• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Foreign Drug Scenes

TheodoreRoosevelt

Bluelighter
Interested in how the drug scene works in foreign (ie not America) places. I can't imagine anywhere else in the world having open air drug markets like we have in the cities of America, and I can't imagine a lot of countries out there with such large numbers of say, heroin addicts and cokeheads and meth addicts.

I wanted to talk about the Japanese drug scene and how it's like, but figure to turn it into a talk about any foreign drug market.

yeah, I cant imagine colombia having as many coke addicts or as open market cocaine selling as america.

Or afghanistan for opium.

no way...that though just blows my mind.

Interesting, I've never thought of what the drug markets are like anyware else, I'd imagine they are similar but I have no real knowledge of it eather.

I would imagine Australia has a very similar scene to the US. We have different lingo and obviously, availability/prices of certain things is different. Drugs are everywhere in most of the capital cities though.

But do people actually sling it on the streets, out in the open and public and right in front of neighbors? Do they yell out strange names and holla at strangers to come over?

I'm really curious how the japanese drug scene is. I can't imagine heroin or crack addicts there at all. I know speed is an issue there, but I don't know how that is.

Man drugs are universal, especially in large cities. The only thing that really differs is price and slang.

I don't think any large numbers of wandering crackheads and heroin addicts exist in Tokyo like they do in NYC or Baltimore.

I don't even think heroin or coke is in Japan in any substantial amount. They have hash at $50 a gram which isn't popular, mushrooms which were legal up until 2002 so I think they are somewhat around, and speed is somewhat popular?

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
But do people actually sling it on the streets, out in the open and public and right in front of neighbors? Do they yell out strange names and holla at strangers to come over?
Depends where you are really. I've seen shit that you wouldn't believe, especially in the Melbourne CBD/western suburbs.

Please don't let this thread turn into a how to on obtaining drugs in another country. Then we'd have to close it.

There are open air markets in several countries. In most of western europe, britian and russia. It helps to know the language. Helps a lot.

Theodore, from what people have told me, Japan is solidly an amphetamine country. It's far and away the most popular recreational and productivity-enhancing drug there. I used to hear about inhalants (yuck!) being popular there, but mostly among kids, who couldn't get anything else. For some reason, marijuana seems to carry a real stigma in Japan. It's not popular, and laws against it are heavily enforced. Drug use of any kind carries a heavy stigma there, so I'd imagine you might have a bit of a time getting anyone to admit to you they use, just for reasons of saving face. There were definitely a lot of drug tourists from northeast Asia in the party islands of Thailand when I was there! People from Japan, Taiwan, Korea, etc. will dare to do a lot of things when they're far from home and anyone they know.

I'll put in my input here for Taiwan. At the time I lived in Taiwan, MDMA, the 'head-wagging pill', was enjoying quite the heyday. There were clubs in Taipei that catered specifically to rollers, some of which quite flagrantly. You could find flyers for club events with names like 'ROLLIN!' The music these clubs played tended to be mediocre-quality hard house, and the decor was rainbow. The rolling crowd seemed to be fairly tight and well-connected, and the clubs were most definitely mafia owned and operated. It was definitely a club-oriented scene -- I ran into two real outdoor 'raves', and both were largely populated by foreigners. Pills were all from mainland China, and ran the gamut from mind-blowing to *uuuugh* *shudder* 'what the hell is in these things?' If it weren't for the fact that everybody needs a visa to enter Taiwan, I could have seen it easily developing into a hotspot for drug tourists who like their e.

Amphetamines, like in Japan, are big in Taiwan too.

I would like to hear about the drug scenes in some other countrys aswell...

I can tell you about the drugs scenes in the two countrys im familar with ;)

Copenhagen, Denmark.
heroin,coke and benzos are everywhere, probably one of the easiest citys to score drugs in.Dealers literally stand around in large groups around the central station yellin out "dope" "coke" or "rohypnol" etc etc, there are open air markets and the police know about them, the police make their presence but its not like the U.S and you rarely get searched unless you look like a dealer. This scene is pretty typical of the north end of Europe, i've seen similar scenes in Hamburg and Malmo.

I spend enough time in Sydney, Australia to tell you there are not really open air markets per definition but there are certain parts of the city where you will find street dealers but you are going to have to look the part and ask around. Most drug deals are done over the telephone and the most popular drugs seem to be MDMA and methamphetamine...coke & heroin are ridiculously overpriced along with any other drug you could imagine.

