• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants adderall and dextromethorphan

DXM and Amphetamines CAN be mixed but...

If you are going to mix DXM and amphetamines I disagree with most poster to a certain extent.... DXM as an NMDA antagonist does potentiate the amphetamine feel and lessen the tolerance effect but you should take low doses of dxm 30- 80mgs if you decide to take tripping doses of DXM DO NOT take amphetamines as you most likely WILL BLOW UP YOUR HEART.

~K thanx, SPEED [{ON}OFF]8o~

Don't mix anything more than a tiny dose of dxm (30-60mg) and amphetamines.

DXM + Meth

Well a few weeks ago I got on dxm... about 850mg or just under, everything was fine and dandy, next thing my brother in law offered me a pipe (Meth), I had 2 big pulls and was instantly struck with a very very strange experience. First of all I had no idea my sister had invited a whole bunch of people over to smoke gear with her and my brother in law, so even without the meth it was still a tad weird but still very manageable. I also have a lot of experience with both drugs especially Meth. Then when I had the Meth I was walking around looking terrified and shaking and what not. Allthough I sortve felt terrified as well sorta like on the edge of losing the plot or passing out but that wouldn't of been possible because of the meth... it was more the bodyload and what not which the meth certainly added to the trip but it was a very weird experience mixing the two... Is there any like chemistry stuff too this (In as English as possible ive only got basic chemistry knowledge)? Bottom line I guess is DONT DO THAT GUYS! NOT FUN! and Is there some reaction in the brain or something between the 2 drugs?

P.S I know this is dangerous and stupid and puts you at high risk or serotonin syndrome... not to mention my poor heart... and I have a heart condition.

Last edited:
There are plenty of interactions. DXM is a SSRI + NMDA antagonist. Methamphetamine releases serotonin and is greatly potentiated by NMDA antagonists like DXM. Even a 60mg (no typo, sixty mg) dose of DXM will make amphetamines noticeably stronger. Also, both drugs put considerable strain on your heart at rec. doses. DXM also can invoke arrhythmias.

If you have heart issues to begin with, you're actually lucky to be alive.

Well atleast im still on this earth and I certainly wont be mixing them again... but I do remember reading something on erowid i think about mixing the two saying that it can cause heart attacks and what not. But judging by how I felt... It certainly wasn't good...

I think the trip would've been cleaner if you smoked meth before taking DXM. The serotonin build up from the meth wouldn't escape due to the DXM closing the receptors, making the trip longer. Really long maybe. When I mixed ecstasy and DXM I went on a reality void and spiritual embarkment for I think six or seven days. Took half hour naps every 24 to 36 hours. Ate very little. I felt dead and in different states of consciousness like heaven, nirvana, zen.I probably wouldnt get the same experience if I ingested meth and DXM, but the chemical interaction in the brain should be similar.

DXM and stimulants is a horrible combo imho.

Perhaps a low dose of DXM to use for tolerance retardation, but plateau doses of DXM and stimulants are horrible in my experience.

To each ones own I guess...

I think the trip would've been cleaner if you smoked meth before taking DXM. The serotonin build up from the meth wouldn't escape due to the DXM closing the receptors, making the trip longer. Really long maybe. When I mixed ecstasy and DXM I went on a reality void and spiritual embarkment for I think six or seven days. Took half hour naps every 24 to 36 hours. Ate very little. I felt dead and in different states of consciousness like heaven, nirvana, zen.I probably wouldnt get the same experience if I ingested meth and DXM, but the chemical interaction in the brain should be similar.

MDMA & DXM have a Serotonin Syndrome risk much higher than just the crappy feeling of DXM and Meth. Six or seven days is indicative of punishing your system as both substances hijack the CYP 2D6 metabolic pathway.

Eh guess I broke a rule with last post it got deleted. Anyway tried it. Nothing great. Stomach gurgling amphetimenes not firing as hard and diaria.