Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread - Second Iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate 3 seeds a while ago.

It was enough to trip and enough to make me puke.
There were no visuals at all but it was a strong trip (very uncomfortable at first but nice after vomiting).

After reading this and lots of trip reports, it seems to me that it's pretty much a puke drug.
Why not get a more pleasant psychedelic?
It's not as if more useful work is done in front of the porcelain altar, is it?
It sure isn't for me.
I can deal with functional puking, but I have no use for persistent nausea.

Ayahuasca, peyote, and iboga are also "puke drugs" but all certainly very useful...in fact numerous religions and belief systems have grown around all of these 'puke drugs.' Sometimes the best psychedelics are not always the most pleasant ones.

Although I have to admit...I've had many wonderful trips on baby woodrose seeds, but in the end, I find the MGS far better.

Ptah said:
After reading this and lots of trip reports, it seems to me that it's pretty much a puke drug.
Why not get a more pleasant psychedelic?
It's not as if more useful work is done in front of the porcelain altar, is it?
It sure isn't for me.
I can deal with functional puking, but I have no use for persistent nausea.

I have no experience with ayahuasca and iboga, but I've tried peyote several times, and didn't like it much.
I suppose I might occasionally use it if nothing else were available, but I still consider the nausea a counterproductive distraction, as do several ritual users I've communicated with.
Psychedelics aren't and can never be "comfortable" (unless you dose yourself with downers the moment it gets oh so slightly ego-threatening...you know who I'm referring to...but by that time these drugs are no longer psychedelic...)
Anyway I refuse to believe that they need to be physically unpleasant.

I got more out of 500mg mescaline than I got out of all my peyote experiments. Easily.
And no "The more you purify yourself the sweeter it tastes" bs can convince me or the " native americans" (I hate that label) I referred to otherwise.

So no one can give me advice on how the effects of the different Morning Glory varieties I mentioned work?? Oh well... As I often do I'll have to resort to self-experimentation since psychonauts don't always have the answers I need.

What brands of MG's have you fellas tried? Anyone used K-Mart Martha Stewart, Wal-Mart Gardens, Burpee, or American Seed brand? Which brands do you recommend and which do you warn against?

Do you guys think I'd be safe preloading on Moclobemide (a stimulating MAO-a) before dosing on MG seeds? I can't find this combo anywhere online but many folks have safely combined Moclobemide with DMT or Shrooms. For those who don't know MAO inhibition before certain Tryptamine psychedelics can lead to a massive magical potentiation (def. NOT for lightweights).

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that moclobemide would be safe to combine. My reasoning is that I have heard of syrian rue used to safely potentiate LSA-containing seeds (though I have not tried it), and moclobemide is generally considered safer (although again I have never tried it at all).

I don't have a lot of experience with these... really I've only used them a few times. And most of those times have been with HBWR.

Yeah the 3 times I preloaded on Rue before HBW trips all felt physically safe, although, some of those trips were cursed with a lot of nausea and sleepiness/lethargy. I dread dealing with those feelings again but did love how Rue added to the trip so looks like Moclobemide is my best bet (that or if I had pure Harmine or Harmaline). Is it true Moclobemide is stimulating bc if so this would be great for counteracting the sleepy feeling LSA can bring.

Xorkoth, would you assume Deprenyl would be a more dangerous MAO to combine with LSA than Moclobemide or Rue? The fact Deprenyl is an MAO-b at low doses and MAO-a at high doses (10+ mg) suggests to me I'd need a high dose if I wanted to potentiate LSA. As far as I know it's MAO-a inhibition that potentiates Tryptamines, not MAO-b, right?

Do Moclobemide or Deprenyl cause vasoconstriction? And would I need to preload on Moclobemide for days (so it builds up in my system) for it to potentiate LSA or can I just take a single 150-300 mg dose an hour or 2 before taking my LSA?

Your welcome Xorkoth. Thanks The Wizard.

Hope everyone enjoys the 10 page paper on morning glory seeds and epimerisation by chemist/researcher peter webster--I have communicated with him personally and he's a very smart guy.

