• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Smoking off the foil / shooting heroin.

I'm just really insecure about banging with no experience whatsoever, alone too (my drug-using friends don't do heroin and hate it a lot, heroin's reputation here is like meth's in the U.S.).

As well you should be my friend! Play it smart, if you are going to IV, definitely do it with someone with some knowledge of it. Also, try to imagine what the people around would do if you did OD. Would they let you die because they might get in trouble for taking you to the hospital? I've seen it happen more than once! Have fun, i'm interested in your thoughts on the eXperience. Oh, and as far as meth/heroin in the U.S goes, both have a BIG reputation and stigma here, at least in the 40 states I have been in.

Ive only done heroin a handfull of times, maybe 10 times at the most.

Ive snorted it and ive smoked it off a foil. Ive never shot it up.

Personally, the next time I do it, I want to shoot it up. I have never really gotten a really worthwhile high from snorting and smoking.

This is just my personal experience. Take it or leave it, but never shoot something up if you dont know how to prepare the shot properly. Its not something you should just experiment on.

I never even thought about shooting dope until I was already addicted to sniffing it

I cant imagine how anyone would consider it with no tolerance but I guess everyone is different

definitely just smoke it man you dont wanna OD or have a bad experience and get mad sick

Smoking off aluminum foil is not dangerous. Or at least nothing close to as dangerous as its made out to be. It's a lot more difficult to 'vaporize' aluminum than some people on this board say it is. Also, there's a reason you need to PRE-BURN the foil before you smoke off of it. This way, if you're smoking off of it properly, there is no way holding a flame under pre-burned foil for ~10 seconds will yield any dangerous vapors. --Just noticed that somebody already mentioned this, but I guess it doesn't hurt to restate it. And when it comes to shiny side vs. dull side, it is indeed easier to put the dope on the shiny side (no vapors that way -- although the different textures only come from the way the foil is manufactured, not some clear-coat/glossy coating).

If you've only got experience with tramadol, however, which yields absolutely no rush, I agree it's funny that you're jumping straight to dope. Then again, if you're in eastern europe, chances are the tar you're getting is shit. I find top-notch newark heroin to be only as euphoric as oxycodone (sometimes even less) when it comes to insufflating, so don't expect some insanely euphoric experience. Anyway, smoke it, don't iv yet -- you'll only thank yourself later on (even if you end up banging it in the future). Plus, while many people fuck up the process of smoking dope (missing the smoke), it's a hell of a lot easier to get it right your first time smoking it as opposed to shooting it (harder than it seems).

If you have "tar" consistency heroin, you can add water (small amount, only enough to dissolve it) and snort the solution.. I have smoked dope (although this was east coast US w/ powdered caffeine added) and I must say, if I was to do dope again I would either sniff it, or shoot it... I did get effects from smoking, but I wished I would of skipped the whole adding caffeine thing and just sniffed it...

I definately think you should smoke it being that it's your first time using h, or any real opiate for that matter, you will still get super high if you smoke it.
I smoke off aluminum foil all the time, and i thought i should add that you should stay away from the cheaper aluminum foil and get the better name-brand stuff because i have found that some of the cheaper foils will actually melt a little and burn up/vaporize while i smoke my hit, the better name-brand foil usually doesn't do this. also keep the flame further away from the foil so that you don't burn the bottom of the foil-- this will also make it less harmful and keep you from smoking aluminum. just keep the flame a few inches away and wait, after a few secs the h should start vaporizing and you can smoke it, look at the bottom of the foil when you're done, and if it is burned then keep the lighter further away from it. hope that helps

You hav to have some skill at chasing the dope, otherwise you will waste alot. Iv seen more tham a few people waste $$$ on smoking it because they wernt doind a good job. You could have been right above them inhaling all the smoke that was floating above their heads.

Bavanai said:
Damn, this dope ain't any good for snorting, it's like tar :( .

then go for it & smoke it! if you do it properly, you will achieve a very nice noddy mellow high, not worse then snorting, if you smoke enough.

also i think you can to crush a benadryl tablet and mix the the tar with it, so you get snortable powder... but just stick to smoking it properly.

don't IV it! IV'ing is for addicts who already dont get nothing from smoking\snorting IME. & no it's not that different from snorting, just the rush is immidiate & better, that's it.

also i heard an opinion that smoking is bad, because you get addicted to the whole process of smoking it, the taste, the smell... same like the needlemania. & it makes it a whole desease by itself. but that's already personal opinions.

