View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vasoconstriction risk with HBW is too generalized. Not all batches of HBW cause strong vasoconstriction. With some batches even low doses may make you feel nasty vasoconstriction but if you find the right vendors as I have, you may be able to handle a dose of as high as 30 seeds just fine. I've done 25 seeds on many many occasions and even did 30 seeds once and noticed no more vasoconstriction than I would with a much lower dose. I am lucky though because I happen to know of vendors whose seeds reliably feel very safe.

If you got seeds from the wrong vendor there's a chance that eating 25 seeds may in fact give you cramps. Shit, I've heard of people even getting pale and having bluish lips from eating 10 seeds so obviously the batch they had was too high in whatever alkaloids are responsible for the vasoconstriction. I believe the seeds I get are low in the vasoconstricting alkaloids and low in the sedating alkaloids but high in the psychedelic and stimulating alkaloids.

I wouldn't expect most of you to find HBW of the quality I get unless you trial and error tried a lot of vendors or messaged a guy like me who can tell you where to get the good stuff. A good rule of thumb is never order seeds from Ghana or India strains and only order seeds from Hawaii, Madagascar or Dominic Republic strains.

I wish I knew whether it's safe that I take vasodilating supplements with my HBW to lessen the risk of vasoconstriction. A guy on a forum was insisting to me that I'm playing with fire by taking vasodilating health drugs (like L-Arginine) to counteract the vasoconstriction of HBW. He was saying I shouldnt be making my body go in 2 opposite directions at once. However, HBW causes me a lot less muscle cramps when I take L-Arginine with it so I assume the combination is healthy. Any thoughts?

This Friday I'm prob going to take 35 grams of hopefully high quality Morning Glories that I got from a certain very popular well respected vendor. The setting I'll be taking them in is a George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic concert. Should be the perfect environment to trip. The last 2 times I saw P-Funk I was on HBW and had spectacular times. Y'all prob. think I'm nuts to be considering taking 35 g at once but last time I did MG seeds I took 25 grams and handled it quite easily and loved the trip. I think MG has a more ideal alkaloid mix (less nausea and more stimulation and visuals) than HBW.

I've noticed a variety of questions, comments, and wonderfully stated knowledge about HBWR seeds throughout this thread, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on this awesome substance.

How do I use them?

I use one of two methods:

1. Chew up a dose of seeds (15 for a solid trip, 20 for a hardcore trip) until they are mush (usually takes between 5-10 minutes for them to get this way)
I then carefully swallow the saliva which builds up in my mouth as a result of
holding the seed particles in place. I try not to swallow any seed particles.
The more fluid I swallow, the better the trip. After about 30 minutes since
time I begin chewing, I spit out the seed particles. Then it's about 2 hours
until I begin to feel noticable effects.

2. This method I have only used once, and plan on using again today. Using a hammer or mortar and pestle, break up the seeds into small pieces. They don't have to become a powder, just small so that he insides of the seeds are exposed. Then put them in your mouth like a handful of small pills and drink them down with a favorite drink. I did this as an experiment with 8 seeds and it was successful. Hopefully it works today.

How long until the effects are felt and what is it like?

I usually begin feeling a dose of 15-20 seeds around 1.5 hours after taking them. The beginning stage is one of euphoria and excitement. It's easy to laugh and enjoy life during this stage. At about the 3 hour mark, I am in full trip mode. I call it the peak and it's usually best experienced while watching a movie. I don't recommend moving around a lot. This 'trip' lasts for several hours, for me...and toward the end I'm usually just awake in bed, comfortable, watching TV, just waiting for the trip to wear down enough for me to fall asleep.

What is ego loss and how do I achieve it?

Ego loss is what shamans or modern-day users use to describe 'oneness with the universe' or 'harmony with nature'. Essentially, you're completely unconcerned with yourself and more aware of the relationships between everything in existence. You realize what the purpose of life is, and it's amazing. For me, I have also experienced the sensation of "knowing everything"---I ask myself questions and the answers are immediate and always there. It's a very satisfying feeling. My advice for someone wanting to experience this would be to watch a movie that's extremely meaningful or deep, because as you begin to ask yourself questions about 'why' things in the movie are happening, the answers become more and more apparent until you're one with everything. I recommend "Yellow Submarine" or "The Fountain" . Anything of that nature---profound story.

In the future you might want to consider making your HBW seeds into a finer powder. The more finely they're ground the better the alkaloids absorb. Try using a coffee grinder. Works like a charm :)

Coffee grinder. Will do---using a hammer today didn't work, so I'm chewing 15 up 5 at a time, then swallowing. Can I get a coffee grinder at any store pretty much?

My last trip was simply chewing up 5 seeds and swallowing. It wasn't very pleasant. I don't know why. But I have decided to stick to my original method of simply swallowing the resulting saliva that forms when holding the chewed seeds in my mouth. Swallowing the actual particles has, both times, resulted in a not so fun trip, overall...

Sorry to ask again, but do all of the good ones have that whitish fuzzy coating, or can they just have the hard, brown outer shell with almost none of that fuzz on them?

If they have -no- fuzz on them, they won't work out. If they have a little bit of whitish/grayish fuzz, I think they're still good. They'll be more gray in color than fuzzy, and the surface will be ridgeful and uneven.

If you got smooth surfaced, light tan to brown ones, I think you've lost out.

Need advice from experienced trippers.

Hi, I'm kind of new here, but I guess this is a good start lol. I have acquired 3.4 grams of Morning Glory Seeds (LSA) and I was wondering if this means that it wouldn't be smart to take these without doing an extraction of the LSA.

