• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

will food ruin a valium high.

tablehead

Bluelighter
I took 10 mg valium for my first time, About 50 min In i was feelin very good with euphoria and a little slowness (chewed pill). Then i ate a fat burrito and i dont seem to feel it very much anymore. Isnt it supposed to be a long acting benzo?

some say eating kill the benzo buzz but i dont think eating has anything to do with benzos imo. personally i never feel any difference when eating while on a benzo

I've noticed whenever i take a lot of xanax i always get a sweet tooth, I haven't noticed a difference in the high when I eat, but everyone is different

No way. I eat like a maniac on benzos, including Valium, but more so with Xanax.

It has never diminished any effects from either drug.

I've never had a benzo high, so don't know.
Have used plenty of valium, xanax and clonazapam.

^ ??

I dont want to make assumptions, but you do know those are benzos right? Im sure you do, and what you mean is that youve taken them but never gotten high off them, correct?

At first I thought you were thinking benzos and valium, xanax, and clonazepam were two different classes of drugs.

the couple times I took valium I had different effects that kicked in at different lengths. After trying them again a few years back I got horrible night terrors both times I took it. Pretty confusing

Carsick said:
I've never had a benzo high, so don't know.
Have used plenty of valium, xanax and clonazapam.

Yeah what do you mean?

I big part of the high/euphoria for me is just the benzos doing their job, me not having anxiety = me feeling wonderfull.

He obviously means he's done the drugs but never really experienced a high from them. How fucking hard was that to figure out really?

Newbierock said:
He obviously means he's done the drugs but never really experienced a high from them. How fucking hard was that to figure out really?

haha for real

Anyway I could see how people who aren't generally anxious would think that benzos don't provide a very noticeable or enjoyable high (compared to other drugs for sure). Especially if they took a lowish dose like 1mg Xanax of 5-10mg Valium.

As somebody who has really bad anxiety, I love long acting benzos but don't really consider taking them getting high at the doses I like... more like they just make me feel content in my own skin which is quite nice.

I mean, I've never had a benzo high. Literally, I've taken benzos of various types, in various doses, and never been high. Have been very fucked, of course, but that isn't exactly a surprise or particularly desirable.
I then listed the benzos I've had.

It wasn't a very useful post, I'm sorry. Wasn't in a great mood when I put it up.
I've only recently suffered the kinds of anxiety and general mental illness that some of these drugs might actually be useful for. Previously I'd only ever used them for very temporary drug induced issues, come downs and the like, apart from a few experiments to see if they had any recreational value for me.

Last edited:
For me it doesnt kill the high, its all part of the fun...getting smashed and stealing ridiculously large ammounts of candy and shit, i get so hungry when im on benzos.

Benzos are probably the only class of drug in which the high isn't diminished by food, for me at least. It ruins weed, opiates, tryptamines, amphetamines, etc...

food ruins weed? What the fuck is wrong with you doood!

anyway, not really.

ViciousShadow said:
I've noticed whenever i take a lot of xanax i always get a sweet tooth, I haven't noticed a difference in the high when I eat, but everyone is different

Yeah, dude! Milkshakes are the best on Xanax! Sweet and the cold feels so good....

Normally, I like to wait until valium hits me before eating if possible. This ensures that it all hits me at once and the peak plasma concentrations are as high as possible. I wouldn't say eating before/while you dose kills the high, but it can impact the peak.
Once I'm already high I love to eat though.

Why not just do what I do and take the Valium sublingually? I basically take my valium by chewing on the tablets and swishing the powder around in my mouth.

For the record, benzos generally make me want to eat more.

Ham-milton said:
food ruins weed? What the fuck is wrong with you doood!

It doesn't ruin it, but it does diminish it. It mostly affects the body high, which for me is most defined only for the first hour or so I smoke, so if you smoke 16 hours a day, you're not going to notice food weakening the high much, if at all. If you want to tell me eating has no effect whatsoever on a cannabis high, next you'll probably tell me orgasms don't either.

Eating is a def. on valium.

Ayrios-> get out.

Thou art on some serious shit, sir!