As morninggloryseed has mentioned in the past, Mr. Webster has stirred things up.

Pages 25 to 35 on volume 1...go to www.earthrites.org

It is entitled "secret recipes" and was presented at the LSD symposium last year with Dr. Hofmann in attendance for his 100th birthday.

Here is the direct link:

http://earthrites.org/invisible-college/IC-Beltane07sm.pdf

Nice artwork too.

I once did a cold water extraction on 3 grams of MG seeds and also acidified the water to pH = 4 with a dash of 99% DL tartaric acid powder for wine making from ebay.

I put the finely crushed seed powder (ground up with short bursts in an electric coffee grinder) into an empty teabag then stapled it shut and put the bag in 1/2 liter of distilled cold water on top a magnetic stirrer for 20 minutes. I dropped the stirrer into the jar of water and suspended the teabag in the water by trapping the string from the teabag in a tiny hole I drilled in the center of the closed lid. I sealed the hole in the lid with glue from a hot glue gun (hobby lobby). This allowed the teabag to spin like crazy above the spinning stir bar while allowing a funnel cloud of white actives to pour out of it (very visible). I put aluminum foil around the jar to shield it from light.

For 20 minutes I watched as a tornado of white polar actives exited the teabag and went into the water as the stir bar spun on high setting. The result was a crystal clear extraction (none of the nauseating non-polars got into the water as they are not water soluble) with tons of white polar actives in the water that looked like salt. So long as your extraction does not go on for too long, the nauseating nonpolars will stay inside the teabag. When the stirring stopped, the white polar actives (like salt) would congregate on the bottom of the jar 1/4" thick and would go back into suspension by shaking the jar with lid closed.

After 20 minutes (when I could notice no more actives streaming out of the teabag) I put the jar with teabag still hanging in it into the fridge for another 25 minutes to soak some more. I shook the jar about 3 times during that period. After the 25 minutes was up, I opened the jar and threw away the teabag. Then I took the jar of water and blended it in a blender for 3 minutes to help chop and mix the polar white material at the bottom of the jar into the water.

I drew up some of the crystal clear water from the top of the liter jar with a medicine dropper full of the water and put it in front of a 4 foot blacklight tube and it glowed an intense bluish-white color telling me that my extraction was successful.

I can't stress enough how helpful it is to test some of your solution under a blacklight. The indoles in the extraction glow bright whitish blue just as LSD does.

I drank the water and felt the effects in 2 to 2.5 hours. I went from a foul mood to profound euphoria--felt like the mental effects of LSD with the euphoria without many visuals, however my hearing and sense of smell was enhanced significantly. I was in a shopping mall when the effects hit--all the sudden I felt it coming on and I announced to my wife how good I was feeling. The women trying on clothes in changing room would come out to look at themselves in the mirror in the pavilion and they seemed to transform into models. I found it hard not to watch as the euphoria increased. We passed by several speakers blasting out music and I just wanted to stop and sit under the speakers because the music sounded so good. My hearing and appreciation of music was increased by a huge factor. We went to more stores and again I was super-impressed with music. It felt similar to a small dose of mdma. The anti-depressant effects were very high and I could not believe that the seed extraction was working so well. We passed by a bath and body and the smells coming from the store were again intensified. I was a grinning idiot from ear to ear. I went from a bad mood when I drank it to a state of ecstasy when it kicked in nearly 2.5 hours later, the transformation was amazing...I hadn't felt so good in a very long time. The extraction worked and the mental effects were amazing. The beautiful effects lasted a few hours and then subsided. I thank God for that amazing afternoon.

Would complement Mescaline doses very nicely, plan to combine in the future.

In my on-going research to understand how hydrolization (water extract) of morning glory seeds work, I found this article by chemist Peter Webster very helpful (see pages 25-35).

http://earthrites.org/invisible-coll...eltane07sm.pdf

Water extraction of the seeds was also the method used by the Shaman's for thousands of years.