"PLEASE NOTE: Morning Glory seed has a hard seed coat. To aid germination, nick or cut the seed coat with a nail file or soak the seed overnight."

I don't see anything else that talks about harmful pesticides or anything that says "Do not consume".

This will be my first time trying LSA, but I've had my fair share of other substances before so I should be fine. But another question.... I'm going to be taking LSD in about a week, I've heard smoking a joint before hand is good, and to not bother mixing LSA in there because it will make the trip not as enjoyable?

Sorry for the confusing way I probably wrote this, but to sum it all up.

-Is mixing LSA and LSD good, or should I just stick to just pure LSD?

Thanks!:)

Don't mix LSA and LSD. Hell, if you have access to LSD, I'd say don't take LSA at all.

Yeah, but LSD is very..very...dry in the area I'm in (not going to mention). But, I currently don't have access to it anymore, in fact this is the first time I've ever seen true acid in over 4 years over here. And now the guy is all out, would it be worth my time or not? Thanks for your info.

papaown said:
Hi, I'm kind of new here, but I guess this is a good start lol. I have acquired 3.4 grams of Morning Glory Seeds (LSA) and I was wondering if this means that it wouldn't be smart to take these without doing an extraction of the LSA.

"PLEASE NOTE: Morning Glory seed has a hard seed coat. To aid germination, nick or cut the seed coat with a nail file or soak the seed overnight."

I don't see anything else that talks about harmful pesticides or anything that says "Do not consume".

This will be my first time trying LSA, but I've had my fair share of other substances before so I should be fine. But another question.... I'm going to be taking LSD in about a week, I've heard smoking a joint before hand is good, and to not bother mixing LSA in there because it will make the trip not as enjoyable?

Sorry for the confusing way I probably wrote this, but to sum it all up.

-Is mixing LSA and LSD good, or should I just stick to just pure LSD?

Thanks!:)

Lsd> lsa any day, and lsa mixed might ruin your trip, lsa has a LOT of negatives and no one will want to spend an lsd trip misourable.

Merged. Note that you'll find all sorts of information about what you're seeking in this thread, mostly in the archived old version (link on the first post of this thread).

Xorkoth said:
Merged. Note that you'll find all sorts of information about what you're seeking in this thread, mostly in the archived old version (link on the first post of this thread).

Thanks Xorkoth, sorry for the inconvenience.

this is an ongoing debate on bluelight8) , regardless of whether or not most people like LSA you should try it for yourself and see how you feel. The chances are you will like the LSD better, but you never know. its always good to try substances on their own the first time so you can get a better sense of the material. my advice would be take the MG unextracted, perhaps consider sublingual administration, and based off of what other people have said i would imagine smoking weed will make the trip a LOT better. i have only one experience with LSAs and it was with HBWR, it was a truly unpleasent trip but i plan to give it another try over the summer.:)

when i do it will be pulverized MG in an alcohol solution taken sublingually with 300mg of moclobemide and copious ammounts of weed.=D

I've tried mg two times now and both times I just crushed up the seeds and parachuted them spread out over a little over half an hour.

I'm not sure if I just have a strong stomach or what but I didn't experience the least bit of stomach discomfort....I really really liked the experiences

I've tried LSA number of times. I ve bought it as LSD, on papers, without any picture. It is my deduction it was LSA, i have not tested it, but i ate few times hbwr and mgs and it was very simmilar.

My last experience with this stuff was last time with LSA in my life. In group of 5 people we ate half of paper and 100 mg of MDMA. It was most scary, murky, dark and psychotic experiece i ever had. We all were tormented by sinusoid of darkness, fear and panic to overstimulation and psychotic craziness.

One of us needed two days to get back. The only thing he could say was "I don't know".

No more.

I like HBW seeds and have used them many times. I think much clearer, have some awesome euphoria, colors are absolutely gorgeous and music is GREATLY enhanced. no visuals though other than some CEV's and I get some leg cramps. maybe I should take more the next time I get some and maybe I'll get some bona fide OEVs.

patitafon said:
I've tried LSA number of times. I ve bought it as LSD, on papers, without any picture. It is my deduction it was LSA, i have not tested it, but i ate few times hbwr and mgs and it was very simmilar.

My last experience with this stuff was last time with LSA in my life. In group of 5 people we ate half of paper and 100 mg of MDMA. It was most scary, murky, dark and psychotic experiece i ever had. We all were tormented by sinusoid of darkness, fear and panic to overstimulation and psychotic craziness.

One of us needed two days to get back. The only thing he could say was "I don't know".

No more.

For the record I have never heard of people selling LSAs on paper... most people say that alkaloid extractions of LSA-containing plants do not work well anyway. Given that there are a large variety of other substances that blotter is adulterated with, like the DOX series, I would bet my money that it was one of them. or perhaps 5-MeO-AMT... I can see that becoming a horrible experience even by itself, let alone with MDMA (which would be dangerous to combine with 5-MeO-AMT). Plus 5-MeO-AMT produces many similar physiocal symptoms as LSA-containing plants (stomach cramping, diahhrea, uncomfortable physical feeling, etc).

The way he describes it sounds a lot like a DOx; the overstimulation and the psychotic craziness are especially reminiscent of DOC. Especially since one of them took two days to recover, and the duration of the DOx varies widely from person to person.

This substance had very strange dosage. We ate it alone in doses from half of paper to two and half and there wasn't any noticeable diffrence in strenght. It was only slightly stimulanting, but for long period of time, we couldnt sleep for 14-15 hours after ingestion.

I ate few times HBWR and there was lot of simmilarities. I never ate 5-meo-amt, but if it would be tryptamine or phenethylamine due to my pretty big experience, i think i would notice that. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.