• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Sulfate ER (MS Contin)

Is it name brand MS Contin?If its a generic brand,this method works for most the generics I have seen:

add crushed pill to 1.4 ml or so of water in a spoon

Heat it with a light er underneath until the gel floats to the surface.

Push the glob of wax/gel to the side with the back of your syringe.

Draw up the solution and plug it.

You can also do a wash on the gel by saving a few of them and adding water and boiling the water.(I know people say dont heat pills,but this is for plugging,and it really is the only way to get a water like solution suitable for being drawn into a syringe,I think the little bit wasted is worth it)

I was insane enough for a long time to prep Teva brand generic MS Contin like this for IV use,and simply filtering the solution through a tight ball of dental cotton.I'm sure I'm going to have health problesm later on.

We used to shoot these. What we would do (requires a big syringe) is add water and when it gels up add some more and the filter the hell out of it. Then shoot up a whole syringe. For 2 people we would get a shot each out of one with a good rush with lots of pins and needles. I didn't know that shooting pills was bad back then and we had a pretty big tolerance - so eating them did nothing.

I would think plugging the gel would be a good option.

Anyone tried this? eta: just saw the poster above me - do you still get the pins and needles rush when you plug it?

Oh and first we would remove the outer coating.

eta: and we always had the orange ones i think they were 60mg.

I have 60 mg ms contin er tabs that crush up to a baby powder form practically, so I parachute or snort those babies their pink and long, gimme advice!

First do your business soak it up and tear the needle off, insert into your ars and squeeze it out, sit back and relax cause in ten minutes your going to feel just fine.

You gotta find yourself some Chitosan and mix 6 parts Chitosan for every 1 part Morphine its supposed to increase the BA up to around 60%. This is what i do and it works great for me much better than just eating or snorting it.

Can someone list the recommended amount of Chitosan supplement to take (I have pills that are 500mg each of Chitosan) with Morphine and MS Contin equivalent dosing? Is 1500mg Chitosan enough to mix with a 30mg Morphine Sulfate CR (generic MS Contin)? Do I need 3000mg? Or maybe 500mg is enough?

How do I tell how many "parts" morphine to "parts" Chitosan capsule, if I'm using a pill with a specific dosage (500mg per capsule)?

Can someone list the recommended amount of Chitosan supplement to take (I have pills that are 500mg each of Chitosan) with Morphine and MS Contin equivalent dosing? Is 1500mg Chitosan enough to mix with a 30mg Morphine Sulfate CR (generic MS Contin)? Do I need 3000mg? Or maybe 500mg is enough?

How do I tell how many "parts" morphine to "parts" Chitosan capsule, if I'm using a pill with a specific dosage (500mg per capsule)?

PS - Just wanted to add that I've tried this and it DEFINITELY WORKS! My MS Contin is waaay more potent with Chitosan, and I get more bang per lower dose with this combo. I just wish Chitosan worked with Dilaudid/hydromorphone, too...I really wanna increase it's BA! But ampules are only in ERs and hospitals, and I'm too panicky/shaky hands to even feasibly attempt IVing (Dilaudid).

Anyway, I start to get really nauseous (and have thrown up on 2 occasions, after only 4 times mixing Chitosan and MS Contin) when I mix 1500mg with a 30mg MS Contin/Morphine Sulfate CR. I usually vomit, then can see two of the Chitosan capsules (=500mg Chitosan total) and their dry mealy contents that had juuuuust started to be absorbed into my stomach...which is why I'm now linking the increase in potency of Morphine with the nausea/vomiting, due to Chitosan.

I've always had issues with opiates and the nausea/vomiting side-effect. Hydrocodone makes me break out in hives and itch everywhere (not a "good" kind of itchy as it's sometimes mentioned in a positive way here). Oxycodone makes me throw up every time I take ONE tablet at the lowest, 5-325 Oxycodone HcL/Tylenol combo pills (the 512s). Yes, I vomit after taking ONE 5mg Oxy tablet!

But Morphine never gave me any of the nausea type side-effects. Neither did Dilaudid/Hydromorphone. But Morphine + Chitosan could be the reason for my nausea/vomiting spells (yeah 2/4 times is pretty high side-effect incidence rate, so I'll go ahead and say that it's good to BE CAREFUL mixing Chitosan and Morphine in high amounts of either until you know how the combo affects you in smaller doses first.

Without Chitosan, I don't feel much effects other than pain relief from up to 90mg MS Contin (the highest I've ever tried...I know, I'm a pansy). With Chitosan, I can make a 30mg CR tablet work better and also make me feel the drug effects more, unfortunately including nausea/vomiting. Sigh. Oh well, maybe just one 500mg Chitosan with 30mg MS Contin will not result in these distressing GI side-effects that are appearing out of nowhere!

