• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Very interesting vid :)....I tapered off Klonopin last summer with Librium, am now on Valium. It just has that "extra ooomph" which Librium lacks.

Valium never work too good for me. Klon and xan are very similar but they not helping me at all with sub wds. I was expecting alot more but now have enourmous tolerence to any benzo. Dont know if that because I withdrawling and feel like crap. I dropping doses in half, feel like crap anyway what the diff. Need them to knock me out at night like they used to. Havent slept in 5 days.

Hey guys, I have a question regarding occasional Benzo use:
Since my Bupe-Detox started 10 days ago I have been taking some Benzos on and off, mainly Tetra- and Lorazepam but only once two days in a row.
Otherwise I mostly took 2 or sometimes only 1 day break in between. So no regular use over consecutive days.

However, I have never been physically addicted to them but killed a few Etizolam here and there while pausing the Opioids and before had 100mg from march to end of april.

I know I am playing with fire but I'd like to hear your opinions. I don't plan to do this any further after killing my last 8mg of Lorazepam and I have no source anymore. The point is that I go on vacation next week and don't want to be surprised by any possible symptoms.

Thanks in advance.

I would not be surprised if you felt some sort of withdrawal symptoms, however mild, it's been like.... months since march-april, and 100mg etizolam is a lot to go through in a month. Common symptoms of benzodiazepine dependency and withdrawal are rebound insomnia, anxiety, agitation, general malaise, etc.

Thanks tricomb, I trust your opinion. It would be so very stupid to switch from Opioids to Benzo-addiction but the 100mg were consumed over two months with regular pauses in between. Sometimes 1 week or more.

Nonetheless I agree that there could be symptoms although it will be hard to detect since I still suffer from insomnia and PAWS from the Bupe.
However I only took medium doses (f.e. 2mg Lorazepam once a day) and not for sleep and of course not daily so I will deal with whatever comes my way.
I have Gabapentin and Promethazine if it gets uncomfortable.

I in similar predicament coming off subs and using benzos to compensate. Daytime I not too bad but low energy and dizzy headrush symptoms. Night time is the worst, sleep maybe 2-3 hours. Before that legs a jumping and tweakin like I coming off oxy. It almost the same bup and oxy wds, oxy a bit worse. Have been improving slowly but trying hard not to over do it with the benzos. When your withdrawing benzos dont help too much so dont waste your time. Maybe take low dose to take the edge off but sometimes I want to chug a whole bottle lol.

Rod: Ever tried Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica)? They both help a great deal when in WDs from opioids and are not that addictive (but nonetheless).
And I suggest Promethazine for sleep. I took the Benzos mostly during daytime to ease the tasks which had to be done.
However, it gets better every day and I had two completely Med-free days that were ok so I am on a good way.

Thanks for any advice as you guys the only people in the world that even know I going thru it. I would try anything but have to be OTC, insurance canceled. Honestly excercise seems to be the best for me. Its a mad struggle, I former pro bmx racer who was shot three times in left leg. Could easily get pain meds and deal with hospital bs but really trying to leap off all opiates. My tolerance is thru the roof on everything benzos, opiates. People die taking half what I was on and I wasnt high at all. Something wrong who knows but I done with the subs. Three years, 2 stupid ass doctors who never help me. Basically doing this on the dl not even close friends know. The hardest part is motivating to go for a ride and get loose. Leg soo tight and pain with this humidity. Subs def has pain relief qualities, I can vouch for that. The price tag and stigma doctors/pharmacies in nyc put on subs made me quit. If it was otc I would have 20 bottles lol. I still only couple days into this so not out of the woods yet. Trying to chill and not go psyco on some random stunad brooklyn zitti for brains.

Hey...Im from Canada...and have a question.....
Is APO and 2 on the same side and oval shaped 2mg generic lorazepam?

