• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB/1,4-B/GBL Discussion and use- Part II

^Also, because GBL and 1,4B are pro drugs, like d_m said, which need to be converted into ghb by the body before they take effect, it can be quite some time after dosing until you start to feel it. Don't make the mistake of redosing because you think it hasn't worked - it can take an hour or even more for it to kick in. Also consider that if you have consumed any alchohol, you wont feel the gbl or 1,4B until your liver has done processing the alch - this can mean the juice kicks in a long time after you've dosed. This is another way people get caught out and take too much.

Although it usually took awhile for me to feel 1,4B, whenever I overshot it and took too much, I'd know pretty much within 5 mins it was a 'blow out' dose. Has anyone else noticed that?

^ Really good point footscrazy! In particular with 1,4b the long time for a dose to kick in is a concern I have found, I seldom remember feeling shit off it before 45 mins or so after dosing and it has taken a bit over an hour for me on multiple occasions, even with a pretty empty stomach.

Beg to differ, I dont think I have ever had that sort of time delay... I know mileage may vary, ... but 45 mins? I have observed some long delay times with GVL, (and there are no good stories there...) but 1,4 and GBL even when drinking (yea bad) has always been pretty instant...not meaning to detract on any of your guys experiences...

Alcohol actually inhibits the conversion of 1,4b to GHB so for a lot of people they can dose several times while drinking thinking its not working then when the alcohol starts to wear off hours later have all 3 or 4 charges hit them at once. I have seen this happen more than one time....

yea, looking back, I can see that... dangerous part about that is that either or both substances make you feel bulletproof, and it can become difficult to pull your harm reduction strategies out of your arse.

^Although it usually took awhile for me to feel 1,4B, whenever I overshot it and took too much, I'd know pretty much within 5 mins it was a 'blow out' dose. Has anyone else noticed that?

Yeah I know exactly what you're saying there, although it's rare that I touch Juice these days, I used to dose in 1.5ml increments (mostly depending on the state I was in) and if I had that one charge too many within 5-10 mins I'd know it was too much and try to get some gear into me or get up and keep moving... Or just wait to pass out and enjoy the ride lol.

It's hard for a Juice/Squirt/G not to have the stigma of being a 'dirty' drug attached to it when so many people take the 'Tyre Cleaner' bit as gospel and with the sheer amount of people who over do it, I've lost count of how many people I'd see a few years back getting carried out the back of Bubble, or blowing out in the middle of Twister or PHD etc... Then add the numbers from whichever event at Calder and all the other festivals and the press that goes with them and you get a pretty well earned rep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been dying to try one of these G analogues. I despise alcohol because of the dirty intoxication it produces, but I really do enjoy benzos and other downers. Unfortunately, I live in California and GBL/GHB are scheduled, so I guess that leaves me with no other option besides 1,4b. I think the 1,4b is a bit more toxic than the former compounds, but other than that, do some people actually prefer the effects of 1,4b more so then GBL/GHB?

yea, looking back, I can see that... dangerous part about that is that either or both substances make you feel bulletproof, and it can become difficult to pull your harm reduction strategies out of your arse.

I 100% agree with this as an experience G user.

Yeah I am still more careful with juice and/or alcohol when I am intoxicated, I only had 4ml instead of 6ml on my birthday because I had consumed 6 beers prior.

Doctors issue party drug warning

Melbourne doctors are warning of the risk of death from the illicit drug, GHB, ahead of a big dance party at the Royal Melbourne showgrounds this weekend.

About 45,000 revellers are expected at the festival, where police made more than 80 drug-related arrests, last year.

St Vincent's Hospital Emergency Department physician, Dr Jonty Karro, says there has been an increase in patients needing intensive care after overdosing on GHB in recent weeks.

Doctors at the hospital have treated 20 young people who used GHB in the past three weeks, including nine on one single weekend. Five patients needed to be put on life support.

Dr Karro says GHB, or Gammahydroxybutyric Acid (often also referred to as GBH), is a highly toxic, illegal anaesthetic which can quickly lead to a comatose state. Users who fall into a coma could die if they do not receive urgent medical attention.

