• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shot half of a suboxone

T-Lo9999

Bluelighter
Yeah this morning I did something stupid and shot half of an 8mg suboxone, I usually take them sublingually but I wanted instant relief and with all the mixed reviews from people I figured I would just try it out myself.

I had shot 3 30mg roxi 12-13 hours earlier. I'm not sure if the suboxone kicked me into withdrawal but it was a really horrible experience. After I did the shot I got ice cold, I experienced a lot of anxiety and it was overall just an awful feeling. I layed in bed for about 15-20 minutes for this feeling to go away and it did within that time, but it was really really terrible. if the feeling didnt go away I am pretty sure I would have called the ambulance.

Anyway just wanted to share that and ask if you guys think the suboxone made me go into withdrawal because I didnt wait long enough after doing the roxis. I have taken the sub as directed as quick as 7 or 8 hours after dosing a full agonist and never experienced anything like this.

shouldnt have shot till you were sick

read up man, before u go shooting do some searching :)

I assume b/c

a.) you IV'd it. N u kno wut the doc says will happen if u do so (percipitated withdrawls)
b.) u prolly shoulda waited longer to shoot it, if even at shot at all.

Phredom said:
I assume b/c

a.) you IV'd it. N u kno wut the doc says will happen if u do so (percipitated withdrawls)
b.) u prolly shoulda waited longer to shoot it, if even at shot at all.

yeah but sooooooo many people have said they shoot them and its fine.

I am guessing I didnt wait long enough. either way I am never shooting that shit again

even tho u wearnt high off the roxis they were still chillin on your receptors

suboxone ripped them off and that time you spent in bed was the bupe gettin to the receptors

memphis10 said:
even tho u wearnt high off the roxis they were still chillin on your receptors

suboxone ripped them off and that time you spent in bed was the bupe gettin to the receptors

thanks for explaining that. what a terrible feeling

I would never shoot my very first dose of buprenorphine(especially suboxone), its better to wait untill the second day before shooting any. Its better to introduce it grdualy to your body unsted of all at once when jumping back on.

GenericMind said:
Suboxone is meant to be taken orally, in case you weren't aware.

It's meant to be taken sublingually specifically. Don't swallow them.

~CTdopeLove

Shooting suboxone 12 hours after doing oxycodone is just asking for punishment in the form of precipitated withdrawal. Shooting suboxone isn't smart to begin with, but taking suboxone at all somewhat shortly after taking a full agonist opioid is an extremely bad idea. Wait at least 24 hours.

If you're looking for more out of your suboxone and you don't want to take it sublingually, try snorting it. The buprenorphine does have a higher binding affinity to mu opioid receptors than naloxone, so you can get desirable effects from intranasal administration of suboxone, even in higher doses.

GenericMind said:
You know what I meant. :\

Of course I did, I didn't mean to correct you, was just adding that it's meant to be sublingual rather than swallowed for anyone uninformed who reads this thread.

oral - done, taken, or administered through the mouth: an oral dose of medicine.

Therefore swallowed and sublingual are both oral administration, just wanted to clarify for any noobs out there.

~CTdopeLove

Missykins said:
Precipitated withdrawal from the naloxone.

Precipitated withdrawal from dosing suboxone too soon after a full agonist is caused predominantly by the buprenorphine, not the naloxone. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the brain's receptors than does naloxone, so the naloxone has little to no effect, even when IV'd.

I've injected suboxone in the 4mg range (half a 8mg/2mg bupe/nal pill) 6 hours after injecting heroin, with no ill effects (I had been dependant on buprenorphine at the time, not a full agonist, but if naloxone was the culprit behind precipitated withdrawal, I would have experienced some negative effects).

The naloxone is put in the pills to scare people out of IV'ing them, although what eventually scared me out of IV'ing them is all the sugar and nasty shit the pill contains - once you miss a shot of suboxone, you'll have a lump at the site of the miss for a month while it struggles to absorb. Never again.

~CTdopeLove

GenericMind said:
Suboxone is meant to be taken orally, in case you weren't aware.

yeah and oxycontin is meant to be swallowed whole but who in their right mind does that

^ Abusing addiction treatment medication is generally a bad idea. You most likely went on suboxone for good reason and you should try to at least take it as directed. Just be happy you're not in withdrawal and try to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of buprenorphine. Trying to get a rush from suboxone just isn't going to work, but I do think suboxone works great for what it's intended to do. It keeps away withdrawal and helps you lead a normal life if you choose to try to use it for that.

T-Lo9999 said:
yeah and oxycontin is meant to be swallowed whole but who in their right mind does that

People who don't abuse the medication?

People who use them recreationally that don't break them before they swallow them?

GenericMind said:
People who don't abuse the medication?

People who use them recreationally that don't break them before they swallow them?

exactly... no one

I used to swallow them whole when I took them. Maybe you should get out more before you make big sweeping statements like that.

Precipitated withdrawal from dosing suboxone too soon after a full agonist is caused predominantly by the buprenorphine, not the naloxone. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the brain's receptors than does naloxone, so the naloxone has little to no effect, even when IV'd.

I thought that since the buprenorphine takes a while to come on, even when IV'd, it mean that it doesn't cross the BBB very quickly. The naloxone does, hence the precipitated withdrawal that was experienced in the OP.

Of course, I've never used bupe, this is just based on experience reports I've read that said it took 15 minutes to start feeling good after an injection.