• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants adderall and dextromethorphan

giger

Bluelighter
I am low on my adderall and will run out before I go to my doctors appointment next week, I perscribed 15mg 4x aday. I can make them last up untill my appointment w/out running out only if I take 2 pills a day. I read something on this or lasite about takeing adderall and dex together makes the adderall work better,lowers tolerance or something. have anyone takein them together? I used to get high off boxes of coricidin like every other day for about 6 months,I love that trippy felling it gives u,I used to be a huge LSD head,I love acid and have not done any in like 2 years (its hard to come by down here.)anyways the dex always reminded me of acid.I have not took any coricidin in like 2 months.what about takeing some swigs of robutussin w/ the adderall? is there any thing that can help w/makeing the adderall work beter or lastlonger?I have no benzoes or anything and I don't want to go through withdrawl and if I take my recomended usual dose I'll be w/out for 4 days:X can any give me any helpful suggestions,it would be most appreciated.:(

I highly recommend against that combo, you're just begging for cardiac arrest. DXM raises heart rate and blood pressure, adding a "tweak grade" stim is not good for obvious reasons.

If you're hellbent on taking dxm as well as adderall, don't take CCCs. THEY'RE NOT SAFE EVEN WITHOUT THE ADDERALL. The cpm in ccc's will only add to the high blood pressure caused by dxm and adderall. I strongly advise against mixing even dxm alone (such as robo max, etc) and adderall...both raise bp...it's not safe. A low dose of dxm (60mg or so) can help prevent tolerance to adderall, but more than that is simply stupid. If you MUST COMBINE THESE, use dxm only products, and have some downers on hand for when your heart threatens to explode.

Or, you could ride out the 4 days w/o adderall by tripping on dxm...or drinking lots of coffee...but don't mix stims and dxm plz.

I would suggest just taking 1/2 your usual dosage of the adderall, this will be safe, and the only down part is that it will not effect you as much as it usually does, so hopefully you don't have anything planned that needs high attention / concentration..

Please do not use corciden as a DXM source, many people have died from this or ended up in long comas with permanant brain damge from corciden. The anti-histamine is deadly when taken in large doses. If you must use DXM use a DMX only product. I dont know how many times this has been covered on this site and many others, but the info is all over the place. DXM is a rough high to begin with, I cant even imagine how dirty the corciden high must be. As far as taking adderal with dxm, dont even entertain the thought, it can and will kill you, or at the very least give you seratonin syndrome.

DXM WILL MAKE THE SPEED ALOT STRONGER. i mean ALOT. lower your speed dose quite a bit. same goes for coke, and even opiates and nicotine. dxm basicaly makes all drugs way stronger

That's a BAD idea. That's almost as bad as mixing meth and pcp, which would most likely kill you.

Both of them cause tachychardia so it would put a massive load on your heart.

Last edited:
sorry to disagree Klowns,
But i never found DXM making my opiates or speed stronger. Not unless i deff. feel the dxm having an action on it's own, and even then it's not making it stronger, it's just adding up, with one more effect. Doesn't seem like it ever made anything stronger.

Someone who likes DXM should try a small dose, just small enough to feel it, with their DOC. That might be benefical.

^ it helps with opiates for sure, but i don't know about speed. DXM is speedy, but whether it has an effect on dopamine receptors is controversial. it definately would increase the heart rate too. So i guess it does sort of increase the effects of speed. Not neccesarily in a good way though.

It's an NMDA antagonist so it reduced and prevents tolerance to opiates, and for some reason it increases the warmness, analgesia, and euphoria, for me atleast. That is at therapeutic doses. Anything above 90mg's will ruin an opiate high.

Last edited:
Hey, bro, I'm prescribed Adderall IR and Vyvanse myself. I've also had a decent amount of experience with DXM. To potentiate your Adderall, you can use sodium biacarbonate (baking soda) to slightly alkalinize your blood. When the d,l-amphetamine in your bloodstream exists as a salt, which Adderall is formulated in: dextro- and levortho- amphetamine in four different molecules (dextroamphetamine sulfate and so on...), it is more likely to be excreted (peed out) unused. When your blood is alkaline (slightly basic), the d,l-amphetamine exists mostly as the useable freebase. I can't tell you how much baking soda to use, but my arbitrary guess is one or two teaspoons maybe a half hour before you take the Adderall. Theoretically, you can potentiate amps up to 2x, so your half-dose may very well come close to your normal dose (though I wouldn't expect results so good). If your school load allows it, taking a one day vacation will also slightly lower your short-term tolerance and give you more for the other days.

DXM is useful in preventing tolerance to amps and is even used in some drug counseling programs to do so with meth. But, as other posters said, this won't make your current dose stronger. Even for the purpose of preventing tolerance, I'd suggest taking a magnesium taurinate or magnesium chelate supplement instead.

If you take baking soda to increase the effects of amphetamine/s make it half a teaspoon. It won't be a huge increase of effects but I noticed it for sure when I did this.

