• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy Basic LSD Questions Thread - The Fourth Iteration

Have you tried these? I'm hearing reports these are 240ug - leading me to believe OP could be correct, meant to be trying some soon.

200ug is a strong dose for a first timer, 180ug has me pretty with insanely wonderful visuals and great introspective thoughts. But if you can keep a grip on yourself or have some psychedelic experience behind you you'll be fine.

Nevermind, I heard from someone else that they're that potency. So I think 2-3 would be a good "strong" first trip. If you're scared take 2, if you have plenty of experience with other pychs take three.

400ug for a first time strong trip? I think that's a little too steep with only one previous trip under your belt personally.

LSD and Stomach Pains during and after trip

Seems like every time I trip I get a stomach pain in the lower abdominal area anywhere from 1/4-3/4 of the way through the trip and lasts even after the comedown. I tripped with friends yesterday and all three of us experienced it. It's not nausea, it's more like a cramp. We all tried alleviating it by eating food but it still persisted, even after the comedown.

Does anyone else get stomach pain on acid and know of an OTC way to alleviate it?

400ug for a first time strong trip? I think that's a little too steep with only one previous trip under your belt personally.

True, but I'd much rather have an overwhelming experience than an underwhelming. It depends how mindfucked he wants to be.

Yeah man, the average blotter holds 50-150ug. They sound like some bomb tabs.

Yeah, I do on high doses. It can give me leg pains as well. I believe it's from the typical ergoline vasoconstriction.

The best way to approach an LSD trip (or other psychedelics)

I've always been a bit in the middle about this. The first time I tripped I hoped to gain some insight into myself, or maybe learn how to cope with personal issues at the time. So far it's only really been recreational. I've mearly enjoyed the experience, the visuals, the discussions had. Because of this I've started entering a trip simply for entertainment purposes.

I've always wondered how different people like to go into a trip. What their chosen mindset is before you enter the psychedelic realm. Do you go in hoping to gain something that you can take away with you forever? Or do you prefer you use them purely recreationally?

What is the best way, in your opinion? Do you believe there really is something to learn by using psychedelics? Whether about yourself, or something external. Or is there no point in taking it too seriously and just use them for their enjoyable visuals etc.

True, but I'd much rather have an overwhelming experience than an underwhelming. It depends how mindfucked he wants to be.

Personally I think it's treading on thin ice, for your first few trips I recommend lower doses - even if you do feel underwhelmed, LSD has many effects that I don't think many become aware of without some experience in various doses, jumping into the deep end could really make it an uncomfortable experience - an even more uncomfortable experience than if they were on a lower dose. I always suggest a person builds it up. 80ug is my recommended dose for someone's first acid trip, enough to see what it carries but not a strong headspace so they still feel in control. Higher doses become very lucid and I think this could become too intense for those who haven't experienced it before.

When I first took acid, I was going to take one tab, the white-on-white stuff that's always around here, anyway, I was going to take one, and then everybody I talked to said "take two, I took one and really wished I had taken two my first time".

So I took two and it was perfect. If those tabs are 90-120ug, you should take two. Not three, unless you're experienced with LSD to the point where you're comfortable with what it does and what it does when you take a lot. I personally feel that 150-200ug is the place to be.

My intention is to get insight that I can then carry into my life. There is not a right or wrong way to use psychedelics, but you will have a different outcome depending on what you are hoping to achieve.

I think using them for insight is more productive, but that's me. If you are using them recreationally then I would say it's more helpful to accept it as that rather than tell yourself that you are or should be using them for other purposes.

I've had a similar "pain" a few times. I wouldn't call it a pain really, more like i need to eat something because my stomach feels empty.
I tried eating a few hours before, or maybe something light during the trip but that didn't help. It doesn't really bother me though as its very very mild.

You can try a mentos sweet. It usually solves most of my problems during a trip :)

What is a strong trip like? (LSD)

Last weekend I had by far the strongest dose of acid I have ever had, and I was fairly surprised by how intense it got, but it wasn't quite mind-blowing to the extent that some people say acid is.

I guess my question is does acid ever take you to a place where you literally cannot recognize where you are, does that require a massive dose? Are my expectations too high.?

My visuals where pretty intense and the body high was ridiculously stimulating but mentally I didn't feel that changed, which I have on lower doses.

I feel like this is a pretty stupid question but I don't want to be unsatisfied again on something that was pretty overwhelming, all things considered.

i know acid is really good when i get my ego death, and depersonalization type shit.

to achieve full ego death on LSD i would say you would need at least 3-4 tabs. im not sure though, personally ive never done more than two tabs, which while being extremely intense, didnt give me ego death.

I guess my question is does acid ever take you to a place where you literally cannot recognize where you are, does that require a massive dose? Are my expectations too high.?

Yes, but you also have to really 'let go' of everything and totally immerse yourself within the experience; that's when things become very interesting.. when you begin to taste music, hear colors and have some pretty amazing synesthesia happening.. you know your entering into a state of mind that is beyond the usual.

I've had some real fun with time manipulation, music in slow motion while tripping is quite the experience, feels like liquid bliss pouring into my soul =D

I agree with malakaix, You can let yourself go and experience amazing things, but at the same time click out of it to the normal trip whenever. I have always known where I was during acid and mushroom trips. You just experiment within your own mind, letting it alter the world around you. As you should know If you tried it. Try some DMT, that takes you to another world if you break through.

I have had the 'full' feeling. It seems common enough as I believe the expression 'A belly full of acid' arose from. Sometimes it weighs me down and I feel the need to lie down. Or when I walk I walk real slow. But it has never annoyed me, just a mild feeling as ferax stated.