"They are deeply asleep, we cannot wake them up, they might be vomiting at the same time which puts them at particular risk of the vomit going down into their airwaves and causing serious breathing problems," Dr Karro said.

"Patients also have seizures and they get a low heart rate which can be life threatening," he said.

"We don't want someone to come to terrible harm, we don't want that to happen to families. We want people to know they can seek care and that we are here to look after them if they need us," Dr Karro said.

There have been 10 deaths from GHB in Australia in recent years and doctors fear the recent spike of overdoses in Melbourne indicates current batches of the drug may be stronger or contain more harmful substances.

"We are concerned that this drug does cause such profound coma and that we've seen this particular spike," Dr Karro said.

The hospital warns that the drug appears to have found favour with younger people, notably the 16-30 year old age group. Doctors urge people to be extra careful and vigilant during celebrations in the lead up to Christmas.

The hospital says evidence from the Emergency Department suggests people are taking multiple illicit substances at the same time as well as mixing drugs with alcohol.

So-called "polysubstance" abuse is a common cause of hospitalisation and doctors say it can dramatically increase the chance of serious injury or death.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-30/doctors-issue-party-drug-warning/4401656

TEACH THEM THAT GHB IS SAFE BY ITSELF. Fuck, encourage them to take GHB by itself. How many GHB only deaths are there?

Not that easy when so many people use alcohol alot at such events.

Drugs that can cause death from a borderline dosage requirement are not what I find fun, so it will never be something I will try, along with heroin.

I never knew that people could die with no airwaves to support them. Mind you, at a concert, I guess they are fairly critical...

TEACH THEM THAT GHB IS SAFE BY ITSELF. Fuck, encourage them to take GHB by itself. How many GHB only deaths are there?

I have a mate (using the term loosely) who drinks a bottle of vodka a night n washes every 4 or so drinks down with GHB. Looking at him it cooks ya brain but at this point he hasn't had a bad ep

^Know your body. Something that is VERY important with GHB combinations. I know for some reason that I have an unnaturally high tolerance to GHB and it's analogues. Taking 4ml after 6 beers was way underdosing for myself but I always play it safe when mixing the two. A few months ago I took 5ml of 1,4B after 4mg of clonaz, 2mg of xanax and 20mg of valium and that was just under a perfect dose of 1,4B for me :s. (Don't attempt this any one else, I know juice addicts that go 8o when I tell them this)

Not that easy when so many people use alcohol alot at such events.

Drugs that can cause death from a borderline dosage requirement are not what I find fun, so it will never be something I will try, along with heroin.

A blow out from GHB can be almost as good as the high when you desperately need sleep. The dosage to actually die from GHB alone is quite high. GBL and 1,4B on the other hand..

All it takes to be safe with G is knowing the metabolic pathways, how the drug interacts with your body dependent on the situation.

I see people taking G with alcohol all the time, then claiming the drugs don't work, before they wind up comatose 4hrs later.. surprise? i think not.

I think pretty much everyone is getting 1,4-B these days, in the club scene anyway. It's not that the drug has become stronger it's just that everyone are such fucking drug pigs these days and go re-dosing far too early with far too much because they have no idea what they're doing. alot of them don't even want to know more about it, like how to be safe and how it works.

Iv only had one mate go to hospital on it but he was at a club and he was drinking and on Bikkis, K, and juice and when he wanted another charge he didn't have a plunger so he just drank some out of the bottle guessing how much it might be. Now that's fucking suicide but this is what people are getting up too

I hate that you victorians are the only ones getting G, its non-existant up here in NSW. Its my fav drug, you can party on it, chill on it, fuck on it, its great for everything. I just dont think people without drug knowledge should go near this stuff at all, im not advocating it but the only drugs id mix with G are meth, E, coke or LSD/Psychedelics..... Any other drugs(downers) are out of the question, even K which doesnt ever depress your resp sstem that much, I still think its too much of a risk.

There should be some class people can take to teach them what is considered moderately safe and what is plain old suicide.

Mightly G Gods,please bring your beauty to NSW!!! We would very much appreciate it :)