• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cold water extraction on codeine

dan0125

Bluelighter
I have about 450 8mg codeine/500mg APAP pills and I'm going to try my first cold water extraction. I've been reading over at www.coldwaterworld.com but I have a couple questions. On the Extraction page it says "Dissolve the crushed pills in the water; stir or shake till all the clumps are gone. Pour into the bottom of a small bowl, cover, and put it in the freezer. Let it get really cold, but not so cold it freezes (some binders seem to get really swollen if they freeze). This shouldn't take that long, since it's shallow. You will see the APAP actually crystallize out and you will be able to feel it as grit when you stick your finger into the liquid above the sludge and then rub your fingers. (But even if it doesn't do that, it works anyhow! Read the info about how it works to see why.) Take the liquid out of the fridge."
To anyone who has done this before, how long is appropriate to leave the mixture in the freezer? I don't want to leave it in too long, so I was wondering if a minute is plenty, or 5 mins would be optimal?
[ 07 January 2002: Message edited by: dan0125 ]

Also, on that page, it says you can use an old dress shirt as a filter. I think I'll go for a coffee filter instead the more I think about it.......
[ 07 January 2002: Message edited by: dan0125 ]

Let it get really cold, but not so cold it freezes
^^Not flaming at all but that is really easy to understand. The amount of time you leave it in the freezer depends on a few things: How cold is the water to ebgin with? How much water are you using? I dont really know how to explain in a way that's easier to understand. Stick it in the freezer. Keep in eye on it. Pull it out before it freezes.
If you start with ice cold water to begin with you shouldnt even have to stick it in the freezer.

Hmm, perhaps the cold water from my Poland Springs cooler will be cold enough then... thanks for the reply, no offense taken

I dont know anything about a Poland Spring Cooler. Just get some water and throw a few ice cubes in it. Let it get real cold. Maybe stick it in the fridge or even the freezer for 5 minutes.

I followed the directions and it worked well. I only did 20 tabs though. Use a thermometer and get it down to 36-38 degrees. I'am not sure if it really has to be that cold but better safe then sorry. Use the cloth dress shirt as instructed you can wring it to remove all the liquid. Can't do that with a coffee filter.

Yeah, it's really very simple - put it in the freezer and let it drop until it's cold but not frozen, so just stir it now and then.. it's really simple..

I'm in the middle of doing it now with a coffee filter using 12 pills, I couldn't find any dress shirts that I could sacrifice. Man does this take a long time! It goes through one drip every 10 seconds or so.
edit- anyone know if these Panadeine pills from New Zealand contain caffeine? There is no mention of it's presence anywhere on the packaging, but I just wanted to make sure.
[ 08 January 2002: Message edited by: dan0125 ]

http://www.onlinepharmacy.co.nz/panadeine.html
You got the coffee filter noce and wet beofre you started pouring the solution thru it, right?
Shirts are much quicker. You dont use dress shirts. Well I guess that depends on what you call a dress shirt. I call them under shirts. Know what I mean? Fruit of the Loom or Hanes....white T shirts.

I was just thinking, call me paranoid, but what if I fucked something up in the extraction and the APAP somehow got filtered through with the codeine? Is this possible? It's in the back of my mind because I have 6000mg of APAP that I'm filtering out, and that's enough to fuck up my liver if it somehow made it through.....
edit- Effigy, in one of the guides I was reading they mention that T-shirts don't work because they are too loosely-woven, that might be why it's quicker, some of the APAP is leaking through!
[ 08 January 2002: Message edited by: dan0125 ]

Even if there is some APAP remaining , you most likely rid the bulk of it.

If you use ice cold water then APAP won't disolve, or very little will... filtering is a bitch, now if you have a vacuum and the glassware the process is a breeze, if not, a shirt works good - I just use coffee filters, the trick is, let the solids settle and pour off the liquid, pour slowly and change the filter paper once it's covered with a layer of solids...
Don't worry about caffiene - there isn't much that can be done in your kitchen .. yeah, the fluid will taste like shit but you can add flavor!

8mg to 450 is a horrible combo, you can by 60 mg codiene phosphate that's already pure for about 25 cents a pill. But in any case it will take you about 180 to 240 mg of codeine to give a decent high. Crush to the number of tabls you need for that into about 9cc of cold water, mix well, let settle until the APAP is lying on the bottom of the mosture then using a small amount of cotton on the end of a syringe extract as much liquid as you can and then boil is just slightly until it becomes somewhat clear, then drink it with something you like cause it tastes horrible, or you can inject in intramuscularly or even subcutaneiously but donet try to mainline it.