• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shot half of a suboxone

GenericMind said:
I used to swallow them whole when I took them. Maybe you should get out more before you make big sweeping statements like that.

I'm half serious dude relax.

Why do you people shoot this shit to begin with? It doesn't do anything!

ps the naloxone is part of the mechanism, it's not meant to scare people, just to keep them from getting high when they shoot it so why shoot it? Please, one intelligent, evidence-based answer so I can RIP!

I tried it because so many people on here say they shoot them and its fine.

and I was feeling like shit and didnt want to wait for the suboxone to kick in if I took it sublingual

the naloxone causes immediate withdrawal when injected. it's to prevent people from abusing it.

I have read that snorting is a little better but if it drips then you basically wasted it because it's just like swallowing it.

T-Lo9999 said:
Yeah this morning I did something stupid and shot half of an 8mg suboxone, I usually take them sublingually but I wanted instant relief and with all the mixed reviews from people I figured I would just try it out myself.

I had shot 3 30mg roxi 12-13 hours earlier. I'm not sure if the suboxone kicked me into withdrawal but it was a really horrible experience. After I did the shot I got ice cold, I experienced a lot of anxiety and it was overall just an awful feeling. I layed in bed for about 15-20 minutes for this feeling to go away and it did within that time, but it was really really terrible. if the feeling didnt go away I am pretty sure I would have called the ambulance.

Anyway just wanted to share that and ask if you guys think the suboxone made me go into withdrawal because I didnt wait long enough after doing the roxis. I have taken the sub as directed as quick as 7 or 8 hours after dosing a full agonist and never experienced anything like this.

Thats just stupid. Im sorry, but it is. Why in the name of God (as you choose to see him, of course) would you do that? You need to wait the full 36 hours that is suggested before IVing suboxone if you have taken full agonists recently.

Of course it was the suboxone that caused it. If that happened everytime you did it, do you think there would be anyone around here that would do it? That would be idiotic.

Taking it as directed wont cause as bad of precipitated withdrawals, if any at all, but a combination of buprenorphine AND naloxone, IVed, is going to cause some seirous hell.

Missykins said:
Still, can I get an answer question to my answer? Why shoot suboxone?

There is no answer, no logical one at least. Its a waste of drug because of the shorter duration, its terrible for your veins, and it can do some serious damage to your longs. On top of that, it doesnt provide a high, so there is no good reason to do it.

Why is shooting suboxone bad for your lungs? Does it cause pulmonary edema (fluid build-up)? Can that happen with snorting suboxone, or is it mainly just a concern with IV use? My lungs have been burning me lately.. but I've also been smoking a lot of weed.. I tried to run today and it almost made me pass out and I was coughing for an hour. There's nothing like the feeling of drowning in your own fluids.

^ I dunno. People say shooting any pill is bad for your lungs, something about particulates lodging in there. I don't know though, I've never read up on it because I've never bothered shooting pills.
But I don't think anyone was saying suboxone is especially bad, worse than most (maybe they were), but just that shooting pills in general is bad for the lungs.

Microscopic particles from the pill can lodge in your lungs and blood vessels and cause damage.

Missykins said:
Why do you people shoot this shit to begin with? It doesn't do anything!

ps the naloxone is part of the mechanism, it's not meant to scare people, just to keep them from getting high when they shoot it so why shoot it? Please, one intelligent, evidence-based answer so I can RIP!

buprenorphine gets to the opiate receptors faster and bind much more stronger to them then does naloxone. So technically, if one had little to none of an opiate tolerance, and they somehow happened to OD on buprenorphine, well then they be pretty fucked...unless a fat shot of pure adrenaline would help. 8)

^ Or other mu antagonists with a higher affinity than naloxone. But I don't know if those are available/in use at hospitals.

Also, I don't know if it binds faster (I don't feel like looking at their solubilities and trying to guess), I believe it just binds stronger. Either way, it dominates the receptors so thats all that matters.

DexterMeth said:
buprenorphine gets to the opiate receptors faster and bind much more stronger to them then does naloxone. So technically, if one had little to none of an opiate tolerance, and they somehow happened to OD on buprenorphine, well then they be pretty fucked...unless a fat shot of pure adrenaline would help. 8)

There are other antagonists, such as nalmefene, that would reverse a buprenorphine OD. And yeah, bupe binds stronger, not faster. It actually binds quite slow.

And sonic, IVing leads to particles being lodged in the lung, as GM said. Its possible with insuffulation, but less likely. You have to inhale it just right to get it in to your lungs. Youll know when you have done it because it causes this choking cough. You can tell something got in there and is irritating the fuck out of your lungs.