• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Sulfate ER (MS Contin)

IncorrigibleHulk

Bluelighter
So I lucked into a few of these pills, but I'm not really sure of the best way to handle them. I tried taking one (30 mg) orally, but didn't feel anything whatsoever. Now, I have very little to no opiate tolerance, so usually small doses of opiates will do the trick for me. Should I try a larger dose? Are these safe to snort? Should I make sure to get rid of the outer coating first, and if so, how should I go about that? Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b to this sort of thing, and just want to make sure I do it correctly as safely as possible (well, you know, as safe as abusing drugs can be).

im on the same thing ATM, and for me, it only takes a bump around 10 mgs to get me feeling fine, after maybe 40mgs im pretty damn good.

some people will recommend 2x or 3x that but, i fortunately have a naturally low tolerance, as you might too.

Actually, you're better off taking morphine orally. Intranasal morphine has a bio-availability of around 10%, but the oral bio-availability is around 30%. Even with no tolerance, 30mg isn't that much. Try taking a little more. I find morphine to be somewhat over-rated. I'd take almost any semi-synthetic opioid over morphine given the choice.

Thanks very much. I'll give the oral method another go sometime soon. I know this type of thing is kinda subjective, but given that I have little tolerance, would there be an amount that would definitely be too much? I'm thinking I might try 90mg next time, and I just want to make sure it won't fuck me up too bad in any of the wrong ways.

hey guys, a friend of mine is actually in the same boat -- but they got a hella opiate tolerance, they're on 16 mgs suboxone daily for a pretty bad dope habit. i know that he should wait at least 48 hours, 72 would be better, 96 best -- but what would you guys suggest the starting dose be around?? 100 mgs?? 150?? plus, can you shoot these pills with just adding water to them? or are they going to gel up?? and if he were to shoot them im assuming to do half of what he would do sniffing it.... i know everyone is different but im hoping someone has had a similar experience..... thanks for the info guys. much appreciated.

Shooting mscontin is extremely bad for you! Don't do it. The pills have a wax matrix that will gel up in water and they can fuck up your veins badly. The mod fastandbulbous did come up with a technique to safely extract the morphine from these pills, but it requires some chem. knowledge and possibly hard to get chemicals.

so eating them is his best bet huh?? from what you said before that its 3 time more potent than if you were to blow them?? what about letting them dissolve under your tongue, like you would with suboxone?? sublingually? and whats the difference between morphine er and morphine ir??

^ Yeah, oral administration is best. Sublingual admin. of morphine has a roughly similar bio-availability as intranasal admin. It can work alright because you can dissolve roughly 10% of the pill through your mucus membranes under your tongue then the rest gets swallowed. This is also true for snorting, although more power can get stuck in your nose and it can actually be a waste to snort morphine. Usually sublingual administration of morphine isn't a waste IMHO, just because of the simple fact that you can swallow all of the powder.

ER = extended release
IR = instant release

The IR is much more desirable, I hate the wax matrix that mscontin has.

I was disappointed with morphine when I tried it..... Actually, when I think about it the first time I tried it I parachuted 50 mgs I was nodding so hard I spent three hours bent in an "n" shape over a computer chair and was just too fucked to reposition myself and use the backrest. It's a miracle I can still walk, looking back, and that someone didn't see me in that condition lol. Good times

IncorrigibleHulk said:
So I lucked into a few of these pills, but I'm not really sure of the best way to handle them. I tried taking one (30 mg) orally, but didn't feel anything whatsoever. Now, I have very little to no opiate tolerance, so usually small doses of opiates will do the trick for me. Should I try a larger dose? Are these safe to snort? Should I make sure to get rid of the outer coating first, and if so, how should I go about that? Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b to this sort of thing, and just want to make sure I do it correctly as safely as possible (well, you know, as safe as abusing drugs can be).

Sorry to disapoint but unless you plug or IV you would be better off with T3's FMHO. Morphine is a supposid legend amung medicine but that is ONLY when IV administration is done. Morphine may have more intence side effects than drugs like Oxycodone but rly euphoria wise it kind o does blow but it clouds thinking jsut like strong opes (some consider this good, some like me hate this aspect of opes). Anyways, I wouldsay see if you could trade for oxy or something else ... Unless you IV .