A friend of mine is living in Santiago, Chile. Granted hes only been there for about 4 months but he says coke is extremely easy to get, extremely pure, and super cheap (10$/gram is standard but you can get it for cheaper).

He says a lot of people grow pot and lots of it grows in the wild so the quality for that varies a lot. Hes heard of people who have speed and shit but thats bout it. Hasn't found any downers really, its been mostly coke and pot which I imagine are prevalent in every country.

^^Not here, theres coke but its notoriously impure and it'd give you a heart attack if I told you the standard price for a gram(of course when you have good connects things may be different)

In Sydney, Australia there are a few places where drugs are sold on the streets but as pkt said its not really open air. Most of the time you just ask some dude who looks like a junky and he'll be selling or he'll know someone close by who's selling. I get someone to score for me coz im a pussy, but the most common drugs the get on the street are heroin and ice(meth), anyone can go score that stuff but if you know the right people theres coke and prescription pills around(OC's MScontins) But most of it aint worth shit. Its pretty common to get ripped off unless you know someone reliable, and most times that ive been in these areas ive seen fights between dealers and customers.

The only drug ive found worth going to score is OC's because you know what your getting. Tried getting some meth once but it was mostly(if not all) sugar. If your going to use drugs in australia, find a house dealer, street dealers suck. But im being a good boy and gonna try to not use for a long time(how many times have I said that now?) so I dont need to score any shitty australian drugs. Because really, apart from pills, meth and pot, basically all drugs here suck or are overpriced.

I know that there are really big open air markets in Spain, Portugal and Switzerland. I saw a documentary regarding drugs in Spain and people were literally in line on the street to get their fixes (H & Cocaine mainly), there were hundreds on these lines. Once they hear the cops are coming they just disburse and as soon as they leave the street, back to business. I don't remember the name of that doc., but you can find it easily on YouTube.

the_ketaman said:
^^Not here, theres coke but its notoriously impure and it'd give you a heart attack if I told you the standard price for a gram(of course when you have good connects things may be different)

In Sydney, Australia there are a few places where drugs are sold on the streets but as pkt said its not really open air. Most of the time you just ask some dude who looks like a junky and he'll be selling or he'll know someone close by who's selling. I get someone to score for me coz im a pussy, but the most common drugs the get on the street are heroin and ice(meth), anyone can go score that stuff but if you know the right people theres coke and prescription pills around(OC's MScontins) But most of it aint worth shit. Its pretty common to get ripped off unless you know someone reliable, and most times that ive been in these areas ive seen fights between dealers and customers.

The only drug ive found worth going to score is OC's because you know what your getting. Tried getting some meth once but it was mostly(if not all) sugar. If your going to use drugs in australia, find a house dealer, street dealers suck. But im being a good boy and gonna try to not use for a long time(how many times have I said that now?) so I dont need to score any shitty australian drugs. Because really, apart from pills, meth and pot, basically all drugs here suck or are overpriced.

Hear hear. Try being in SE QLD (no, not Brissy). Gah. Good luck getting anything without a good contact. Luckily, I have one: no street dealers for me.

Most of the drugs we do in this scene are standard pharms (Codeine [chuckles a little], Oxycontin, Diazepam, Tempazepam), Ice, MDMA (pure through my contact), and weed. That's about it.

My circle of friends stick to pharms, although we've recently been offered H as well as Opium itself which has us interested. Mostly, we stick to things that we know we're getting. I'm the chemist usually: possibly going to try and synth methcathinone very soon. Basically, unless we know exactly where it came from (pharms, or if we make it ourselves, or our very good contact), we don't touch it.

I know right here in toronto there is very open selling. People do indeed yell in the streets and offer things to strangers.

course I wouldnt buy from anyone who does, as it could be an undie.

rangrz said:
I know right here in toronto there is very open selling. People do indeed yell in the streets and offer things to strangers.

course I wouldnt buy from anyone who does, as it could be an undie.
Yeah, definately had a few rasta type characters offer me weed in Toronto.
lol youngsterdam.

I get offered crack on a regular basis, and oxy-80's then again...I live in a fairly shady area.

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
I having open air drug markets like we have in the cities of America, and I can't imagine a lot of countries out there with such large numbers of say, heroin addicts and cokeheads and meth addicts.

You never been to Amsterdam? They stand outside and ask everyone who walks past what they want.

I got that when I went the dam, deathrow. Everytime I walked down the street I'd be aproached by shady characters saying cocaine, heroin, ecstacy. They look more inclined to just stab you and take your money than selling you drugs though.