View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my second MG experience yesterday... very ambivalent regarding whether or not I'll pursue it again.

Summary: Grueling, crippling nausea the first couple hours, amazing second half of the experience.

Preparation: Bought 12.5g untreated MG seeds from a local florist and ground them up with a coffee grinder, capping all of the matter (this used up 45 caps). I insist upon swallowing the plant matter because the only two times I've gotten psychedelic effects from these seeds have been ingesting them, not using extracts.

The Trip:

t + 0: It's 2:30pm and I down the seeds, feeling slight unease at the memory of my last, horrible experience with MGs. Hoping a better set (feeling great at the start of Summer!) and setting (it's a beautiful and sunny Summer day out and I have the house alone until at least 10pm) remedy this.

t + 30: Not feeling much except a slight nausea and lethargy. At this point, everything is very manageable.

t + 1:30: Now everything is really kicking into gear. The effects are becoming VERY noticeable (OEVs and CEVs and a dreamy, haze-like distortion of sound) but is difficult for me to pay attention to because the nausea is becoming absolutely crippling. I can feel it in every cell of my body and the vasoconstriction and aching muscles (mostly my inner thighs) isn't helping. I feel mostly poisoned and the nausea is as strong as when I was hospitalized with DKA. Just want this to be over... I vape up some ganja in an attempt to help. It doesn't lessen the nausea, but significantly increases the visual nature of the trip.

t + 2:00: After some significant vomiting, the nausea has finally just about dissipated completely. At this point, I'm feeling fantastic! I lay outside in the warmth (it was probably about 82 degrees out with full sun) in my backyard with some headphones on, listening to radiohead. The music sounds absolutely ASTOUNDING at this point (really, just as good as a strong acid trip! I'm quite surprised at this), it really melts over me and some closed-eye visual/audio synesthesia can be observed. The body high, now that the nausea is gone, is really out of this world, I am rolling around in the grass as if I'm rolling face on good pills, shuddering with ecstasy at the way the blades touch my skin. Movement seems to be a very big part of the experience for me: even while sitting on the couch or walking, I can't help but spontaneously moving around, in a fluid sort of way, it feels like a kind of dancing, as I'm infected by some spirit of movement. And, it just feels good to move. Outside, I stare awhile at the plants in my yard and the grass... the open eye visuals have a very organic feel to them, and are surprisingly reminiscent to those of a potent 2g cubensis trip. Closed eye visual, on the other hand, are a sort of weird mix between tryptamine organic qualities and phenethylamine characteristics, like lush 2c-e colors. The organic patterns seem to undergo digitalization/transformation into more mordern looking phen visual patterns, and vice versa.

t + 2:30: I go back inside and play some piano (mostly Chopin, some Rachmaninoff, a few of my own pieces), and am further amazed by this trip. Usually, entactogens are the drugs most conducive to music playing for me, as they allow me to open and be passionate more so than others... but this drug takes the cake for great music playing. I had crazy synesthesia seeing tracers move to the notes, and my playing was better than ever.

t + 3 to remainder... I lay down on my couch listening to music, getting lost in it. After an hour or so, i fall asleep (it's about 6pm now) and don't wake up until midnight. After I wake up, I go back to bed shortly, still feeling tired and wake up the next day. No hangover to speak of, a pleasant afterglow, I feel great.

So, basically this trip was very intense which surprised me... I'm split whether or not to do it again because while the second half blew me away and I loved it, the first half, mostly the nausea, was absolutely awful. Hmm..

^powdered HBWR sublingually/buccally in a saliva solution is my quick and dirty 'extraction' technique. Doesn't help with vasoconstriction really but nausea has always been mild at most. I only extracted once (straight d-H2O) but it was similar to just holding it in my mouth so I haven't bothered again.

^powdered HBWR sublingually/buccally in a saliva solution is my quick and dirty 'extraction' technique. Doesn't help with vasoconstriction really but nausea has always been mild at most. I only extracted once (straight d-H2O) but it was similar to just holding it in my mouth so I haven't bothered again.

How long do you do that for?

^I'm not sure what you are asking. I hold it in my mouth for about half an hour if that answer your question :)
I feel the saliva amount after that point makes it too dilute. In all honesty it is probably absorbed shortly after starting but I'm not sure and like the taste (errr at least I like the taste as I associate it with what is soon to come :D).

^I'm not sure what you are asking. I hold it in my mouth for about half an hour if that answer your question :)
I feel the saliva amount after that point makes it too dilute. In all honesty it is probably absorbed shortly after starting but I'm not sure and like the taste (errr at least I like the taste as I associate it with what is soon to come :D).

Oh that answered my question. Thank you.

I will have to try this out, eating loads of MG's is no longer an option for me, had some amazing trips from them but have become to familiar with the stomach uncomfort of them. The trip itself is one of my favorites though.

^It's the same active ingredient (ergine) so hopefully you get the same positives with limited negatives.

ack i had such high hopes for Rivea corymbosa; then they finally arrived in the post with some free blue lotus <3 and YUCK. i prefer the taste of morning glory seeds any day of the week, so i think i will continue to go with my bodily natural reaction !

