View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
another question, if i were to order a kilo of heavenly blue morning glory seeds and grind them and soak them in everclear and let that sit for a few days would that be much easier and work. i want to get to were 1fl oz. is one 20g dose of morning glory seeds. so for a kilo thats 50 20g doses which would require 2 750ml bottles of everclear because 750ml converts to 25 fl. oz., is the math of this pretty solid u guys think? anybody got any suggestions as to how to go about doing this..

That's an awful lot of MG seeds to risk wasting buddy... What if your extraction doesn't go as planned and you're left with a weak or totally useless product? Wouldn't it be best to first start by doing extractions of small quantities of MG's so you don't use up your stash experimenting?

If you want to get into the LSA extraction game make sure to have the patience and dedication to read as much as you can on different extraction techniques before trying your luck at it. It's especially invaluable that you talk to folks who have been doing LSA extractions for months, years. You can find some of these LSA master chemists on Mycotopia.net.

As far as I've heard alcohol isn't that great of a way to extract LSA's from MG/HBR/Rivea. Actually, I've read of more people having success with water when it comes to LSA extractions than any solvent. Lab grade ether might work too, though I hear substituting lighter fluid doesn't work well at all.

If you're going to do a water extraction make sure to use mineral water as tap water can have toxins that harm the LSA's. Put your MG's in a tea bag and soak them in the water for an hour or 2 stirring frequently. Make sure this is done in a room that has as little heat and light and air blowing in it as possible because, remember kids, heat/light/air/moisture weaken LSA's. I've heard that doing a water soak for longer than an hour or 2 actually won't give you a stronger extract and may give you a weaker one.

Next just take out your tea bag and squeeze it lightly so as not to acidentally break it open and the water you're left with should be ripe with LSA's. I hear you can check whether your water has LSA's by pouring a little bit of your water into a cup that you sit next to a blacklight. If the water contains LSA's it's supposed to glow a certain color (I forget which) if it's near the blacklight. Just don't put your whole water extract near the blacklight since light and heat can harm LSA's.

Before you waste lots of time and effort doing LSA extractions i'd suggest you first simply try eating ground MG's. The good thing about eating them you know you're absorbing all the LSA's and not risking wasting some via an extraction. Just make sure your seeds are ground to as fine a powder as possible as the finer it is the better your body will absorb the LSA's. Have an empty stomach and mix the seed powder with some sort of thick, sweet beverage like a smoothie, malt, frosty, frozen capuccino, etc. Have patience waiting for the effects as they can take a full hours to fully manifest :)

I know this is mostly about MG/HBW, but does anybody have experience with Achnatherum robustum?

HBWR with no coating?

I've obtained 100 seeds from a trusted vendor and they are untreated and "have no outer coating". So my question is, would these particular seeds have been decoated machanicly/manualy or are they naturally coatless?

My biggest concern with trying LSAs was the extreme nausea usually associated with the coating. Reguardless, I will still expect some discomfort during the experience.

My guess is they are not naturally uncoated. If they are, then they are most likely unfertile, or not mature.

I don't think the coating has much to do with nausea.

PsyGhost said:
I don't think the coating has much to do with nausea.

This will be my first experience so I havent tried it either way, but this is what I've always heard

i bout some seeds from a 'trusted vendor' that were huskless... they were inactive/bunk. From what ive read, most huskless HBWR seeds are bunk too.

morninggloryseed said:
They are not A. Nervosa if they do not have the woody coating. Your seeds are bunk.

I certainly hope not. Heres the description from the web site

These untreated seeds are imported directly from Ghana. Not nearly as high quality as our organic Hawaiian seeds, but we still guarantee about a 20% germination rate. These are indeed A. nervosa seeds, but are a different strain and don't have the fuzzy coating associated with seeds from Hawaii

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll just see how things work out, if they are bunk, thts $3 down the crapper.

Wait let me be clear about something here. What coating are you taling about? The brown, hardy shell? Or that white fuzzy, fungal-looking coating. Because I've got some seeds that have the shell, but have very very little of that fuzzy white shit on the outside. Just tiny bits. But they look the same as HBWR seeds I've looked up online, minus the fuzz.

merged in a question about HBWR seeds with no coating.

What I'd like to know is if anyone can confirm that smoking the outer coating of Woodrose seeds has any effect? There's scattered accounts on forums of people getting buzzed from smoking simply the outer skin, not the seeds themselves. Science says LSA's are destroyed by heat so how could one get psychoactive effects from smoking the coating? I assumed people were lying or experiencing placebo but last year I saved a whole bunch of old seed coatings, anyway. One night while on a bit of DXM I packed a bowl or 2 of seed coatings in my bong and smoked it and could have sworn I did instantly feel more relaxed and tingly. I equate this though to most likely placebo and wishful thinking.

I would bet it's placebo. Of course I have not tried it. Last I heard the outer coating does not contains any LSAs anyway (nor does it contain cyanogen glycosides as has been suggested).

I was looking at an older thread about sublingual LSA but I don't want to bump it.
I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and how effective it is a reducing nasua. I would just try it myself, but past experience with just munching them has made me terrified of 13+ hours of dying. I'v got one good does left, and was thinking about giving it one last shot.

I have tried it and I recommend it. It requires a larger dose for the same level of effect however, by about a third (approximately). Just take the seeds and chew them up as completely as possible, and then let them sit in your mouth as a slurry of saliva and seed pulp for as long as possible... I swish them around sometimes and try to get them mainly between the cheek and gums and under the tongue. I try to hold it for up to an hour... it gets difficult after a while. Then spit it out. Don't swallow any of it. I've done this twice and both times it produced a very clean-feeling high... there was little to no vasoconstriction and no nausea or bodyload. The trip was a little lower-impact too... but it was very euphoric and overall a great experience. It was not particularly deep... there's something about going through physical hell that really kicks a psychedelic experience up to the next level.

So it turns out these seeds I've aquired are the Ghana strain. 8) From what I hear the worst kind of HBWR to possibly buy.

But it says there is still an LSA content but much weaker than the potent hawiian strain. So should I just multiply my dose?

I've tried looking for acual numbers on the lsa content of these seeds but got conflicting results.

Funny you shuld mention this as this conversation came up, earlier. According to Terence McKenna, LSD made from HBWR would result in effects similar to psilocybin, at least, that was his hypothesis.

bardo5, I have never tripped on those "ghana" strand seeds. I think you've been totally ripped off. I've taken like 30 of those seeds at once before. You could try, but I think you'll just end up with a stomach ache.

I got some real HWBR seeds, with the slightly fuzzy/grayish surface. If I ate 30 of those, I think the body load would actually be fatal, or at least dangerous. A really strong dose of these is 12 (mentally and physically speaking).

Anyways, if a vendor sends me those little popcorn-looking seeds, I just trash them and count it as a loss.

lazydullard said:
bardo5, I have never tripped on those "ghana" strand seeds. I think you've been totally ripped off. I've taken like 30 of those seeds at once before. You could try, but I think you'll just end up with a stomach ache.

Yeah the ghana seeds are a complete waste of fucking time. I was hoping for a miracle. I ate atleast 60 of those things and felt nothing

I got some real HWBR seeds, with the slightly fuzzy/grayish surface. If I ate 30 of those, I think the body load would actually be fatal, or at least dangerous. A really strong dose of these is 12 (mentally and physically speaking).

Yeah my next endeavor will definitely be straight up hawaiian. A little more expensive but much more woth it I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.