• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Inverted or non-inverted?

When playing an FPS do you play with the y-axis inverted or noninverted?

• Total voters

Smurfeh

Bluelighter
When playing a FPS do you play with the y-axis inverted or noninverted?

a.) Inverted
b.) Noninverted

(Poll please?)

inverted for sure. non-inverts are going against god.

honestly it depends on the game. halo i play inverted, but cod4 i play non. meh.

L2R said:
inverted for sure. non-inverts are going against god.
what he said :D it's the first thing i change.

non-inverted is just a bizarre and unintuitive way of doing things, for me.

i suppose whether you use a control pad or mouse may have something to do with it. may....

Non-inverted; although for sniper rifles & airborne vehicles I prefer inverted, for some strange reason. :\

Non.
One would think that inverted is more "natural", since when you tilt your head back your eyes look up, and vice versa, but really it's all about what feels natural when you pick up a controller.
I think I read somewhere that it has to do with what side of the brain you use more, but I dont remember where I read this :\ but it seems plausible to me.

Not inverted

Why the hell would anyone want to little guy on the screen to do the opposite to what you press? It doesent maske any sense ;)

delta_9 said:
Non.
One would think that inverted is more "natural", since when you tilt your head back your eyes look up, and vice versa,

wow, i never thought of it that way. makes sense. nice one!

i used to play inverted. I'm the only person I've known who did. I eventually switched just to make it easier for when we switched controllers.

it took like 3 years before my skill got back up to where it was. oh well. now I get to make fun of inverts with everyone else.

inuffkinverted, guy.

you could set this on your xbox gamertag and
forever be ready to mercenary any punk online,
not matter if you just bought it.

For joysticks and controllers, I prefer inverted. My main reason is that as a kid, I played a lot of flight sim games and obviously used a joystick. Planes go up when you pull back and down when you push foward, so I obviously wanted my FPS games to work the same way.

I do, however, use non-inverted for computer FPS's with a mouse. My main reason here being that I have never played a flight sim with a mouse, and as a long standing computer user, moving the mouse up meant moving the cursor, or in this case my point of view, up.

The controller thing gets quite annoying as most people I know use non-inverted. I guess they never played Commanche 2 or X-Wing as kid, huh?

oh man, commanche and x-wing... great games... good times! :D
thanks for the nostalgia trip man!