• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

xanax is kinda weird for me.. been prescribed it for years, so my tolerance is high.. sometimes i can take 3-4 mg and not feel a thing, other times i'll take 2mg and will be falling asleep an hour or so afterwards..

generally, once youve taken too much, you dont really feel the effects -- just get tired.

but that could be because of my tolerance.. dunno.

Why didn't it kill me? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not 100% sure I did eat them all; I made another post here in OD (possibly as Asphid) asking if it was possible because I woke up one morning with 10 instead of 50. The consensus seemed to be that I ate them, and while dangerous and stupid, it wasn't a lethal thing to do.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=501246
^ The thread in question.

Why didn't it kill him? Because benzodiazepines taken alone (not in conjunction with other CNS depressants) are quite safe. A person could take 50 and live, though they might sleep for a day or two (and I don't recommend it).

Man, you guys get a head on offa Xannies? I'm scripted low-dose .5mgs and I take half and feel sleepy. Whole one and I'm OUT. Unless I'm WDing hardcore, in which case I can do 10mg across a restless evening and barely doze.

And before you call me a lightweight, I can take 300mg oxycodone or more in a day and never blink an eye. Lately, not even a nod offa 60 mg of methadone. But kick .25 of Xannie in there....and I wake up hours later.

Funny, I used to get 10mg Valiums and I could take those like nothing and function. The Xannies though, for some reason they tip me right over.

Go figure.

..gotta say though, for me that's a good thing. I take them for anxiety attacks and I would HATE for them to not work when I needed them to. I guess that's why i don't play with them, you know?

Why didn't it kill him? Because benzodiazepines taken alone (not in conjunction with other CNS depressants) are quite safe. A person could take 50 and live, though they might sleep for a day or two (and I don't recommend it).

I had no idea benzos were that safe, because I always noticed a significant drop in my respiration with relatively moderate doses (4mg) so I always imagined anything around 10-15mg could be lethal for a newbie.

But given that school of thought people would be dropping left & right anytime they made a "mistake" with xanax and thats def not happening so its good to know that xanax isn't as powerful a respiratory depressant as I once thought.

I had no idea benzos were that safe, because I always noticed a significant drop in my respiration with relatively moderate doses (4mg) so I always imagined anything around 10-15mg could be lethal for a newbie.

But given that school of thought people would be dropping left & right anytime they made a "mistake" with xanax and thats def not happening so its good to know that xanax isn't as powerful a respiratory depressant as I once thought.

Just cuz it doesn't kill you, doesn't mean it makes you stronger. And if folks are blacking out from the stuff then dosages : safety go out the window.

Benzos are relatively safe from the VERY effective dose to the lethal dose. Where they get dangerous is when a person gets all superman on them and mixes too much stuff together. Short acting benzos like Xanax have some quicker turn arounds in terms of tolerance than some others.

Mix em with booze and choking on your own vomit is about the most common way to die on them. Skip that experience.

xanax is kinda weird for me.. been prescribed it for years, so my tolerance is high.. sometimes i can take 3-4 mg and not feel a thing, other times i'll take 2mg and will be falling asleep an hour or so afterwards..

generally, once youve taken too much, you dont really feel the effects -- just get tired.

Sorta same thing with me...depends on situation i spose.
Do you lower your dose one day and up your dose to a high level about 12-13mgs every now & then if you have to?

Lastly, why would you name yourself "assphace"? A rather trolly thing to do.

Assphace is no troll, he is a good kid.

my guess is that he is looking for the wrong sort of "high" from benzos. like someone above mentioned, you're not gonna get "high" perse. you get relaxed and or tired and all that but some dont get high

i would say though that i personally feel i get some sort of "high" off xanax

It's a running gag from the CD social, where my name Asphid was always (lovingly, I hope) referred to as Assphace.

