• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

being an addict effecting your grades?

XxXbAbYxXx970880

Bluelighter
I just wanted to see how other college students are doing while being addicted to whatever. I only have 2 finals left and i'll be finished with my sophomore year. I started experimenting in high school and gradually grew into a daily opiate habit. However, i did worse my first year in school then i did this year. I just was amazed that i actually did better when i was fucked on tests, pop quizzes and homework that I hardly studied for. The only downfall for me was when i didn't have anything i wouldn't go to class or even get out of bed for that matter. Does anyone have this experience or have drugs negatively impacted your grades?

Man, I don't even want to think about how much better I could be doing in school right now if it wasn't for the hounding obligation to get fucked up all the time = /

More specifically, I feel that marijuana may be the greatest impedance to doing well. After a long day of classes/lab, all I really want to do is get stoned. I find myself rushing through homework and making stupid mistakes so that I can get high. But I guess that's better than attempting (and invariably failing) to do my work while fucked up.

Had it not been for my addictions (GHB, Benzos, Dexedrine, Opiates), my 3-year B.A. (which took 4 years to complete) would have been an honours double-major, and I would have been in grad-school now. Oh well...

Yeah I do a lot worse when I use, but I'm not addicted. I can't wait for the summer, nightly fucked up.

i did better once i stopped doing meth and hydrocodone on a regular basis.

I smoke weed while doing homework, study stoned, and attend class high as fuck. Its all about confidence just go in there and do that shit- if you want to get high, study stoned. If you like opiates at least you can still do your work, at least I can write papers and tackle conceptual material while buzzed on opiates.

Alcohol/ benzo abuse is worse because lets face it you can not handle college material while blacking out or getting drunk. Anyway good luck all PEACE

well duh...its state dependent recall...but you have to be able and be fine with being high ALL the time.

^ Not entirely correct, I'm sorry.

Certain drugs, especially benzos, prevent recall, so being in a perpetual state of amnesia is not particularly good for schoolwork.

Jamshyd said:
Had it not been for my addictions (GHB, Benzos, Dexedrine, Opiates), my 3-year B.A. (which took 4 years to complete) would have been an honours double-major, and I would have been in grad-school now. Oh well...

you only live once aye.

Jamshyd said:

Certain drugs, especially benzos, prevent recall, so being in a perpetual state of amnesia is not particularly good for schoolwork.

True, I was just speak about the poster is STONED all the time...

ye getting stoned = no good for me school wise
I used to get stoned all the time and it basically led to me not giving a crap about school and like mrjefferson said I would rush things to go get high (e.g. not review an exam after answering the last question because all i could think about was the bong rips which could be in 15 min rather than 45)

opiates on the other hand I am undecided.. from a recent study I have realized that testosterone drives males to perform well and hence do well at school.. seeing opiates decrease testosterone in most males, I am starting to believe that this may have an impact on school although I am not positive on this subject

I smoke pot to be able to deal with the immense amount of stress associated with going to school.

How do you know that he wasn't using the verb "effect", meaning "to bring about"? ;)

ebola

i smoke weed, used to have a dope habit and did school fine.. though this is only my first year in a university

Pillthrill said:
True, I was just speak about the poster is STONED all the time...

Yet to Pillthrill's astonishment i take all scheduled exams and tests cold sober and I do just fine in school. Yes I study stoned and learn stoned but when I sit down for the test I would prefer to be as sharp as possible. I prepare stoned, perform sober- obviously NOT state-dependent recall... I'm not gonna lie to myself and say marijuana is directly responsible for my success in school, but it is responsible for putting me in the mind state that allows me to succeed. Basically I use marijuana as a crutch to relieve the boredom caused by spending hours in front of a textbook.

PThrill- Don't write me off as state-dependent. Im certain you take adderall. lol.

Jamshyd said:

No, not at all correct

whaaaaaaat?!?!?

you mean being a drug addict is not compatible with doing well in life?

what's the world coming to?!

come on, people -- grow up and get a handle on shit.

BeenArrested4Pot said:
Yet to Pillthrill's astonishment i take all scheduled exams and tests cold sober and I do just fine in school. Yes I study stoned and learn stoned but when I sit down for the test I would prefer to be as sharp as possible. I prepare stoned, perform sober- obviously NOT state-dependent recall... I'm not gonna lie to myself and say marijuana is directly responsible for my success in school, but it is responsible for putting me in the mind state that allows me to succeed. Basically I use marijuana as a crutch to relieve the boredom caused by spending hours in front of a textbook.

PThrill- Don't write me off as state-dependent. Im certain you take adderall. lol.

I was just saying it happens. Thats all. Just like someone may not remember that hot girl from the bar's number until he is totally trashed again...then makes an idiot out of himself