In the article, the chemist/independent researcher who has had experience with the seeds describes how water extraction causes via epimerisation 3 conformation forms of LSA/iso-LSA to form...hence the activity via water extraction when performed correctly. The chair form of LSD is then compared with the chair form of iso-LSA (formed in water after about 45 minutes to 1 hour) and conclusions are made. 3 ergine variants formed from ergine in the water over the course of an hour or so may just result in a mixture that is so effective according to him.

I believe the addition of 99% DL tartaric acid powder that I added to the solution not only increased the extraction of the polar actives from the teabag but also augmented the solubility of ergine/isoergine in body fluids since these alkaloids easily form salts with acids such as tartaric, ascorbic or even hydrochloric. These salts are far more soluble than the freebase alkaloids.

Xorkoth (old post here):
As for LSA, I find it to be definitely more sedating and more natural feeling than LSD. If you can get past the nausea, you'll enter into a wonderful trip which generally is much less visual than LSD, but includes instead feelings of extreme euphoria and closeness with nature. I've never tried high doses of either, but while I enjoy LSD more for various reasons, I find LSA to be very enjoyable as well. But unless you can make a damn good extraction, you'll first experience nausea on a level above that which most psychedelics give.

Last edited:
I've read some of Webster's writings and don't understand why he doesn't just consume his MG seeds ground up and swallowed rather than the extractions he describes. How could water or solvent extractions possibly get as much LSA's into your body?

If you ask me, morning glory seeds have lost their high potency strains over the centuries due to lack of cultivation for high-potency seeds by indigenous populations.

The morning glory seeds eaten for psychoactive effects by everyone now were bred for flower color, not psychoactivity.

is it actually effective to grind HBWR seeds and put them in gelcaps? I always used cold water extract until now, but I don't like the taste...

It helps to read towards the end of the paper his experiments with migraine tablets and how he was able to make them psychedelic by hydrolizing them in water with a small amount of ash, then he neutralized the ash with acidic acid to make it palatable.

Eating the migraine tablets had zero psychedelic effects even up to 5 tablets as he has a prescription (for years). Yet when he hydrolized them with water he created an equilibrium state between the ergine/isoergine in the water and they become psychedelic when the water was drunk. The more tablets he hydrolized, the stronger the psychedelic effects.

His theory is that an extra conformation is formed by ergine (LSA) while in the water or a solution for an hour or more--A portion of the LSA changes into iso-LSA chair conformation. It just so happens that LSD is super potent only as the chair conformation. Comparisons are then made between the activity of the chair conformations vs. the boat conformations. The chair conformation of iso-LSA which is formed by ergine after an hour or more in water is believed by him to have potency since it is locked into this conformation and will not flip back to the inactive boat form.

3 drugs conformations are created in water or solution. This epimerisation happens with all lysergic acid derivatives in solution. The equilibrium between the 3 conformations takes some time to complete, about an hour. Then stabilizes. Then it can be taken into the brain to elicit its activity.

I had to read the paper several times to understand it.

The water extraction was the method used by the Shamans for thousands of years...they did not eat the seeds. Eating the seeds is also somatically unpleasant and nauseating and detracts from the psychedelic effects imho.

PsyGhost said:
If you ask me, morning glory seeds have lost their high potency strains over the centuries due to lack of cultivation for high-potency seeds by indigenous populations.

The morning glory seeds eaten for psychoactive effects by everyone now were bred for flower color, not psychoactivity.
No doubt...interesting thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
I dont doubt a method of water extraction, but there are reports that traditional dosage can be as few as 13 seeds. If this is the case, then potency has been lost.

The old version of this thread has overgrown and been archived.

What's the highest dosage of Morning Glory seeds anyone on this forum has tried? I'm trying to put into perspective how high my LSA tolerance is to most people's. At what dosage does Morning Glory become dangerous because of the vasoconstriction? I'm hesistant to go above 25 grams of seeds because of this.

Also, I need to know how much Moclobemide tablets to order. Does one need to be on Moclobemide a few days before they can use it to potentiate psychedelic tryptamines or will a single dose of Moclobemide an hour or before taking my LSA suffice?

