal can add to the potency of methadone?.. my dr has me on those as well as Valium and the Valium i am so immune to it doesn't make my methadone any stronger....

12. Collapse Details

Where benzos are easy as hell obtained! Codeine and tramadol 2!
    Rectal administration decreases absortion time to around half. That should make it more euphoric.
    But i tried IVed methadone and its a lot more powerful when IVed, like 100% more.. And medical books say the IVed dose is half the oral dose.
    I think methadone tends to enter every cell of your body, and that why it takes so long to peak, cause it is released slowly from that cells..
    so when your mainlining it it goes more into the brain in a first pass (imediatly).

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DCBAe
    Rectal administration decreases absortion time to around half. That should make it more euphoric.
    But i tried IVed methadone and its a lot more powerful when IVed, like 100% more.. And medical books say the IVed dose is half the oral dose.
    I think methadone tends to enter every cell of your body, and that why it takes so long to peak, cause it is released slowly from that cells..
    so when your mainlining it it goes more into the brain in a first pass (imediatly).
    RECTAL ADMINISTRATION no thanks.. I didnt know if i could bang my oral methadone or not.. i know it will jam up the syringe good though with all that sugar n shiat.

14. Collapse Details
    oral to iv 
    ive been using a 3cc syringe with a 1 inch 25 guage tip it gives me the rush but how bad is this for me??? im on 120 and i get 4 shots so its 30 millgrams

15. Collapse Details

How about A/B extraction?

Don't inject oral solutions though.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by vecktor View Post
    I would expect that oral methadone has been formulated so as to stop people from turning it into an injectable form. so in short the answer is no.
    Doesn't stop everyone - there's some truth to needle fixation - however I don't recommend it - shooting 200mls @ 1mg/ml used to leave me with a headache & to be honest no discernible increase in subjective effect except it came on marginally faster - a foolish & pointless practice.

17. Collapse Details

Who the fuck injects 200mls in one go???

I've seen people use 20ml syringes for methadone injections... but 200ml is fucking crazy.

18. Collapse Details

there is an additive to discourage IV usage (pain at the injection site etc).
    Chloroform water (water saturated with dissolved chloroform). Prevents IV/IM use by stinging like buggery. Even irritates the bowel if administered rectally, though this is much less unpleasant than injecting it

19. Collapse Details

Needle
    A friend of mine went to the farm supply store (I live in Indiana) and got this like livestock syringe, probably 200ml like the one guy said. My friend says it's great to shoot, but the dude is kind of ate up and has a bunch of abscesses on his arms.

20. Collapse Details

My friend says it's great to shoot

How can I put this? Your friend is a knacker of the highest order (and probably has lots of blown out veins)

21. Collapse Details
    Little off topic but good as place as anywhere to post this 
    Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by phatass View Post

thx
    They are insanely careful with methadone here, you have to go in to the actual methadone clinic and take a piss test every morning with a girl standing there looking at your lovestick (shes happens to be beautiful which makes it all that more ackward, plus anyone who has been on methadone will know how hard it is to piss even without stage fright)

Then you are handed your methadone juice (They mix it with some kind of citrus juice, id say orange juice but it tastes damn good and is sweet as hell some kinda fake concentrate shit, no clue what it is) you have to drink it directly in front of them.

Finally after 2 months of pissing clean (no other opiates in your system), if you mess up once your 2 months starts over, You go in every week to do the regular piss test (once a week rather than daily) you must bring a box that has a lock and key. They give you a weeks supply of the premixed juice in bottles that look like cough syrup bottles.

It was way too much of a hassle I ended up kicking the habit cold turkey and got hospitalized.

A little off topic but I thought I would share how ridiculous the methadone clinic is here.. Oh, and did I mention if you don't make it to the clinic before 11am you don't get your drink for the day and if you miss 3 days you get kicked from the program?...

22. Collapse Details
    hmm 
    Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by fastandbulbous View Post
    Chloroform water (water saturated with dissolved chloroform). Prevents IV/IM use by stinging like buggery. Even irritates the bowel if administered rectally, though this is much less unpleasant than injecting it

Does it only sting if you miss the vein? I thought there was no nerves in a vein. I typically add absorbic acid (vitamin c) to hard to dissolve substances and I know if I miss the vein with it in the solution it BURNS like hell, but if I hit the vein I can't feel it at all.

The only pill form methadone I've seen had an additive to make it gel up to prevent IV.

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotch_C^ View Post
    I was going to start a thread but here is one about shooting the red oral liquid meth as i get it at my clinic because for some reason i always wanted to shoot my dope when i was a dope head.. and i only did twice so starring at this needle i have i wanna shoot something so BAD i was just wondering about the methadone.. also how do you snort liquid LOL that a joke? I guess Valium cannot be shot either..
    Also does anyone know if Buspar or Lamictal can add to the potency of methadone?.. my dr has me on those as well as Valium and the Valium i am so immune to it doesn't make my methadone any stronger....
    Valium / Diazepam is not water soluble unless specially formulated as an IV solution (Lab Diazepam Ampoules) whatever forumla diazepam and most benzos are in pill form are not water soluble which is why it is a terrible idea to snort them, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that can be crushed and IV'd is lorazepam / ativan

As far as people shooting up oral liquids with all kinds of crazy additives you guys are crazy and are lucky to be alive. Man be careful what you put in your veins some things will solidify and clause clogging, etc.

p.s. sorry for the tripple posts I just didn't want to post one super long article

and seriously guys don't shoot up oral prepared liquids they have all kinds of nasty stuff that can and will damage your veins and could even kill you.

24. Collapse Details

So, is there any reason why one could not perform an A/B extraction on oral methadone solutions?

Is methadone freebase soluble in the common NP solvents? DCM? Naphta? Xylene, toluene? Heptane?

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Who the fuck injects 200mls in one go???

I've seen people use 20ml syringes for methadone injections... but 200ml is fucking crazy.

Idiots who line up 10 - 20ml barrels and remove each one after it's fully discharged & fit another to the needle in situ - bad days dread - bad days.

and seriously guys don't shoot up oral prepared liquids they have all kinds of nasty stuff that can and will damage your veins and could even kill you.

QFT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast