• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Inverted or non-inverted?

When playing an FPS do you play with the y-axis inverted or noninverted?

• Total voters
Inverted, controler, or kb/mouse, always inverted. The other way is obviously just for n00bs and old grandpas, yeah?

Inverted, but I find it interesting that playing inverted doesn't mess with games where the field is projected at an angle, like football games.

Invert. It's more real, you lean forward to look down, back to look up. It lets your instincts play out. Non-inverts just play it like solitaire, point-click-point-click, it's so two dimensional and it's why you lose. :p

^ lol

Exactly.
uNhoLeee said:
invert. but only because duke nukem forced me to ages ago and theres no point to changing back.
Yeah, me too. Shadow Warrior was also to blame.

Non inverted.

DPI set to 2000 and sensitivity usually set to 0.4-0.7 depending on the game

non-inverted. i go fucking nuts picking up a controller and when i go to look down i start shooting at the sky.

Non-inverted.

I started inverted, though. One day I was bored and wondered if I could pull it off. It took about 12 hours of gaming to perfect.

Note, this is for a mouse. I can't play FPS on a controller.

neonads said:
Invert. It's more real, you lean forward to look down, back to look up. It lets your instincts play out. Non-inverts just play it like solitaire, point-click-point-click, it's so two dimensional and it's why you lose. :p

Actually I'm usually 1st, 2nd place in every game I play :) (single games, not overall leaderboards)

I've been called a monster on more than one occasion, and "you need to go pro" by a few friends. Not that I believe them, but I was top 30 in the world on one FPS not too long ago, and that's among quite a few points-exploiters on that game.

Non-inverted. It just seems to make more sense that when you press 'Up' you look upwards. Although I also see how the inverted scheme makes sense as well.

I've played with the inverted setup a few times and I'm pretty decent with it. Just takes a little practice.

twentysix said:
Actually I'm usually 1st, 2nd place in every game I play :) (single games, not overall leaderboards)

Heh, just talking trash. :) I've seen some mean players use non-inverted too, these guys were all IT people who "point-click" all day so it makes sense for them to keep the same method.

Inverted on Consoles.
I don't even understand how people can play inverted on PC.

I use to be inverted, but than changed because of some game that forced me to play non inverted.
Now i play non full time.