So perhaps < 1000mg Chitosan is necessary for a 30mg MS Contin/Morphine Sulfate CR tablet? Oh, and I've been off all opiates (except Tramadol, which I barely count, bc it didn't stop the admittedly very mild withdrawal symptoms, which were just GI issues for 3-4 days) until last week. So my tolerance is LOOOOW. Am I just a lightweight?

Last edited:
Alright, sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but for the past hour I've been searching all over the web to a good step-by-step guide to plugging ms contin. There have been various short replies along lines of, "run the wax off, crush pills, add warm, pull up in oral syringe and shoot up it your bum", but those seem to lack some important details. So, I thought I'd share my knowledge up to this point and see if anyone knows a better method or if something is way off.

1. Rub wax coating off (30 mg Mallinkrockt ER, which is a deep purple) until you have mostly white pill (some of the light purple color will still be there). With a tolerance of 90mg oxy, seems safe to try 90 MS plugging.

2. Crush up pills as fine as you can

3. Take about 5ml - 7m of WARM (not cool, not hot, but warm) and mix with powder.

4. Since it's going up the arse, no real need to filter anything, just pull up mixture into oral syringe and lubricate.

5. Put syringe up your bum until about the plunger (though this surely depends on the size of the oral syringe, no? One's i've seen have been longer than my finger)

6. Lie on your side and slow depress the plunger until liquid is gone.

7. Remove syringe, dispose of properly and stay in the same lying down position with your ass a bit in the air for about 30 minutes.

8. Hooray, you've used most of your morphine!

So, am I pretty much on the right track here?

I just tried for the very first time the e658 100mg blueish ones & dont like them that much but I have tried the Mallie's 100mg SR morphine pills & they are my favorite of the two that I have tried. I get a warm, fuzzy & sedated feeling from the Mallie's but the e658's make my back hurt after a while where I never felt any kind of back pain after taking the Mallie's or any other pain med like hydrocodone or oxycodone. Those damn blue e658's are definitely weird & which is why no one wanted them out of my friends, LoL!

Edit:

The Endo e658's are the worst pills I have ever taken. So much anxiety comes with them........also got a headache & back pain afterwards.

The Mallie's are 100 times better & not even close to the trash of those e658's & no, morphine is not all the same. For some reason, there is a huge discrepancy.

Last edited:
I get the generic ms contin 100mg by rhodes pharm and most people complain about there ms contin gelling up while snorting or adding water but mine dont. I rail a couple 100's with 2mg xanax orally and its a great high energy buzz for a few hrs. Good buzzz.

Morphine is morphine, is morphine...The ER formulations do vary, though as with all ER meds'
The thing that I noticed while being prescribed different meds for CP is how fast tolerance builds to morphine.
Not even taking as prescribed, (I thought that was the reason toleance built up so fast was the ##mg. 2 x daily)
I ask my doctor if I could try to wait until the pain was on, then try dosing He said it usually works best to keep
the dose @ 60 mg's every 12 hours for better pain relief, but "give it a try" It did not make any difference as my
tolerance had doubled by the end of week 3. Anyone else experience this w/ morphine ?

Long time reader of blue light, first time post.

So I have daily migraines and have been prescribed norco and percocet for them. I usually run out before i can get a refill which always sucks. I have a few hundred 60mg morphine er pills. Orally taking them intact or broken in half doesn't do me any good. if i take 120mg+ at a time it not only does not do a whole lot for the pain, but gives me a gnarly hangover the next morning. I know there is a gel/wax matrix that makes it difficult to get more bang for your buck in terms of pain relief. I am a former IV drug user so I don't want to snort(which i know is pointless due to BA) or slam them. I was wondering if parachuting them would work? I also read in another thread the user was heating them in the microwave then crushing and swallowing with water. not sure if that is advisable. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Long time reader of blue light, first time post.

So I have daily migraines and have been prescribed norco and percocet for them. I usually run out before i can get a refill which always sucks. I have a few hundred 60mg morphine er pills. Orally taking them intact or broken in half doesn't do me any good. if i take 120mg+ at a time it not only does not do a whole lot for the pain, but gives me a gnarly hangover the next morning. I know there is a gel/wax matrix that makes it difficult to get more bang for your buck in terms of pain relief. I am a former IV drug user so I don't want to snort(which i know is pointless due to BA) or slam them. I was wondering if parachuting them would work? I also read in another thread the user was heating them in the microwave then crushing and swallowing with water. not sure if that is advisable. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that you should explore medications that are specifically prescribed to treat migraines. Opiates are usually only used in the emergency room if a person is suffering a migraine, but they are usually prescribed other medications for them. Morphine is very good for pain, but may not be that effective for treating migraines.

Parachuting them probably won't work that much better than taking them whole since it will gel back together once in your stomach. If you are content on parachuting it then do small doses every few minutes after eating a few crackers after each dose. I have not heard of the microwave method for morphine, so I can't recommend it. Plugging it should be more effective though, if you want to go down that route.

i have been through many different treatments for migraines already. immitrex, treximet, few other trepans, occipital nerve block injections and most recently 31 injections of botox around far head and neck to "block pain route" all to no avail. painkillers are the only way for me to get through the day. I currently work 2 jobs at 50+ hours a week. being laid out in pain isn't an option. when i took more than 3 or four of them whole a day, i end up with this hangover headache and need to take more to get rid of that before work and so on and so forth until a day off where i just crash in pain, or get back on norcos/percs. looking for a way to only have to take one or two for maximum relief. and again as a former IV user plugging just seems too close to my old ways of recreational use. I really am just trying to reduce the pain I'm in without crossing the line to abuse or recreation if that makes sense.

and wouldn't parachuting them increase their surface area and thus speed up absorption?

i have been through many different treatments for migraines already. immitrex, treximet, few other trepans, occipital nerve block injections and most recently 31 injections of botox around far head and neck to "block pain route" all to no avail. painkillers are the only way for me to get through the day. I currently work 2 jobs at 50+ hours a week. being laid out in pain isn't an option. when i took more than 3 or four of them whole a day, i end up with this hangover headache and need to take more to get rid of that before work and so on and so forth until a day off where i just crash in pain, or get back on norcos/percs. looking for a way to only have to take one or two for maximum relief. and again as a former IV user plugging just seems too close to my old ways of recreational use. I really am just trying to reduce the pain I'm in without crossing the line to abuse or recreation if that makes sense.

and wouldn't parachuting them increase their surface area and thus speed up absorption?
taking them orally or plugging is really your best option, i've tried just about anything.

Sorry to jack org. thread quick but want to comment quick on opioid/migraine deal...clinically, opioids are not only ineffective for treatment of migraine but are known to cause them as well. Personally (both in my life and in clinic situations) I don't follow the idea of no narcotics for management of migraines. I too suffered from these for many yrs getting into a vicious cycle of narcotic induced migraines (I didn't know better at the time, ended up with chronic daily headaches). I did a sleep cure to break the cycle, went to John Hopkins and the dr. gave me a diet (I was 17 at the time, thought it was BS, didn't do it for 6 yrs, it was a miracle). I probably get 2 straight migraines/week, auras another 1-2/wk. usually the triptan works (imitrex). However, maybe 3/month, it doesn't and I have to take the hydrocodone. Part of the John Hopkins dr.'s plan was strict restriction on amount of imitrex, etc. (he was massive straight no narcotic). So I limit myself to a max of 150 mg of imitrex/wk (50 mg in half every 2 hrs) usually, I don't come close to this. I also limit myself to max 15mg of hydrocodone/wk (3-5/500). On off chance I need to (2x/last 3 yrs) I'll go to ED for IM narcotic/phenegran med.
Moral of this long story...if a pt. comes into ED w/migraine, I try and get a better history to gauge the mindset. Generally, if they are willing to be patient w/me I'll advocate hardcore for narcotic treatment (I'm a peon and most ED attendings view migraine pt.s as drug seekers so I can't really just do an order). In clinic I'll recommend whatever triptan works for pt. (if established and no contraindicators) @ 50 mg 15/3 refills; 24 5/500 vicodin 0 refills. If hx dictates, will do a daily beta locker, anti epileptic, or whatever else. I think in the medical community migraine sufferers have gotten a bad rap and pain is pain. However, narcotics aren't a treatment for migraines, pain-yes, but be careful (I know you were I've drug user, etc.) if nerve block didn't work, there may be something deeper pathologically going on. Hope you can find effective relief, the tips around here hopefully can be a start at helping you function.

parachuting means with water correct, because thats what i do. pluggin is dry ... i get confused here with that term

i just say rectal

parachuting means with water correct, because thats what i do. pluggin is dry ... i get confused here with that term

i just say rectal

Parachuting = Wrapping crushed pill(s) powder into 1 ply of tp or tissue twist until tight ball, cut off tip, wash down w/ at least 8 oz. of water (16 oz better)

morphine gel and injections

Shooting mscontin is extremely bad for you! Don't do it. The pills have a wax matrix that will gel up in water and they can fuck up your veins badly. The mod fastandbulbous did come up with a technique to safely extract the morphine from these pills, but it requires some chem. knowledge and possibly hard to get chemicals.

Actually table salt.. cold water and being prompt in loading rig works great for me.. its simple as well.. not rocket science. . I have hives and burning on both arms and my left thigh.. I took an antihistamine but its gotten worse been about 6 hours and its not going away..