Any reason why someone wouldn't get high off benzos? I don't get a buzz really off benzos. I'm prescribed 2mg of Ativan and don't really feel much off them. Just normal and memory loss. Is it because I have anxiety and they're meant for that? So it kinda balances out? Excuse me if this is ignorant logic, I just can't get high off any benzo.

I once heard from an old gf her psych said if you really need those type of meds, you might not feel any euphoria or anything. Just helps maintain a normal feel. This is third hand information but it makes some sense. I have no ativan experience either to compare with other benzos. You deff don't want to binge out on those and start the benzo addiction. I used to get floored on 0.5 xan about 12 years ago. Now that not even close to working. Keep tolerance low because it creeps up fast. Just some friendly advice, talking to you doctor is probably the best you could do about it.

I once heard from an old gf her psych said if you really need those type of meds, you might not feel any euphoria or anything. Just helps maintain a normal feel. This is third hand information but it makes some sense. I have no ativan experience either to compare with other benzos. You deff don't want to binge out on those and start the benzo addiction. I used to get floored on 0.5 xan about 12 years ago. Now that not even close to working. Keep tolerance low because it creeps up fast. Just some friendly advice, talking to you doctor is probably the best you could do about it.

That's what I thought. But yeah, I never saw how they could be addictive, simply because I never found them recreational. I can take like 8mg of Xanax and just get hungry. Even when I had zero tolerance. I always though benzos were a waste of money.

You must have big tolerance because 8mg xan would knock me out for 14 hours lol. I have a tolerance also but for me clons are a bit weaker than xan but they last longer. Less euphoria, longer effect. Hoping that helps me taper to a low dose again. Xan used to give me incredible munchies, now it still does but not as heavy.

You must have big tolerance because 8mg xan would knock me out for 14 hours lol. I have a tolerance also but for me clons are a bit weaker than xan but they last longer. Less euphoria, longer effect. Hoping that helps me taper to a low dose again. Xan used to give me incredible munchies, now it still does but not as heavy.

This was before any benzos were even consumed. First time I tried Xanax I did 4mg and felt nothing but calm. Took 4mg more and just ate everything in my fridge. If benzos gave me euphoria I'd cherish them. Just doesn't do it.
Matter a fact I was talking to my friend about Klonopin. He swears by it as a sleep aid I eat them like candy and never really get tired. I just get memory loss with high doses. Ambien gives me more of a 'buzz' I guess then benzos. But I wouldn't consider them recreational in my personal experience.

Wow, thats another example how we all handle things differently. I have realy fast metabolism and think that makes your tolerance high to alot of drugs. Thats how I started on benzos for sleep only. Trying to get back to that. I hear you with the handfuls of klons. They built up tolerance fast on me. It sounds like they never worked too much for you, so at least your not a prisoner of benzo addiction like I am. I tried ambien and lunesta. They work ok but harder to fall asleep. Klons put me out lol.

I would not be surprised if you felt some sort of withdrawal symptoms, however mild

I just wanted to update regarding my jump off the occasional use even if it must seem like a joke for some people:

It has been 9 days since my last Benzo intake and I only slept very bad one night (which was in a hotel room with a snoring person) and experienced a little alleviated anxiety for a few days and had a painful leg cramp during swimming but nothing serious. Now I am completely free of any meds and very confident with my clear head again :) Feels good man!

Congrats! Keep it going. How long was your taper? And what incriments did you go down. 0.5mg per week, 1mg per week?

DickTate, i don't know you, but i'm happy when i hear that somebody managed to get clean..I just wanna wish you good luck, and stay clean, remember, don't do the "OK, only one time, just for today,man..". Don't forget this. The sober life has a lot of joy, there're so many good things in life, things that if you're fuckin addicted you can't enjoy, cause your mind is all the time thinking of ways to get fuckin high,and..well, you know..so don't forget man, stay clean..
Be safe, and well done buddy..congrats..!!:)%)

MartinFn

Ya its hard to beat the lifestyle, friends, past history. Best to move forward and enjoy that clear head. I know what he was talking about, used to be crystal clear.