I've eaten 26 grams of MG seeds, however;

1. i'm 280 pounds
2. may have bought some inactive species of MG
3. used low quality department-store seeds
4. did not fully grind the seeds
5. did not consume on a completely empty stomach

I got some painful leg cramps for like 20 minutes during the peak, but that was it. It was a weak trip though -- my recent 12 hwbr was far more intense -- with no cramping at all. So I think the MG seeds I got were just abnormally weak and old.

Yeah you prob. got weak MG seeds. When I did 25 grams of Heavenly Blues (Burpee brand) I had a trip which was more mentally intense and visual than the majority of my HBW trips (which have usually been 15-25 seeds). Did you do an extraction when you ate the MG's? For my 25 gram trip I simply ground the seeds to a very fine powder and mixed them with an ice cream malt.

The fact you had a a full stomach shouldn't affect the intensity of the trip. I'm not aware that one's weight has anything to do with how strongly LSA affects them. It's interesting that MG's gave you cramps yet HBW did not. In my experience HBW has caused me a lot more cramping than MG's (though some batches of HBW did cause little to no cramps). MY 25 g MG trip didn't cause me noticeable cramps but this could have been because of the fact I was on vasodilators.

From the reports I've read online it looks like in general people get intenser more visual trips from MG than HBW. MG also causes me less nausea and sleepiness and gives me more energy. Overall, I currently find MG to be a better trip. I can't wait to find some really primo MG's and gobble them up. If anyone wants some really clean, intense feeling HBW seeds go with the Madagascar variety.

the HWBR was way way more sedating than the MG for sure. It felt like I had been up nearly 24 hours (although it had only been 10 or so), although it faded quickly when the trip started.

I didn't do any extraction on the MG seeds -- i mixed the powder and chunks of seed with apple sauce and ate. I threw them up around 3 or 4 hours later. I prolly should have kept them down until like hour 5, but I started thinking it wasn't going to work.

the HWBR seeds, I simply chewed throuroughly for like 2 minutes and swallowed.

Interestingly, I had bad effects the day after HWBR -- i had muscle and joint pain and general increase in sensitivity. It was like having the flu. I'm not sure if the seeds caused it, or if I just ended up catching a sick because I was tripping all night wearing nothing but boxers in a cold house. even if it was the seeds, though, it's easily worth it.

Maybe your body couldn't handle the vasoconstriction side effect of HBW. As far as your MG experience I doubt vomiting that far into it would weaken and shorten the trip. I'm of the opinion so long as you've had the seeds in your stomach a couple hrs or more all the LSA's have absorbed. Perhaps MG would give u less nausea if u mixed the ground seeds in an ice cream malt, smoothie, frozen capuccino, snowball or some other thick, sweet beverage. I hear preloading on fresh Ginger can help as well.

Am I the only person that gets an intense burning feeling in my stomach sometimes on HBW? I wondered if it made my stomach more acidic and if that was so maybe taking a drug which is a base (such as an antacid) would smooth this out. I noticed MG didn't give my stomach the burning feeling at all. It's weird but sometimes when I'm on HBW my farts or burps seem almost as if they lessen the nausea. I'll be real sick one moment then make a big fart and suddenly the nausea has disappeared. I also notice my post-HBW bowel movements come out very smoothly usually as one big medium density turd.

I wonder how many people besides me find MG more stimulating and visual with less nausea and cramps than HBW. I'm really curious abut feedback from other BLers on how they'd compare their personal experiences with MG, HBW and Rivea. I'm also curious how people would compare the effects of diff. MG strains (Heavenly Blue, Flying Saucers, Pearly Gates, Wedding Bells, Milky War, Blue Star, etc) and different HBW strains (Hawaii, Madagascar, Dominican Republic, etc).

