• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

I'm a benzo newbie. The doctor gave me Lorazepam (Ativan) for anxiety attacks, eventhough i've never had one. Anyone got any advice/tips for me? Or just what to expect from these pills specifically. I'm a big dude and been partying for years but never messed with these before...

Does anyone know about GABA tablets being sold in Australia? I was told they were Illegal & only available in the states. What are they like mixed with benzos? Are they more of a Potentiator than grapefruit juice?

What are doctors most likely to prescribe for anxiety related issues with the exception of Xanax? I currently get Oxazepam, but i'm not too keen on it as it takes a long time to work.... i think diazepam works faster.

So whats peoples opinion's on their favourite benzo's for recreational purposes, that are prescribed for anxiety treatment?

I've never had Lorazepam but have been told it's good for anxiety, but not so good for recreational use... would still like to give it a go though.

Anyone have any suggestions? i want to suggest to my doctor something different, but it has to do with primarily anxiety related purposes

clonazepam is great, and I feel it offten gets a shitty wrap. Xanax just fucks me up too much to the point where my whole life starts to turn into one big mistake. With k-pins, I just chill.

BTW, I once was lucky and got the .25 Halcion's. Not knowing just how potent they were, I took two, shot some coke, and 10 minutes later, passed out.

Temazepam?

iv been prescribed temazepam to help me sleep (it was a bit of a dodgy prescription, i just told the doc i couldnt sleep etc to see what he would give me), anyway i dont know very much at all about this drug... iv used over benzos before, but iv heard this is one of the less potent ones?
my questions are:
how much would be a good starting dose to feel "high"?
what effects will occur if i stay awake, how long will it take for it to take effect and how long will they last?
also does it work if i snort it?
yeahh.. pretty much as much info as you can give. cheers. :)

45-60 mg will have you laughing your ass off. Last time i drove to Austin i took 4 of the 15 mgs and was zoned in on the road. When I got there I took 4 more and had a blast. They last longer than xanax or valium and the stuff is like a trippy benzo in high enough doses. It is quite soothing in lower doses but never had the "put me to sleep effect" my fiances doc prescribed it to her for, again and again. She never took it and I experimented with it bottle after bottle until it no longer worked, which didn't take too long. Withdrawals are not as bad as other benzos in my opinion. People call em the green monster on the street I have heard, but I have only seen em from her doc.

I snorted it to no avail as well. Tastes like shit! Just stick to eating benzos, the BA is so fucking high anyway. This stuff does take a little longer to kick in then xanax or valium, not near as long as kpins though.

^There are very few benzos that actually can be effectively snorted, most (temazepam included) produce no effect from snorting except for the part that drips down to your stomach.

Also on the driving bit, temazepam never made me feel like I was loosing my coordination as some other benzo's do, ie xanax. It was all a mental relaxation state that could get really awesome at over 60 mgs.

Regardless of how you feel, you should never drive on doses like those. It is extremely common for people to underestimate their level of impairment while using benzos, this is why people so often keep taking more and more because they don't realize how impaired they are and eventually they black out but they keep taking them and taking them.

This is EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous when you throw in operating a motor vehicle. If you want to act reckless that is your choice, but you're endangering other people by driving. Personally I could never do that. Imagine if you felt fine but your reaction times and reflexes were slowed and you killed someone. Is it really worth it to risk that driving on 60mg of temazepam?

Temazepam is very mellow. I don't know how it helps people in falling asleep. For me it's definitely an anxiolytic benzodiazepine. It was the first one for me to take, I was 14 and 20mg just made me relax and I felt my muscles got weaker, I was more open for a talk. Not long after I had access to estazolam (the 2nd benzodiazepine I took), 2mg in 20 minutes made everything seem further from me, my mood was better and overall relaxation was more 'hardcore' at that time to me, later I lost some pieces of memory but tolerance to benzodiazepines rises very fast, I could normally go to school and it was just magical then. To sum it all up, I've taken all benzodiazepines available in my country, two available in a neighboring country and one used by vets (no special order: diazepam, temazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam, medazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam, bromazepam, clonazepam, estazolam, alprazolam, midazolam, triazolam, clorazepate, tetrazepam, phenazepam, gidazepam, zolazepam). What I'm driving at is having a very wide experience in benzodiazepines generally I find temazepam one of the weakest and not hypnotic at all (only medazepam and clorazepate are weaker than this one and the closest benzodiazepine to temazepam is oxazepam).

I didn't just write "done it, it's weak as hell" because it's commonly praised like it was a holy grail of benzodiazepines along with flunitrazepam. And it clearly isn't. If I had no tolerance to benzodiazepines, I wouldn't drive after taking any amount of it. But I'm addicted to them and I don't feel anything at 6mg clonazepam, it just keeps me feeling alright and I do drive. Well, I do a lot of more complicated things that need more focusing.