HBWR turned a bit dark on me quite suddenly; an interesting trip mind

Rivea_corymbosa.jpg

^ Rivea flowers

Had a great experience on 12 HBWr last night. Didn't eat for the day so didn't feel much nausea on the come-up. Danced all night. Got lost in the moment and the pleasure of realizing it's all gravy once more.

Yeah I think the longer you go without eating beforehand the better. Preferably like 24 hours but that's obviously hard to do. And then not drinking much liquid either for a few hours before and after eating the seeds.

Last week, I did ten HBWR seeds - it was my first time doing LSA. It was an interesting experience, for sure. I mashed the seeds up as good as I could, then steeped them in a little water and some lemon juice for about five hours. I read that sublingual administration helps reduce the nausea, so I did that, but the lemon juice made me salivate so I ended up swallowing all of the liquid in my mouth while not swallowing any seeds.

I didn't feel any threshold effects until an hour after dosing - the following hour was a strange, flu-like delirium, which made me very tired and groggy/disoriented. I got up and took a shower and ended up making myself vomit since I thought this was all the trip was going to be, but after I threw up, I felt so much better. The vasoconstriction was much worse than I had expected, but after a couple teaspoons of ground ginger, my stomach settled and the vasoconstriction seemed to ease up.

The trip was about what I thought it would be after browsing topics in BL and Erowid. Nothing really in the way of visuals, but I noticed a pleasant euphoria that made thinking about things really pleasurable - it was like I had a fresh perspective on life. I had a good time watching 2001: A Space Odyssey and managed to fall asleep about 7 hours after dosing.

All in all, I don't really know what to think about LSA. The vasoconstriction and come-up were less than ideal...they kinda sucked, actually....but once you get past all the shitty stuff at the beginning of the trip, it's actually pretty cool. I have another ten seeds, so I'll probably give them another shot in a week or two.

Glad to hear you got something out of HBWR MrGrunge.

Most people underestimate HBWR (I know I did) but if you do enough they can provide a very full-on trip.

I had 8 for my first go and got some mild effects like you describe and nothing really in the way of visuals so I decided to do 14 for my next attempt.

I had tripped on 600mg DXM the day before so I don't know if that had something to do with it but wow. Strongest visuals and strongest trip in general of my life. I couldn't believe it. I'm just glad that they taught me not to underestimate them while I was safely at home because it was that strong a trip that in public things could have gone very wrong.

Can anybody tell me what the reaction would be if you combined hbw seeds with gabapentin?..would there be any bad effects?...or will the hbw seeds even work if you take it with gabapentin?,,

if anybody may know please post a reply.thanks

^^^ are you subscribed to gabapentin? AFAIK there is no adverse reaction between the two... if you are not prescribed the neurontin i would say don't bother with the combo, but if you are prescribed that gabapentin i think you should be alright to take HBWR.

30 hbwr seeds combined with weed had me with visuals similar and on par with about 25mg 2cb..rainbow tracers off everything...fair bit of nausea tho.

^^ 25 fresh HBWR is a major overdose. you must have had older/less potent seeds.

No,im not prescribed neurontin.I was just wondering if i take neurontin will it weaken the effects of the trip or not.and if the neurontin would add to to the vasoconstriction or not.AND.....if taking the neurontin would even HELP with the vasoconstriction.Or if its cool to take the GABA while coming down to chill a bit,without loosing psychedelic efffects.But thanks for replying.

HBWR are one of the most mentally confusing psychedelics i've done, out of like 20+ psychedelics, and its also already pretty sedating... i think that adding the gabapentin will add to the confusion/sedation too much for it to be worth taking... should be fine for on the comedown, but yeah i doubt the gaba will add much enjoyment to the peak of your HBWR experience.

if the trip does get pretty out of hand and you start to freak out, though, the gabapentin might be a good call then. but yeah i say save it for the comedown... thats when i would personally take it haha :)

Are Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds safe?

I just made another thread about Amanita mushrooms but I'm also wondering how safe these are. Again from what I've read they seem pretty safe but when I go and read erowid reports on them I get 24 listed health reports on the woodrose seeds. One of these reports claims that there poisonous although I have trouble finding that anywhere else.

"H. B. Woodrose Can Kill You... Use Caution"
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=7110

Thoughts?

Again - this is a question about a psychedelic which we don't cover here so am going to move to PD :)

BDD > PD

They cause nausea and physical discomfort to some people (like, to a large portion of people taking them, like 1/4th to 1/3rd), which can be extremely unpleasant if also tripping hard. They generally have a worse body load than most psychedelics.

However, that post in erowid doesn't seem to be well based in fact - Yes, there are cyanogenic glycosides in HBWR seeds, as well as craploads of other plants. However, they are not present in quantities that are harmful at normal recreational doses. It comes off as someone who sees, and misunderstands, a fact, and then posts a panic'ed warning without doing further research. As far as I'm aware, there are no reports of deaths from HBWR.

The body load is not caused (or not primarally caused) by the cyanogenic gylcosides - certainly the symptoms aren't really consistent with that theory. They do make some people feel really shitty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.