Of course lovingly

Do you lower your dose one day and up your dose to a high level about 12-13mgs every now & then if you have to?
Nah, I usually take 2 -4mg a day, other than then one day I binged accidentally

Assphace is no troll, he is a good kid. i would say though that i personally feel i get some sort of "high" off xanax
The first time I took them, I definitely experienced a "high. Not so much since

Of course lovingly
<3

for me benzos are golden if you are in a anxious state or need to come down off a stimulant but think its a bad idea to abuse then just cause there there i wouldnt say you get a high off benzos more like a chill relax state

Sorta same thing with me...depends on situation i spose.

I find that staggering doesn't work. When taking alprazolam, I needed to take my full dose all at once to get the effects. I wouldn't re-dose until eventually, it would have mostly worn off, and then I could dose again, or else I'd get more of the bad effects from benzos (irritability, headaches, etc...)

Man, you guys get a head on offa Xannies? I'm scripted low-dose .5mgs and I take half and feel sleepy. Whole one and I'm OUT. Unless I'm WDing hardcore, in which case I can do 10mg across a restless evening and barely doze.

And before you call me a lightweight, I can take 300mg oxycodone or more in a day and never blink an eye. Lately, not even a nod offa 60 mg of methadone. But kick .25 of Xannie in there....and I wake up hours later.

Funny, I used to get 10mg Valiums and I could take those like nothing and function. The Xannies though, for some reason they tip me right over.

Go figure.

I was going to call you a lightweight, but now that you've qualified your lack of benzo tolerance with an opiate tolerance, I feel that you've made up for it.

Sup guys, first post. I just aquired some of the legendary Halcion (Triazolam) .25mg tablets today!! Thought by many to be the most potent and intoxicating Benzo available. I take Xanax and Klonopin when its around most of the time to mix with other substances namely OxyContin and Crystal Meth Did my research and started out with a 1/2(.125mg) because i've been told that .25 will lay your ass out if ur not benzo familiar. But i also treated myself to some very VERY high grade methamphetamine today so obviously it will take more than average to really sedate me. Was pretty impressed with the 1/2 but about 45 min later took the other 1/2 now at .25mg and WOW 8o if i'm this euphorically sedated and relaxed while high on meth, The average Joe would be drooling with their face on the floor. I can eat Klonopin all day and Xanax usually up to 3 barz but this shit has me knockin of ONE TAB!?!? Makes Xan and Klon look like childz play IMO. I know i said earlier that i mix benzos with Oxy but only in small doses this Halcion seems waaaay too dangerous to mix with any other CNS depressant. Im couch locked and wide awake it's like the best of both worlds LOL. Wouldn't take sober unless i wanted to just pass out.

Last edited:
The Halcion IS in fact very short acting considerably more so than Xanax. Got another for tonight then two when i want to pass out. Id say .25mg is about like 4mg Xanax and way more sedating. I wish they would prescribe this shit instead of Flexeral or Soma after an accident. The muscle relaxing quality of Halcion is way better IMO. A super Benzo really LOL. But yeah if they were giving this shit to soccer moms and retirees in the 90's no wonder it got recalled. Shits REAL potent.

Last edited:
Yeah, before it was withdrawn from the market, Halcion came in .5mg tablets -withdrawn, then .25mg -withdrawn, then .125mg -withdrawn. Lol. Lucky Dutch **stard 8o=D

I find that staggering doesn't work. When taking alprazolam, I needed to take my full dose all at once to get the effects. I wouldn't re-dose until eventually, it would have mostly worn off, and then I could dose again, or else I'd get more of the bad effects from benzos (irritability, headaches, etc...)

eh, staggering works quite good with xanax for myself, more so better with diazepam as there's no blackout and just the constant eradication of anxiety and inhibitions out of the way. i've got a few staggering combos which produce beautiful synergistic effects between benzos, muscle relaxants and particular opiates.

strange you experience those effects from re-dosing xanax:\ normally it's just a blackout session in the worst case scenario for myself:|