I_Stay_Dead said:
One-time tin smoking isn't safer than IV. IV is safer - they use IV injections of Heroin in hospitals... I've never heard of patients being given tin-foil and a straw!8) One-off IV Heroin isn't going to cause you any problems if you use a safe dose.

man youre so f***n wrong!!

i'ving is the easiest way to overdose, while while smoking you almost can't overdose. when you smoke, you get the heroin to your system slowly, making it easy to stop when you feel youre allready done good, & i heard you'll rather fall to sleep then actually overdose with smoking. while when u inject, theres no way back if that's too much.
also smoking is gotta be the cleanest as well, because whwen you smoke, you burn all the crap, & what gets to your lungs iss about just pure acetylated opium, exept injecting a bunch of shit, or snorting an even grater omount of the shit cause there you even ot cook & filter it, which does relieve some shit, but not all of it.

Boiling in Acid said:
also i heard an opinion that smoking is bad, because you get addicted to the whole process of smoking it, the taste, the smell... same like the needlemania. & it makes it a whole desease by itself. but that's already personal opinions.

Yes smoking it was a super social activety for me and my friends, and the whole process was a major catalist for my herion use. Four or five of us would sit around smoking for hours before we all nodded off. Nowadays its shots by ourselves, or only a few people.

It seems my assumption was wrong, I got a beige powder. But I still smoked it off the foil and got pretty high, even experiencing the nod people talk about. Puked a couple of times but it wasn't bad, it actually felt kinda good, lol. Nausea on and off, for about 4 minutes combined.

Also tried to shoot some left-over of the powder the second day, about 0,15 ml in the syringe to be really safe. Spiked about 2 times w/o hitting the vein, the 3rd time I saw blood coming into the syringe when registering but somehow I moved the needle and it sticked out of the vein so I injected IM/SC without intending to. Needless to say it wasn't so good and the spot also hurt that day but I was happy that I didn't get an abscess.

def smoke it and for your first time start with the amount the size of a b.b. -- trust me that little bit will get you high if you have no opiate tolerance what so ever. if it doesnt you can always smoke more -- but you dont want to be in the position to smoke to much and getting sick -- that wouldnt be exactly my opinion of an enjoyable high -- the first time i did heroin i took a quarter of a bag and snorted it -- i was blasted.

Bavanai said:
Tomorrow I'll get the chance to do the "devil" drug. So I have experience with lots of substances, lots of routes of administrations, but I'm really just a noob in opiates and IVing stuff (only did codeine and Tramadol and never shot anything IV, just IM ketamine).
I live in a southeastern European country where the only dope available is a tar-like dope. Tar-like because it has its consistency and properties, I think it would be called "#3" in the U.S..
I don't know what ROA to chose (and I'm more inclined to smoking). Here are some of my main questions for people who used both ROAs:

Is smoking it off the foil going to provide any sort of rush? I know that only injecting gives a real rush, but compared to snorting for example, does it have any rush wannabe property?
If you would have no experience IVing and preparing heroin, you just know the theory, would you rather smoke it for your first and last experience with the drug?
Would you say that you don't get the full heroin experience without IVing? I'm talking about the high, not necessarily the rush. I only get to do this once...

Thanks!

to answer your question directly, fix the stuff to meet God.
sorry if that is not harm reduction - that is, simply, truth.

BAVANAI

Bavanai said:
You know, some people know the meaning of "just one time". Just how I said that I'll never do strong opiates with ANY ROA and didn't, the same way I can continue to snort K. And think about it, why would I keep on shooting K if I don't have tolerance, I do K once in like 2 or 3 weeks? Snorting is very effective if you don't overdo it.

Bavanai said:
Fuck this, the needle is more addicting than the drug itself. Ofc I said I'll only do it once, once became twice, twice became three times, etc. Not sticking that thing in my arm again.

"Just how I said that I'll never do strong opiates with ANY ROA and didn't"

"Not sticking that thing in my arm again."

and now:

Bavanai said:
It seems my assumption was wrong, I got a beige powder. But I still smoked it off the foil and got pretty high, even experiencing the nod people talk about. Puked a couple of times but it wasn't bad, it actually felt kinda good, lol. Nausea on and off, for about 4 minutes combined.

Also tried to shoot some left-over of the powder the second day, about 0,15 ml in the syringe to be really safe. Spiked about 2 times w/o hitting the vein, the 3rd time I saw blood coming into the syringe when registering but somehow I moved the needle and it sticked out of the vein so I injected IM/SC without intending to. Needless to say it wasn't so good and the spot also hurt that day but I was happy that I didn't get an abscess.