If you're anything like many people who manage to take this shit regularly, your tolerance will build regardless of any DXM and magnesium you're chugging down. They're just delaying the inevitable permanent tolerance wall. I've taken 3 month breaks before and my tolerance came down by like 1/3 for about a week then was back to where I was before the holiday.

Once you hit that wall, you will eventually see the benefit of only taking it during weekdays and allowing your chemicals time to regen a bit in order to maximize your meds. Something tells me if you're taking 60 mg's a day already then you're approaching the wall fast and the negative side effects will begin to show.

Who knows, for some it's the more the better but for others (like me) you just reach a point of complete and utter burnout where Dextroamphetamine just isn't cutting it anymore.

thanks to everyone,all your info was helpful:D . I didn't know takeing the adderall and the dex together was so risky.I will try the bakeing soda thing if needed. I had to go to the ER yesterday,was feeling like major shit and turns out I have bad bronchitis!!!:( :! they did prescribe me some hydromet syrup and I must say it's pretty good=D have a great day everyone and once again thanks alot!!!

actualy you guys ;like it or not, but i am right. ever try getting dexed up and then doing a line of coke? youll get so fucking high its rediculous.
dxm prevents tolerance from building to ALL the drugs i listed, thats fact. but it also makes them feel stronger. opiates i notice a HUGE difference, coke i notice the BIGGEST difference, and then speed and nicotine i guess. look into it if you dont believe me im not bullshitting you
peace

I'd have to agree with Klowns on this one. If only from personal anecdote. Yesterday, I started taking Robitussin for an awful cough with the flu but also had to complete a lot of work. Mind you I haven't felt particularly pleasant when taking Adderal in quite some time. Anyway I had taken about 50mg's of DXM an hour prior to taking the Adderal. Then took 40 mg IR. I should also note this is about double the dose I normally take. But god damn was I flying around it felt like some of the first few times ever taking it. Also, the last dose I took was around 10 pm last night and I have yet to fall asleep or even have any sign of sleepiness. This is strange because I can often fall asleep even after taking it late at night.

That said obviously it can't be recommended given what has been shared in this thread but still amusing nonetheless.

I have taken 280mg of vyvanse with around 750mg of dxm before. i'm being honest. I'm a really big guy, and so 750mg of dxm is only a level 1 plateau for me. vyvanse is also a lot weaker and subtler than adderal. anyway, the rush was awesome. i was extremely alert and thought about everything in existence. also, the dex made me fumbly and uncoordinated. it was really intense. though, i could feel my heart going crazy. so, i purposely sat down and even laid down for a long time as to not jack my heart rate up any further. basically just watched tv for 10 hours. plus, i cranked the A/C up in my house because it made me REALLY hot. which was misleading, because i ended up suffering from mild hypothermia. even though i enjoyed the experience overall, i wouldn't do it again. I also wouldn't recommend it to anyone else unless they don't really care if they die. dxm is taxing on the body all by itself, and adding a stimulant to it is just dumb. i also snorted 15mg of morphine after taking 1150mg of dxm(a transitional plateau for me). that was a BIG MISTAKE. i almost had to go to the hospital. the people around me seriously thought i was going to die. i don't know about everyone else, but i wouldn't advise mixing dxm with any other drug at all, except maybe thc. they can be fun together. i've tried mixing dxm with a variety of stuff, and it was either a bad trip or not worth the risk.

I'd have to agree with Klowns on this one. If only from personal anecdote. Yesterday, I started taking Robitussin for an awful cough with the flu but also had to complete a lot of work. Mind you I haven't felt particularly pleasant when taking Adderal in quite some time. Anyway I had taken about 50mg's of DXM an hour prior to taking the Adderal. Then took 40 mg IR. I should also note this is about double the dose I normally take. But god damn was I flying around it felt like some of the first few times ever taking it. Also, the last dose I took was around 10 pm last night and I have yet to fall asleep or even have any sign of sleepiness. This is strange because I can often fall asleep even after taking it late at night.

That said obviously it can't be recommended given what has been shared in this thread but still amusing nonetheless.

This exact thing happened to me today.... I was quite refreshing.

^ but seriously... the best way to do it... is take a week break from adderall (or whatever) .... and do a 300mg DXM trip.. Give yourself three days, and good nutrition.

Boom adderalls back in business!

^ but seriously... the best way to do it... is take a week break from adderall (or whatever) .... and do a 300mg DXM trip.. Give yourself three days, and good nutrition.

Boom adderalls back in business!

Bump? Lol sry but so ur saying a week break off 1-2 30mg ir' (spread out) s 4 days a wk for past 3 mths wit a Dxm trip tossed in there it bumps the addy high back up? Cuz nowadays I just get Slightly stimulated and a anxious c/d on occasion usually quelled wit Xanax.

I used to be a big "dope" head .. oxycontins whatever... but got sick of the W/D's ( RLB'S... restless body syndrome, hot/ cold sweats .. you name it ).

Never really liked to be Twacked or Geeked up but i've been taking adderall's for the past 1-2 months ever since i stoped doing oxy's... and man it's help soo much and i have to admit i do love being jacked and able to function again!

Oh and really little to no W/D's that ive exp. but ay.. maybe oxycontin W/D's are just that worse...