• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

safe to snort vicodin?

RollinWitMyHomies

Bluelighter
I just wanted to try something new, and I couldn't find anything about this on erowid, so i came here. Is it okay to snort the same amount I would take orally?
Jennifer!

It wont hurt you or anything, but i think you will like oral better.. The last part of that sentence didnt sound right by the way.

Hmm, you can. It'll just a) take a while and hurt like a bitch, and b) not really be much better than eating it.

Yah, I once snorted several percodan (whatever..the one with APAP in it) and didn't get that great an effect. My guess is that it wasn't absorbed well nasally as I was snorting a big fucking ass pile of powder.
Also codeine is BAD to snort...clogs up your nostrils and isn't pleasent. I don't know if hydro would be similar...both are well taken up orally so I would just eat it.

if i remember correctly a 5/500 pill of vicodin weighs about 700 - 800mg...minus the 500mg of acetaminophen (tylenol) and 5 mg of hydrocodone yer left with 195 - 295mg of pill binders and fillers...
so lets do the math...
yer snorting 695 - 795mg of unrecreational powder to get a buzz out of the 5mg of hydrocodone...
is it me or does something just not add up??

Thanks for the responses guys! I'm not sure if this question is really allowed, but is it safe to snort percocet?
Jennifer

Originally posted by RollinWitMyHomies:
Thanks for the responses guys! I'm not sure if this question is really allowed, but is it safe to snort percocet?
Jennifer

It is NOT safe, thats why I said "DON'T snort it."

Gee. Percocet = acetominophen + oxycodone
Vicoden = acetominophen + hydrocodone
Its not safe to snort acetominophen. So you'll want to stay away from snorting anything with acetominophen.

Safe? Well, it's isn't going to really pose a risk to you, however, it's a foolish practice.. you're snorting 500mg-900mg of powder for no more then 10mg narcotic.. all that powder will just clog your nose and you're lucky if you get hige from it at all...
PLEASE PEOPLE, listen, I have done this before - just eat the pills on an empty stomach, you will be just as happy..

Originally posted by PhreeX:
Safe? Well, it's isn't going to really pose a risk to you, however, it's a foolish practice.. you're snorting 500mg-900mg of powder for no more then 10mg narcotic.. all that powder will just clog your nose and you're lucky if you get hige from it at all...
PLEASE PEOPLE, listen, I have done this before - just eat the pills on an empty stomach, you will be just as happy..

You have done this?? WHY???? Must of hurt!

Just posted this in the Perc/Hydro thread, it belongs here. It is safe to snort Vics/Lortabs, but it is also stupid... as Phreex can tell you...
Hmm, info update:
First, acetaminophen is only hepatotoxic in large acute doses. There are a couple metabolic pathways, one (actually 2, sulfation/glucuronidation) is saturable, the other (2: via CYP2E1/CYP1A2) produces an intermediate (NAPQI). You take too much, the good pathway is saturated, the bad one starts running, eventually gluthianone stores run out, then the NAPQI turns into toxic metabolites which damage the liver.
Now the minimum toxic dose seems to be 150mg/kg. For me (180lb) this is 12 grams. Less than that at once, no problem. This is much lower if you are consuming alcohol, fasting, using drugs that inhibit P450 enzymes, etc. 4g seems to be the medical acute maximum OK dose in these cases.
Chronic use is typically recommended to be under 4-6 grams/day due to possible slow gluthianone depletion; and the fact that acetaminophen is a nonselective COX inhibitor -- COX-2 has important cytoprotective effects.
So: shooting acetaminophen is no problem; below the threshold toxic dose, no toxicity occurs. Hell, it is absorbed relatively quickly anyways. And doctors obviously have no problem with this: some of the subjects below received 2g IV!
Rawlins MD, Henderson DB, Hijab AR.
Pharmacokinetics of paracetamol (acetaminophen) after intravenous and oral administration.
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1977 Apr 20;11(4):283-6

Originally posted by TheTruth:
You have done this?? WHY???? Must of hurt!
Yeah, back when I was first getting into the world of pharmacutical drugs I decided it would be would be a good idea to rail a Vicodin ES - the didn't burn in the least, but the line was as big as my dick (ok, bigger) and the high was almost non-exitsant.. I had snorted 750mg APAP, 7.5mg hydrocodone, and god knowns how many fillers/diners .. I would have been better off eating the damn thing!