So, temazepam may be fun for benzo-naive people but addicts won't find anything in it.

iv been prescribed temazepam to help me sleep (it was a bit of a dodgy prescription, i just told the doc i couldnt sleep etc to see what he would give me), anyway i dont know very much at all about this drug... iv used over benzos before, but iv heard this is one of the less potent ones?
my questions are:
how much would be a good starting dose to feel "high"?
what effects will occur if i stay awake, how long will it take for it to take effect and how long will they last?
also does it work if i snort it?
yeahh.. pretty much as much info as you can give. cheers. :)

1) for me, I only need 7.5mg. Other people would suggest 15mg to 30 mg.

2) the best benzo effects ever IMO, try it to find out. You likely won't stay awake if you take 15mg to 30mg. They last about 6-8 hours IME.

3) don't bother snorting it, it has a very high oral BA as is. Put the powder in a parachute and chug it down with water, so as to speed up the oral absorption. Snorting it doesn't give you as good of effects.

It's a great benzo, but this is a pretty basic inquiry about temazepam. I am going to merge this in with the benzo mega thread.

Regardless of how you feel, you should never drive on doses like those. It is extremely common for people to underestimate their level of impairment while using benzos, this is why people so often keep taking more and more because they don't realize how impaired they are and eventually they black out but they keep taking them and taking them.

This is EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous when you throw in operating a motor vehicle. If you want to act reckless that is your choice, but you're endangering other people by driving. Personally I could never do that. Imagine if you felt fine but your reaction times and reflexes were slowed and you killed someone. Is it really worth it to risk that driving on 60mg of temazepam?

Seconded. You are likely to get into an injurous/fatal car accident on such a dose. I blacked out on 15mg, and have only ever driven on 7.5mg. I wasn't nearly as intoxicated, but I never drive on it now, it's not worth driving on. It's a drug worthy of relaxing on, and you should never have to drive when you're relaxing.

Please do not drive under the effects of temazepam.

I've only ever driven once on benzos, on 3.25mg of xanax. I don't remember anything that happened over the drive, just that the entire time I was thinking "This is a bad idea, this is a bad idea, this is a bad idea" over and over and over. I wasn't expecting much out of them, so I took them at school. Will never do that again.

As someone with a Temazepam prescription for insomnia I would not say that it is only "fun for Benzo-naive people" and IMHO I can't imagine doing something plain stupid as driving on 60(!) mg of a hypnotic Benzodiazepine which has so much addictive potential it is one of the most dangerous of all Benzodiazepines. I can't find the specific article right now but Temazepam was banned in Sweden around 1992 after numorous overdoses and deaths due to people injecting the famous 'gellies' without filtering the liguid 10 and 20 mg gelcaps.

from Wikipedia:
Temazepam has the highest rate of drug intoxication, including overdose, among the common benzodiazepines.[42] Temazepam and nitrazepam were the two benzodiazepines most commonly detected in overdose-related deaths in an Australian study of drug deaths.[43] A 1993 British study found temazepam to have the highest number of deaths per million prescriptions among medications commonly prescribed in the 1980s (11.9, versus 5.9 for benzodiazepines overall, taken with or without alcohol).[44] A 1995 Australian study of patients admitted to hospital after benzodiazepine overdose corroborated these results, and found temazepam overdose much more likely to lead to coma in comparison to other benzodiazepines (odds ratio 1.86). The authors note that several factors—such as differences in potency, receptor affinity, and rate of absorption between benzodiazepines—could explain this higher toxicity.[42]

Although benzodiazepines have a high therapeutic index, temazepam is one of the more dangerous of this group of drugs.

The combination of alcohol and temazepam makes death by alcohol poisoning more likely.[45]

I have a high tolerance to Benzodiazepines and take 30 mg Diazepam and 10 Temazepam every day for anxiety and insomnia but I can handle 40 mg of Temazepam or 100 mg of Diazepam but those are my "recreational dosages" I need to get the Benzo euphoria. Another Benzo like Clonazepam takes 4+ to feel nice and Midazolam I black out at a dose of 45 mg so that is my tolerance which takes years to develop so start out as low as possible.

