• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Just the Facts, please

You will definitely die, however, if you eat nothing but rabbit - and rabbit alone - no matter how much of it you eat.

(PS - Yes, I did pinch that one from QI.)

^ Eh, I must've been pronouncing them wrong then. How do you pronounce those words where you are?
Edit: I just found the pronunciations; I suppose we pronounce things differently in different parts of the world then.

^ I'm pretty sure we all pronounce things very differently in different parts of the world and none of them are "wrong" (with the possible exception of Brummies). It's all part of the great linguistic carpet of life :).

Apparently ants yawn when they wake up. I thought it was quite interesting, anyway...

And sticking with animals - the phrase "sweating like a pig" is quite meaningless as pigs have no sweat glands.

DamagedLemon said:
^ What about "deranged"?

Is English not your native language? It simply doesn't rhyme with orange, my friend.

Sorry to burst your little bubble of hate DL.

According to Leisure Enhancement by Leitner and Leitner marijuana has increased in potency 20x since the 1960's. 8)

Misinformation for the lose. :(

Not so much a Jeopardy type fact, but it is true and useful:

If you have conjunctivitus (pinkeye), place a moist chamomile teabag on the eye for 10 minutes, every two hours. In most cases, your eye will completely clear within 24 hours.

euphoricnod said:
Is English not your native language? It simply doesn't rhyme with orange, my friend.

Sorry to burst your little bubble of hate DL.

I wasn't hating on you, I genuinely wondered. Well English IS sort of my native language, it's just that we pronounce orange as "or-reynj" here. I researched it after it was brought up, and have explained my findings.

Sorry I'm not American :|
*Shoots self*

or-reynj? As oppose to what? (I'm not trying to mock you or anything, I'm honestly curious, I cant think of another way to pronounce it)

- There is more sugar in a Kg of lemons than in a Kg of strawberries.
- The lighter was invented before matches
- Snails can sleep up to three years
- The elephant is the only mammal which cannot jump
- Russia occupies the 147th spot on the global "Freedom of the Press" chart

As of March 2008, Each U.S. nickel contains $0.07310391 worth of metal.
Melt down all the nickels you can people, cause there's a bill pending which will soon make it illegal to change the metal components of U.S. currency.
All pre-1982 U.S. pennys also contain $0.02576016 worth of metal.

Tobacco only makes up about 50% of cigarettes made in the U.S.

Last edited:
DamagedLemon said:
I wasn't hating on you, I genuinely wondered. Well English IS sort of my native language, it's just that we pronounce orange as "or-reynj" here. I researched it after it was brought up, and have explained my findings.

Sorry I'm not American :|
*Shoots self*

I'm sorry I thought you were being mean.

And it is a shame you aren't American, but its ok you're trying to learn and that's important. =D :D ;) <3

1 gram of DNA can store up to 1 zettabyte of information.

-In binary, that equates to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 1000^7 bytes of information.
-In 2006, the estimated total number digital information in existance was .161 zettabytes(ZB), that's ~16% of the amount only 1 gram of DNA has the potential to hold 8o

-A googolplex, one of the largest numbers ever used in mathematics, is 10^googol(1 googol = 10^100, or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000). It would not be possible to write down a googolplex in decimal notation, even if all the matter in the known universe were converted into paper and ink. The time it would take to write such a number also renders the task implausible: if a person can write two digits per second, it would take around 1.1 x 10^82 times the age of the universe to write down a googolplex.
-However, using tetration, numbers many times greater a than googolplex can be easily expressed.

Last edited:
I pronounce it...oar-in-guh

lol is that even the correct phonetic spelling? Ah, I duno. Fuck it.
*shakes head*

entheogenius said:
"Deranged" is only ever going to rhyme with "orange" if you have a mightily odd accent.

"Purple" and "silver" are also quite difficult colours to find proper rhymes for.

Also "pint," "month," "wolf," and "dangerous" don't have any direct words that rhyme with them.

Orange sort of has words that rhyme with it if you count something like "door-hinge" or "lozenge". Depending on how you pronounce things.

Antimatter is the most expensive substance in existance, costing roughly 300 billion dollars per milligram.

^You can buy it? What would someone do with antimatter? And where would you keep it?