Mate...seriously...since youve joined this site i have witnessed you continue to lower your standards for life. Im not saying you or anybody else shouldnt do harder drugs; id be a hypocrite. but at least i knew my views on things before i started them. i didnt break any boundaries - well actually, i didnt have many boundaries. but at least i knew it before i started.

watching you post these things and then come back a few weeks later having blatantly demolished your own standards and whatnot is heartbreaking. if you have such a low level of self control and so little self discipline, i just cant see drugs being a good life choice for you. you can do better then that, man. comeon.

be the one that got away..

We're all junkies here and we all made promises to ourselves that we didn't keep. It's not a good thing, I'm surely not proud of it, but it doesn't mean that if I see something harming me I will let it harm me. I'm not self-destructive. I'm just a little bit too open-minded sometimes.

I saw my K use getting a bit out of control when I realized I made 7 injections over the course of 20 hours. I quit using. Now, I have ENOUGH brain to not fuck around with heroin, with something that produces those w/d symptoms, one time really really means one time. I saw how it is, ok, not going to do it the second time.

With K it was different because I had that little voice in my mind telling me that if I get addicted to it, I wouldn't feel like I'm literally dying if I discontinue its use. That's why I had so little control over it. But when I saw that I use a bit too much, even though it didn't affect my life for then, I still had the willpower to stop.

So my point is, even though I break my limits most of the time, I ALWAYS stop when danger is in proximity.

Bavanai said:
one time really really means one time.

man i really hope so. You do realise tho that k is absolutely totally unaddicting (physically) and heroin is absolutely very fucking addicting right?

its like the boy who cried wolf...you said the same thing last time and look what happened. So to hear the same phrase once again, this time with heroin especially...im sure u get my point.

that being said tho, you seem like a smart dude so that should be on your side. at least your intelligent enough to admit your mistakes; thats something most people dont even do in the firstplace.

anyway best of luck, sorry for the wanker lecture but its just concerning to witness when i pretty much went down an identical path only a year ago...(and i mean identical)

I didn't know you could smoke powder...

I hadn't done drugs in 5 years when I first did heroin. IVed it too. Then again I've always been a risk taker. I went by the rule that I could always do more, but could never do less. So I started off with a small small matchstick-head sized bit, which ended up being a perfect amount. I am now somewhat addicted.

Bavanai said:
So my point is, even though I break my limits most of the time, I ALWAYS stop when danger is in proximity.

Hey sweetie, I am not knockin' you or judging you, okay? I just want you to know that I told myslef I would never be a junkie, and that I would stop before things got too crazy. Well, they got crazy.

...And I couldn't stop.

Bavanai said:
We're all junkies here and we all made promises to ourselves that we didn't keep. It's not a good thing, I'm surely not proud of it, but it doesn't mean that if I see something harming me I will let it harm me. I'm not self-destructive. I'm just a little bit too open-minded sometimes.

I saw my K use getting a bit out of control when I realized I made 7 injections over the course of 20 hours. I quit using. Now, I have ENOUGH brain to not fuck around with heroin, with something that produces those w/d symptoms, one time really really means one time. I saw how it is, ok, not going to do it the second time.

With K it was different because I had that little voice in my mind telling me that if I get addicted to it, I wouldn't feel like I'm literally dying if I discontinue its use. That's why I had so little control over it. But when I saw that I use a bit too much, even though it didn't affect my life for then, I still had the willpower to stop.

Wow. Makes me think- what do I get high for, where does the impulse come from?

Bavanai. Fuck it bro. If you almost had a problem shooting K, you know goddamn well whats gonna happen with H. Smoke it like once every few months. You are not a first time IV'r and you are not too "open minded". You're just like most on this forum, we all know what the score is with ourselves.

you went from saying it was a one-time thing to planning on becoming experienced with multiple ROAs. just throwing it out there but if you go through with it you should be prepared to become a full-blow addict. people talk about will-power and 3 days on, 3 days off. bullshit. think about the statistics. i'd estimate out of every 100 people who try heroin, 1 is able to completely avoid mental and physical addiction. opiates are incomprehensibly addictive. they change you as a person. use daily for a year and you will crave to the grave. i know people who used daily for years and even after complete sobriety for multiple years, they still feel withdrawl symptoms and crave opiates. and using it once is an illusion. pretty soon its once a month, once a week, all weekend, mondays and fridays, then boom: everyday. and thats when you look back and think "why did i try it in the first place? who have i become?" so if you're bent on trying it, just make sure you become that 1 person and not the other 99.