• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Glass?

g0nz614

Bluelighter
In ohio we have glass, as a form of speed. From what I have heard its different than Meth, or Ice? Are these all just slang terms for the same drug, or are the all different types of Amphetamines?
P.s. Glass is also called tweak and shards
[ 11 December 2001: Message edited by: g0nz614 ]

Being a fellow Ohioan, the term glass (at least from where I'm at)refers to the quality of the meth...ice is really good quality, glass is shit...I doubt it's a regional thing, I've heard the term used everywhere...

I'm from Ohio too. Where I am, glass refers to higher quality meth. It looks like glass pieces where as other types of meth are balls of gummy shit anywhere from brown to off white in color. In my experience, the glass high is cleaner and you need to do less of it.
ad

ok...time for the opinion of a representative from the Meth Capital of The World...California...
ice traditionally refers to 4-methylaminorex but is also used to refer to high quality meth...
glass is high quality excellent purity clear white shards of crystal meth...
crank is dirty low quality meth...
tweek refers to any kind of meth in general...
shards are nice fat chunks of meth which resemble of course shards of glass (as in the stuff you get when you break a window except big enough to fit in a baggie)
speed traditionally refers to amphetamine or dextroamphetamine but also refers to any potent stimulant...
and that's about everything...

GC is right, also, crystal = glass...meth traditionally refers to stuff that has been cut, but I often use the term to apply to high quality stuff as well. Alot of these kind of terms are regional.
Ice does not traditionally refer to meth, but rather to 4-methylaminorex, as GC stated.

yea... glass is a higher form of meth but a lot of people here in ohio that go to parties... will not take meth if they have eva done glass... glass is clear shards they look like glass thats where it getts it's name!! BUT wut is all this bout ICE, personally i don't think there is such a thing.. it's just high quality glass right? or as some may call it FIRE!! yeppp

glass is higher quality meth. but i hate how people will walk around saying they have "glass" b/c they KNOW that you KNOW its higher quality. i'm in maryland, and in my opinion, it is harder to find actual "glass". but plenty of people try and say thats what they have. i have run into it a decent # of times though. i LOVE getting good quality glass....just lookin at those big fat shards in the bag...not broken up yet or cut with any bullshit substances...YUMMY... :) too bad i've decided to stop doing drugs. damn its hard already....!!
***<3 starlight <3***

meth traditionally refers to stuff that has been cut, but I often use the term to apply to high quality stuff as well.meth is short for methamphetamine no matter what quality or purity...it's more of an abbreviated name for the substance itself rather than a slang term...
*edit*
and dealers will call meth either glass or ice (even if it's been cut several times or weak as fuck) to deceive the buyer into thinking that he or she is getting high quality shit...
[ 11 December 2001: Message edited by: Good Corruption ]

From TEXAS...
ICE = 4methylaminorex. Always. Period. Not the same as methamphetamine
Glass = High quality (shards usually) of methamphetamine crystal
Crystal = Slightly lower quality than 'glass', but still meth
Tweek = any meth (but not ice), but usually refers to low grade brownish icky gummy stuff.
Peanut Butter = the usual, low grade crap meth. Looks only slightly better than its name
Crank = not meth. something 'similar' usually made in a homebrew thing that uses household precursors and does NOT result in actual meth (though most people would like you to believe they can make meth from shit around the house...)
Dex = dex-amphetamine (ritalin, adderall, not always actual DEX, but more commonly just an 'upper-pill')
Speed = no one uses that term (would refer to amphetamine, not meth)

Crank = not meth. something 'similar' usually made in a homebrew thing that uses household precursors and does NOT result in actual meth (though most people would like you to believe they can make meth from shit around the house...)
What is it then? Around here, crank refers to shitty meth. And actually you can make meth from all over the counter sources of chems. A large hardware store and Walmart will have everything you need.
Also, what happened to 4-methyaminorex? Is it still popular in any part of the US? World?

I think Denial's talking about the synth that uses the vicks inhalers. what you get is a different isomer of methamphetamine, I forgot which one.
Ford, are you positive the synth you know of works....and how good of quality meth does it produce?

The synth I speak of works great and the quality is up to the cook. Any meth beit junk or average can be recrystalized to yeild "glass shards".

Meth is a lot easier to make than 4-methylaminorex, and not that many people really know about 4-methylaminorex anyways, so it just kinda dissappeared.
I think it was PhreeX who was talking the futility of selling ice because of people's dumbness. Spend an hour explaining what it is and even including long internet printouts with information on it, then they just go and sell it saying "yeah, it's like pharmaceutical meth" or something.

Hmmm Never realized my drug problems relied so heavily of matters of vocabulary. But thanks for the info kids.
~James

Ohhh kay... enough with this circus ..
We have about 30 threads that detail the differences between GLASS, ICE, METH, CRANK, and a few other nifty slang terms..
I think all the questions were answered - lets search first next time!