One thing I'd like to see investigated is whether MG/HBW/Rivea have anti-bacterial, immune system boosting properties. MG's were often used by Mexican indian (Mazatec, Zapotec, Chinantec, Mixtec) tribes as a way to cure sicknesses. They believed the sick suffering person could be cured by ingesting Morning Glory-laced water. Was it just these primitive people's imaginations or do the seeds actually in fact heal the body?

It seems as if some of the more popular natural psychedelics throughout history cleanse the body of toxins and I'd be willing to bet they boost the immune system. I feel like plant allies like Psilocybe, Morning Glory, Peyote, etc return humans to their natural mental state of being (rewiring our minds to the way they are meant to function) and physical state.

Salvia divinorum, Amanita muscaria and Syrian Rue/Caapi I'd be willing to bet also can heal the body of toxins and strengthen us.

LSA extraction suggestions

i came across this on clearwhitelight.com, it sounds good and reasonable but i would like to know if anyone has tried this and what your thoughts on the extraction are. I do have a few questions, if one was using 3500 heavenly blue MG seeds how many doses would this extraction yeild possibly? and also in the last step it says you could evap. the alchohol is that possible and would the resulting product be clean?

Items you will need:
128 HBWR seeds (No hulls); seeds only. Or 3,500 MG seeds.

A 50ml liquor bottle. These are the small 'airplane'-sized ones. It should state 50ml on it.
A quantity of non-polar solvent. Coleman's White gas is perfect.
190 proof Everclear, or Vodka. Ethanol. (Bacardi 151)
A small funnel comes in handy.
A couple small jars with good lids.
Some coffee filters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extraction Instructions:

Grind the seeds to a powder in a coffee grinder. Place the powder into a small jar and pour in enough of the White gas to fully cover the seeds. You can't really use too much, but leave enough room so it shakes well. Screw on the lid and shake well for a few minutes. Let it sit for an hour or so, shaking every so often. Shaking is good.
Pour the seed / solvent solution through a coffee filter and let it drain. Putting the coffee filter into a funnel first works well. The solvent is no longer needed but can be re-used, so save it. Spread out the seed mush on the coffee filter which it is in, on a plate or something, and let the seeds fully dry out. You should smell no solvent when it's fully evaporated. It may take a couple of hours. Don't breathe the solvent fumes, if you can help it.
Once the seeds are fully dried place the powder into a clean small jar, with a good tight fitting lid. Fill the 50ml liquor bottle with your Ethanol (this is to measure it) and then dump that amount into the small jar with the seed powder. Shake well. This should sit for 3 days and shake it whenever you think of it.
Okay 3 days have passed, it's almost time. Again, stick a coffee filter in a funnel and then pour the Ethanol / Seed solution into the filter. Let it drain thoroughly. Once it's close you can squeeze out excess alcohol, but be careful not to break the filter. You can now discard the seeds, as the good stuff is in the alcohol solution that's left.
Now pour the solution into the 50ml liquor bottle and let it sit for a couple of hours. Any seed powder remaining in the solution will settle to the bottom. Once it has, pour off the alcohol, rinse the seed crap out of the bottle, and pour the alcohol solution back in. Add enough of the clean alcohol to fill the bottle and you're done.
You now have 50ml of drinkable alcohol containing the extract from 150 HBWR seeds, which should be a yellowish, clear liquid, that looks much like tequila.
Normal dosage of HBWR is 5-12 seeds, MG about 200-400 seeds and it's easy to measure. You can either get an oral syringe at any drug store that has a 1-5ml gradated gauge on the side, or use measuring spoons. 1tsp=5ml of liquid. 1ml of the 'tincture' = 3 seeds. I've found that 3ml of the liquid works very well. Mix with water, or anything else.
This method works very well, is easy to dose, easy to prepare, and you should not experience any nausea. Also, because the LSA's are extracted they take way less longer to start working. Expect to feel the effects within an hour.
Keep your little bottle in the fridge. Heat is bad for all tryptamines.
Something to note: You can evaporate off the alcohol and you will be left with the alkaloids which you can put into gel caps etc. But, this is harder to dose, etc. I've found the alcohol method very easy and precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.