• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Aluminum foil

Meth_Head

Bluelighter
Ok I did a search and I didn't see one post on this. I have had many arguments with my friends over which side of the aluminum foil to use. I say that you fold your aluminum so that you have dull side up on both sides. then one of my friends said to put the meth on the dull side but have the shiny side on the bottom. Which one is correct?
Before any starts replying that I should just go out and buy a piece or use a lightbulb, I am in the process of getting a piece right now.

Either way you smoke it off the foil it's bad for you..

Ok Aja909 like that totally didn't answer my question. I know that smoking off foil is bad for me but so is breathing the air. I am just looking for an answer so I could either tell my friend that he ows me or that I owe him. So please don't try to lecture me on what is bad and what is good for me aiight. Sorry if I sound real pissy, but I haven't had any sleep in a while and am really irritable right now.
[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: Meth_Head ]

the answer to your question is shiny side down. when the shiny side is heated you can accually see vapors coming off the shiny side. luckily you dont inhale these, unless of course you go dull side down. play with it youll see what im talking about. the only thing youll be vaporizing is the speed if you go shiny side down. oh yeah the alzhiemer myth is no myth ask your doctor. but you know whats worse than foil. POWDER deodorant. read the ingredients.

Back when I first started smoking meth, and used aluminum foil, it always came the same on both sides. If your using foil that has a "dull" side, is this dull side coated with a paper? Or what makes it dull?

the answer to your question is to either buy a pipe or use a lightbulb.

michael if u read my post you wouldn't have posted that useless info u posted
Deus121 to answer you question, I just use regular Reynold's aluminum foil the "dull" side is not coated with anything to my knowledge.

I just don't see what makes each side different then. There has to be something coating either side, thats probably something thats not all that good to heat up. So I'd try switching to a different foil. That, or put the flame against the coated side so as not to inhale anything that might be burning off it. Like someone else said, experiment to see which side heats best, and which side to have up/down so you don't inhale any crazy chemicals from a coating.

well, to give you anther answer,
a) evidence that aluminum causes alzhimer's is ANECDOTAL at best.
and
b) you can see vapors coming up from either side. i just tested it with ghetto brand foil.
IN CONCLUSION:
how much fucking reasearch do you assholes think has actually been done on which side is better for you to smoke speed off of? THAT"S RIGHT! NONE!

look man no need for name calling up in here. that is just uncalled for. it's like my mom always told me 'a stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked'. so michael leave the name calling out of here.

People are gonna smoke off of foil no matter what. I always was told to smoke shiny side down...and it seems to make sense.
RevLenny ownz.

i never really gave any thought to what side of the foil to use, but then again i have only had to chase the dragon around twice before i decided it was time to invest the huge sum of $6 on a wonderful glass piece of my very own. good luck securing yours- it will fast become a cherished friend!
i do, however have a thought on folding the foil over. the few times i used foil were my firt times smoking meth, so i folded it over so that i would have more layers of foil between the flame and the product, the theory being that more layers=insulation against the danger of an inexperienced person (me at the time)scorching (oh, god noooo!) the meth.

yes, aluminum IS bad for you. it forms deposits in the brain which draw synaptic activity into them like little blackholes. but ya know what? it's EVERYWHERE! everytime you drink a can of soda, you're getting tons of aluminum which the carbolic acid in the drink has eroded off the inside of the can. fuckin' a, on the deodorant thing, and that's not NEARLY the only toiletry to contain aluminum. the fact is, the shit is everywhere, you cant escape it. it's just as much an infragable part of our society as lead was to the ancient romans, so just move on. besides, ya know what else is bad for you?.... the DRUGS YOU'RE SMOKING OUT OF THE ALUMINUM!!!!
disciple

Smoking off aluminum foil is NOT harmfull, it's an old pot smokers myth that your brain will melt or some shit if you smoke off foil ..
Sites like this bastard factory propagate the foil myth:
http://www.drugwarroom.com/marijuana.htm (they claim aluminum burns, everything will burn at a high enough temperature, but a lighter being briefly held under it won't do it)
I have been wrong before, so if someone can find a legit publication that warns against smoking from foil and gives a reason - again, that lame marijuana website is not considered "accurate" .. anything in medical journals, even government sites... if it's such common knowledge among the drug using community (which we have decided are, for the most part, clueless about the drugs they use) then SURELY there has been a study done..

Alright, the straight dope on this issue.. the following was in response to a question about the myth that the shiny side is coated with some deadly chemical and that you should always cook with the shiny side out, dull side toward the food.. the official response from the mfgr.
The truth is that the shiny side is not treated with a dangerous chemical. Mineral oil is used as a lubricant during the rolling process, some trace of which may remain on the finished foil--but it's not dangerous. The shiny side is shiny because of the way foil is made. During the last pass through the rolling mill, a double thickness of foil is run between the rollers. The side of each sheet that comes in contact with the polished steel rollers comes out shiny. The other side has a matte finish.

It's good we finally put this one to rest.. it's one of those dreaded myths that FUCKING DRIVE ME NUTS!! Stuff like "an air bubble in the syringe can kill you" (not true, it would take more then a full CC of air injected VERY QUICKLY before you run the chance of that air causing heart problems).. or "if you hold your hit (of methamphetamine) it will re-crystalize in your lungs" (again, it's just bullshit but it sounds good)..
So, what have we shown:
1) Foil is not coated with anything that will burn off and contaminate your smoke..
2) Foil can "burn" like most any substance, however, a bic lighter isn't hot enough, even those butane "torches" ("crack lighters") don't offer enough heat to burn the aluminum (the flame will blacken the foil but thats fime)
3) Foil is safe to smoke from, there is no risk of getting any poison or anything .. anyone that says it's bad to smoke from foil doesn't know what they are talking about...

you know all I wanted was a funny reply anf I got it? :D

2) Foil can "burn" like most any substance, however, a bic lighter isn't hot enough, even those butane "torches" ("crack lighters") don't offer enough heat to burn the aluminum (the flame will blacken the foil but thats fime)
I disagree, you *can* burn holes in aluminum foil.