I parachuted 120 mgs of morphine sulfate (generic for MS Contin) and didn't feel anything. But then today my fibromyalgia was killing me so I just took one regularly (I have 15s) and I don't feel euphoric, and the pain is still there but I do feel a little clowded and am having some space/orientation issues. How weird is that?

a good way IMO to estimate a dose for morphine is by comparing it against a drug almost everyone here has used:hydrocodone.

hydrodone is about 1.25 times stronger mg/mg then morphine sulfate, assuming they are both administered orally, which is both cases offers the highest BA besides shooting. however, in both cases shooting is not an option since shooting hydrocodone will kill you, and shooting mscontin will wreck your veins/ kill you do to the aforementioned wax matrix.

therefore, if one takes their normal dosage of hydrocode ( whatever dose it takes to get you off ) and multiplies it by 1.25 ( which is also accounting for the lower BA of morphine then hydrocodone ) then you should end up with a decent estimate of how much morph it will take to make you happy and fuzzy. this estimate, however, is erring on the safe( read: low ) side, so it may have to be increased slightly.

do note also that different opiates have different effects, and compared to most other semi-synthetics, morphine and the other naturally occuring opiates are much more sedating and cloudy feeling, with a much less pronounced euphoria. because of this, you may be dissapointed with their effects.

good luck with em though. mscontin can definitely be fun if you do it right.

plugging is the best way to go if you don't IV... it kicks in harder than orally... and definately don't snort, its a waste....

What I have been doing because I cant prep these for IV is nuking each pill in the microwave for 20 seconds each, this temporarily disables the gelling for a short while then I mix with water and plug or swallow with water, because even if you crush and swallow the time release usually still works due to the gelling, so if the gell has been disabled then it should work better. I did this for the first time tonight and it has worked better than the last few times I didnt do the microwave method.

^Its rectal administration. Most people dissolve their drug of choice in water, load it into a needle-less syringe and administer it into their bum. For some drugs it has a higher bioavailability this way (the same dose is stronger rectally than orally) or it otherwise has some advantages overall or to the individual.

Finally I get to post...

any ways,

I figured I will post here rather than make a new thread because I have the same questions as the OP except for I am VERY VERY opiate tolerant and I have just received 120 30 MG IR Morphine Tabs and I also currently am on the 75mcg.h Fentanyl patcheds (Teva Generic)

Now Can someone teach me how I can get some high off of this since I am being told my many that this stuff is weakbecause only 30 % of your body actually absorbs the good stuff in these Tabs.

Also I was on Generic Roxicodone's 30MG HCL Immediate release and I could take like 8 at a time (orally) and get a good buzz but as all oxy users know, your body builds tolerance to OXY's VERY FAST!!!!

So..

I have been on the fentanyl patch for about a week now. 75mcg/h does help but after about 2 days of wearing one (I didn't have any other opiates for breakthrough pain) I put 1 more on and I have also put heater pads on them and they didnt seem to get me high at ALL but it did take the pain away from my back...

I also took 10 30 MG of roxycodone's for about 3 months now but have been off of it for a good 2 weeks due to over taking.

So, RIGHT NOW I have 2 patches on, and I have 120 pills of Immediate Release Morphine Sulfate which my pharmacist say's IT IS THE STRONGEST SHIT I CAN POSSIBLY GET SINCE IT IS LIKE THE CLOSEST TO STRAIGHT UP OPIUM) of course he was talking about pharmaceutical drugs only.

Now, the reason why I posted all that is because I want you guys to know my tolerance level...

Now. I DO MAINLINE, I snort occasionally but I MAINLY got high off of the roxy's orally taking like 5-6 tabs a time.

Now what do you guys, or gals, suggest I do with the Morphine IR 30 MG?

Thanks for any replys!!! Also I took 2 about 2 hours ago and then another 3 about a half hour ago, I feel like my chest is bothering me for some reason..

I am planning to pop 2 more..

I hope someone reply's soon before I OD, lol and =(

Thanks a lot!!

Belowme

Another question, I know it's kinda nasty but if it gets more of an effect I am willing to try it, for "
Plugging" can you do it with the WHOLE TAB, you know, like just STUFF it in there?

would that work?

thanks

Belowme

I had some of these last month. After being clean and not using for about a month or two my tolerance had dropped significantly. 1 of these 30 mg pills still didnt do that much though (they're a shitty green color right?). After much of what I researched I learned blowing these pills is next to worthless, it's better to eat them. Plugging is a little more effective that oral, your best bet other than IV (and fuck F that I hate needles with a passion, idk about you).
Yes you can just "stuff them" although it is better/ faster acting to dissolve it in a small ammount of liquid and squirt it up your ass.

And please be safe, even though you have a tolerance, I wouldn't say it is safe to just keep popping more. Unless you really know what you're dealing with it's not safe to do that, esp. if you say your chest is bothering you...
You joke around about ODing but honestly we do not need to lose anyone else for the sake of getting high, it's just not worth it and not something to be taken lightly. You could really cause some harm, (although it sounds unlikely with the ammount of other stuff you say you take)

Last edited: