Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
butane said:
The way he describes it sounds a lot like a DOx; the overstimulation and the psychotic craziness are especially reminiscent of DOC

Actually I'd say the overstimulation and psychotic tendencies sound much more similar to DOB than DOC... DOC isn't particularly stimulating for me and certainly doesn't make me feel psychotic. DOB, on the other hand... much less comfortable.

I've never tried DOB, but I can certainly see the heavier halogens increasing the intensity of the trip as they do somewhat with the 2C series.

make sure you can lie down,
it sometimes KILLS your legs.

alcohol extract is good.

Merged in query about 800 MGS's. My advice- don't do it! Then again, I don't like morning glory seeds; I'd rather R. Corymbosa for an LSA trip....I imagine that the body load from 800 seeds would be really quite awful...

Do you find the trip itself very different for the Rivea Corymbosa compared to the HBWR?

LSA + Raving

IM going to Innovation int he sun fora week soon. Plan on dropping every other night and drinking most nights, its a 7 day thing =D Trying to plan the drug intake :!

I was wondering what LSA would be like at a DnB Rave, Would it be enjoyable or would like lights/music spin me out? Im quite an experienced MDMA user, and do love dancing like a twat on it, so if i can rave on LSA that would be a plus :D

Any LSA-containing plant tends to make me feel like death for an hour or so, before I vomit my fucking life out and immediately feel great.

Might want to get that phase out of the way before you venture out.

Personally I'd prefer a nice but of nature to trip out to, might be a bit intimidating at a rave.

Ye ill do that, would i get into the rave while tripping on the LSA? Lets say i throw up and what ever about an hour before going?

I can't really see this being a good idea, as LSA has a broad range of effects. Some people get terrible nausea for the whole trip and others enjoy it, but I do not believe it is stimulating at all? Might be a little mongy, or you may get weak LSA Containing seeds or whatever, and it might amount to nothing.

I dunno I think there is so many variables with LSA too take at an event like this.

I dunno I think there is so many variables with LSA too take at an event like this.

I agree.

I've had five different trips (maybe more...can't remember) with this substance and NONE of them were the same...except for the horrible body load and nausea. I used HBW seeds for all of these:

The first one was very euphoric and MDMA like. I used 7 seeds.

The second one was more LSD like, very mental but at the end it was annoying when I was trying to sleep. I used 7 seeds.

The third one, though I was taking more seeds then the previous two experiences, seemed to be less intense then them. I proceeded to get very sick and suffer vasoconstrictive problems and ended up in hospital. I used 10 seeds.

The fourth time was a light trip, mainly spent writing and listening to music and looking up random things on the internet. Was not very fun. I used 7 seeds.

The fifth trip I can barely remember, but I do know it was OK but not really great or intense like the other times. I was starting to see that LSA can have a really dark side to it and bring out very negative thoughts. 7 seeds once again.

Oh yeah, and did I mention it has a shitty body load?

Make sure to use a batch of seeds you already have prior experience with so you'll have an idea how it will affect you and how much possible nausea and bodyload you might get. I agree with the above comments suggesting don't party till after you've gotten the nausea/vomiting stage out of the way. So long as you've had the seeds in your stomach a good 2 hours I think throwing up at that point doesn't waste much, if any of the drug. Your best bet seed-wise might be Rivea, as they're said to cause MUCH less nausea than HBW or MG.

What is the dosage on the Rivea? I can't seem to find much information on these.

Here's a question that popped into my mind, that's been brought up by this thread:

Has anyone ever heard of any cases of gangrene caused by use of HBW seeds or Morning Glory? I think it may just be the HBW strain that can cause problems.

Although it's been a while ago now, I've experimented quite a bit with LSA-containing plants, and I've found that the experience is HIGHLY variable from plant to plant, even within the same species. Generally, HBWR tend to be more sedating and every time I've tried them I end up feeling terrible body effects, particularly the lack of circulation in the extremities. I thought my hands were going to fall off!

My favorite by far is a cold tea of Morning Glories, although I've not yet had a chance to sample the Rivea. Even this can vary pretty widely, and I've not yet found any consistent way to tell what plant will yield what effects. I can tell you this though: My favorite trips, EVER, have been from Morning Glories, and they were the ones that reminded me most of LSD. Highly visual, spectacularly spiritual, and fairly long-lasting (10-12 hours). On several occasions, although not every time, I've felt the presence of the plant guide me, and I've also become one with all of the shaman who have journeyed before me. I could tell that I was in the wrong place, up north in Minnesota, when I should have been in the jungles of South America, but the guides didn't mind. Rather, they were pleased that they were able to help me/us far away as well as those in their natural habitat. I frequently see Mayan/Aztec visuals, and it's one of my goals in life to ingest the seeds around some ruins in the jungle.

Would I recommend it for a rave? Well, it would probably be fine, but no, I'd rather take them out in nature. I guess that's my preference for nearly all psychedelics anyway, so perhaps it's just me.

As an aside, you really should try growing Morning Glories and then ingesting the seeds you've grown. It's a beautiful experience to care for and nurture a plant throughout its life, and when I trip on my home-grown seeds I can feel the plant reciprocating my love and affection. Just being in the presence of the plant is great; I can feel its good vibes, especially if I meditate by it.

Yeah, you're right Butane that the HBW and MG experiences can vary a LOT from batch to batch. People tend to generalize HBW as causing a sedated feeling, nausea and vasoconstriction side effects but this is only the case with some batches. Some HBW actually can be quite stimulating and cramp and nausea free. Just gotta find the right vendor.

I know of one vendor right now who has Hawaiian, Madagascar and Dominican Republic HBW in stock. I've tried their Madagascar before and they were INCREDIBLE. I think the different HBW strains have pretty different alkaloid profiles.

Butane, have you found MG in general to be more stimulating, less nauseating and cramping and more visual than HBW? My 25 g MG trip was FAR more visual than most my 15-25 seed HBW trips. HBW I found tended to more just make my vision really clear and bright and pictures and surfaces seemed slightly animated.

My 25 g MG trip my whole field of vision was altered. One person described the MG visual effect as his vision having detailed colorful stained glass windows over everything. I liked that analogy. It was like seeing bright, colorful, intricate webs over surfaces I looked at. My MG trips have been totally cramp free too. And I find MG doesn't give me the intense burning nausea of HBW. HBW can feel like u have acids eating your stomach.

When you make MG tea how long do you soak the teabag in your water? Do you often stir the bag and shake the container it's in? I hear a 1-2 hr soak is best and that soaking too long can extract more of the undesireable alkaloids. I hear if you properly extract MG's LSA's into water that the water will glow brightly under a blacklight.

Oh, and to make HBW/MG more of a party drug, try combining it with Kratom, MJ and Japanese Sweet Flag 5X extract. Adds more of a rolling feeling.

Morning Glory Question

so i bought 4 grams of morning glory seeds, unwashed. I believe they were the blue heavens kind or something... anyway i chewed up all 120 seeds fairly well, on an empty stomach and waited... nothing... it's been 5 hours now, and i know i'm not going to be tripping today.
So my question: what did i do wrong? should i just try more next time?

Butane, have you found MG in general to be more stimulating, less nauseating and cramping and more visual than HBW?
My MG trips have been totally cramp free too. And I find MG doesn't give me the intense burning nausea of HBW. HBW can feel like u have acids eating your stomach.

Absolutely. I agree 100% with the above.

When you make MG tea how long do you soak the teabag in your water? Do you often stir the bag and shake the container it's in? I hear a 1-2 hr soak is best and that soaking too long can extract more of the undesireable alkaloids. I hear if you properly extract MG's LSA's into water that the water will glow brightly under a blacklight.

I usually use fridge-temp distilled water to make my tea. I grind up the seeds and put them in empty tea bags, or a coffee filter tied off at the top. Even an hour I think would be too long. I put the bag in, and actively swirl it around, but I don't squish it. That will force the nasties out. You can see that, at first, a translucent yellow color will come out of the tea bag, and then, later, an opaque white color will start to come out, and I'm almost certain those are the nauseating nasties. I trash the tea bag at this point and consume the solution, usually ten to fifteen minutes after putting the tea bag in. It certainly does glow, and that's a great way of testing to see if your tea was effective. I usually use 5-10g, and if your seeds are potent, 10-12g is a pretty strong dose. I wouldn't eat more than 15g.

i wouldn't take MGS/HBR at a dance party... too sedating. once, at a psytrance party, on two hits of LSD, i ate some hawaiian baby woodrose & nearly fell asleep! while peaking on LSD!

i felt amazing, but definitely not in a dancey sort of way!

Interesting that you soak the MG teabag in water so briefly. Folks on Mycotopia had me thinking one needs to do the soak for over an hour. You aren't worried that such a short soak might not grab all the psychoactive LSA's? You don't soak longer because you don't want to risk extracting the more nauseating alkaloids?

I'm thinking I'll soak the teabag in a container with a lid so that I can shake the whole container vigorously. I'll take the top off occasionally and stir the contents too. I heard that one needs to make sure the teabag sinks to the bottom of the container and doesn't float.

Well, hopefully this teabag method will be as potent for me as eating the seeds. Usually, I just eat the seed powder mixed in an ice cream malt, as I fear an extraction will lose potency. You don't find your extraction method loses any potency?

I'm going to first try the teabag method on a friend of mine as I myself have such a high tolerance to LSA's that I'm afraid that if much potency is lost I'll get a weak trip. I can easily handle 25 HBW seeds or 20-25 g of MG's- a frustratingly high tolerance...

I'm enthusiastic about the teabag method as it offers a form of ingestion that hopefully will be nausea free for my girlfriend and friends. Otherwise, they won't touch MG's due to fears of intense nausea.

You might find your MG tea a lot more potent if you preload on Piracetam, Hydergine and/or an MAOI such as Syrian Rue or Moclobemide. LSAhuasca can be an EXTREMELY profound experience...

Me, I'm trying to ascertain whether I should buy Syrian Rue 10X extract but fear it prob. isn't truly 10 times as strong as Rue seeds at all. I don't want to eat .4 g of the 10X, thinking it's equivalent to 4 grams of Rue, and then not get enough MAO-inhibition to potentiate LSA's.

Oh, by the way what storebought brands of MG's have you tried? I've gotten good results from Burpee and also would like to try American Seed Company brand (which is MUCH cheaper) and I hear K-Mart Martha Stewart brand is quite potent.

Lastly, which MG strains have you tried? I've mainly only used Heavenly Blues and wondered how Pearly Gates, Wedding Bells, Flying saucers, etc. compare.

The Wizard said:
You might find your MG tea a lot more potent if you preload on Piracetam, Hydergine and/or an MAOI such as Syrian Rue or Moclobemide. LSAhuasca can be an EXTREMELY profound experience...

I'm glad you said this (Though I was going to try it anyway). I'm gonna try the morning glory + Syrian Rue combo in about a week. Sounds exciting. Over the past 2 or so weeks Morning Glory has become one of my all time favorite psychedelics, and for some reason I never seem to receive a single negative effect from them unlike my friends who try the same batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.