Midazolam is my favourite after Diazepam, just got a box of 15 mg <3 Dormicums <3 + some Clonazepam (upcoming 2-day party) so I'm a happy person now =D

-- Peace o/

Temazepam is very mellow. I don't know how it helps people in falling asleep. For me it's definitely an anxiolytic benzodiazepine. It was the first one for me to take, I was 14 and 20mg just made me relax and I felt my muscles got weaker, I was more open for a talk. Not long after I had access to estazolam (the 2nd benzodiazepine I took), 2mg in 20 minutes made everything seem further from me, my mood was better and overall relaxation was more 'hardcore' at that time to me, later I lost some pieces of memory but tolerance to benzodiazepines rises very fast, I could normally go to school and it was just magical then. To sum it all up, I've taken all benzodiazepines available in my country, two available in a neighboring country and one used by vets (no special order: diazepam, temazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam, medazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam, bromazepam, clonazepam, estazolam, alprazolam, midazolam, triazolam, clorazepate, tetrazepam, phenazepam, gidazepam, zolazepam). What I'm driving at is having a very wide experience in benzodiazepines generally I find temazepam one of the weakest and not hypnotic at all (only medazepam and clorazepate are weaker than this one and the closest benzodiazepine to temazepam is oxazepam).

I didn't just write "done it, it's weak as hell" because it's commonly praised like it was a holy grail of benzodiazepines along with flunitrazepam. And it clearly isn't. If I had no tolerance to benzodiazepines, I wouldn't drive after taking any amount of it. But I'm addicted to them and I don't feel anything at 6mg clonazepam, it just keeps me feeling alright and I do drive. Well, I do a lot of more complicated things that need more focusing.

So, temazepam may be fun for benzo-naive people but addicts won't find anything in it.

temazepam is NOT for benzo-naive ppl.

u are in the minority here, as most ppl find temazepam to be one of the most recreational benzos, if not the most recreational.
also, most find it to be heavily sedating -- myself included.
that is actually backed by several clinical studies (British, Australian, American, and others), which all have corroborated the original British study and which all have found that temazepam is the most rapidly acting, most sedative, and by far the benzo most often involved in overdose and death -- most toxic benzo (Like this study here).

so telling ppl that u drive and do more complicated things that need more focusing is stupid and irresponsible dude.
it's clear that u are in the very small minority which don't get much off temazepam, someone else taking this shit and drives or whatever can be dangerous, even deadly.

anyway sticko, temazepam is an awesome benzo for sleep. It acts very quickly and is very strong (15-30 mg is enough to put u to sleep, if ur tolerance is low).
it feels a bit like valium, but considerably stronger in terms of sedation, amnesia, etc.
i've found it to be most similar to nitrazepam in overall effect, but nicer and it doesn't last as long.
sedation wise, i've personally felt its slightly more sedative than flunitrazepam, but less so than triazolam.

Last edited:
Anyone know if GABA tablets/powder are available in Australia?

My main comment on the subject is don't do them too regularly, addiction is rubbish.

7 months since I started tapering I'm down to 7.5mg diaz and I'm still awake at 4.45am feeling like shit.

Anyone know if GABA tablets/powder are available in Australia?

i'm starting to like them less and less after using them on and off for about 2 years now. after a month of not using any i got a script for 50 5mg valiums and 25 30mg serapax(oxazepam)... i bearly even felt a buzz from them even when dosing up like say 120mg of oxazapam and 30mg od diazepam, yeah i felt it, but just a shit kind of feeling, and since if pretty much gone through the rest by dosing a lot smaller(but more than prescribed) and generally not feeling anything and having a realy bad appatice, like finding it hard to eat anything really.

I've always gone off food when on benzo's but not like this... i guess i should wait longer than a month when it comes to benzo's, but in a couple of weeks i've an Autechre<3 gig to go to and i'll be planing on taking acid for sure... only thing is that i get anxiety, and sometimes i get it when i'm tripping, which i haven't done for 6 months, so i'll be wanting some benzo's handy for sure.

sorry to go a bit off topic, but i find valium works faster than oxazapam, takes forever to work... and i recently tried to get clonazepam from my gp, but he wasn't willing to give me that as he said it was just for epilepsy8) so then i suggested lorazepam(he tells me he only knows the generic names8o,,, he has a quick look on his monitor and says yep, bet errr they're not on the PBS and it will cost a lot more money, so i had to settle for oxazepam(which is rubbish IMO) And i've tried xanax and can always buy it elsewhere if needed, but i also don't fancy it, but would be good for a 'trip ender'

What do people think are the fastest acting benzo's? from my experience, not necessary the short acting one's come on the fastest. would clonazepam or lorazepam come on faster than xanax?

also there are many that i haven't tried, but want to, i've had diazepam, oxazepam, xanax, mirtazepine and some z drugs not worth mentioning.... i think the best is diazepam actually, but i know there is something out there more suited to me... i've managed to try Flunitrazepam the once, and only 2mg, but i was so impressed with the half life and the freshness of the classic benzo mellowness, it felt like the coming on part had awesome legs and never noticed the settling in feeling, i'm seriously going to ask my doctor about hypnodorm as he's prescribed me temazepam, and i have a good reason to need the longer acting hypnotic:) fingers crossed... will report back if successful

Wooo i'm officially a bluelighter... i love this forum

Last edited: