Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Correct Needle Width & Syringe Size for Meth IV

Stimulantis

Bluelighter
Hi all.

Was quickly wondering:

I've never Iv'ed anything before but would like to try injecting meth just this once.

My question is:

I've read a lot now on 'how to properly inject' and am confident but:

-What is the correct needle width & length, correct syringe size & length ect for injecting meth?

-Also, where can one acquire needles and syringes plus a tourniquet even if you have to pay for it?

I'm currently situated is Adelaide, South Australia by the way.

Any help would be really great.

Thank You.

What you want are BD Ultra Fines. In Australia these are the standerd syringes you can buy over the counter. I have used them countless times to IV meth and heroin.

Are those the types they sell for insulin injections?

The needles look so tiny, I thought they were designed for small skin penetration for diabetics, not for IV? but if you used them and they were fine then ok, thnx: >

Except, when you say over the counter, do you mean at any chemist? as I heard from one of girlfriends, most chemists do not sell or give out needles & syringes?

Some chemists sell IV kits specifically for drug users, you get 4 syringes, cottons, sterile water, swabs, and a sharps disposal container, they usually charge 2 bucks for it. If you search the internet you should also be able to find a local needle exchange where you can pick up everything you need for free, as well as some good advice if you ask. Also some states have vending machines that dispense the packs the same as the ones sold at the chemist - they're usually near a needle exchange.

If you really only want to try it 'just this once' then IVing is probably not for you, I have never met someone who has switched to using IV meth/smack after using it other ways and then changed back to their previous ingestion method - so don't kid yourself. Be careful, do lots of reading, and if at all possible, do it with someone who knows what they're doing.

Oh and yeah the BD ultrafines are 1cc/1ml syringes with a 27gauge needle, that's what you need, and I believe DoctorShop was correct in saying they're indentical to those used for inject insulin.

Sorry I'm from Perth. It may be different in your state. Apologies. You may need to try a needle exchange program.

I know they look tiny. A 1ml insulin syringe will be fine though.

edit: here is a picture of a 'fitpack'. This would be ideal for you:

fitpack%20mk2%20with%20contents.jpg

Last edited:
but would like to try injecting meth just this once.

hmm.......once, ey?

If you enjoy meth at all I very much doubt this will be your last foray into the fun-filled world of the IV rush.
You need standard insulin syringes available from many pharmacies, I'm also in adelaide.
Anyway, ask for a "fitpack" at a reasonable sized pharmacy and they'll hook you up with whichever size packs they carry, i usually find 3 packs and 10 packs...should be some alcohol swabs and saline solution (sterile water) to use as well. They're not expensive.

It would also be a very good idea to have someone who knows what they're doing there as it seems easy as anything when you're reading the info but it can be harder sometimes when put into a practical sense.

PM me if ya need more details.

Dam the fitpacks in Brissy don't have those cool spoons :(
The majority of pharmacies I've been to have sold sharps kits for about $5 for 5 Every major city would have some needle exchanges a fellow Adelaide IV user maybe able to help you there

Thnx on all the responses so far guys, really appreciate it.:>
I guess I'll just have to try a few chemists and ask for a 'fit pack' + look up some needle exchange places.

Also, yes, I do understand the powerful potential of the so called 'Once you IV, you never go back' but I'm only going to live once, and this is a personal decision I guess. Knowing my self & ever since i first tried meth (around 1999) I use it maybe no more than Once every 3-5 months maximum and buy no more then a gram at a time.
I honestly do not see experimenting various methods of administration affecting the magnitude of consumption nor will it alter the frequency of substance required for my self.

Back on topic thou, in the "A safety Manual for Injection Drug Users" in .pdf document i got off this site, it stated that it is better to mix your meth with cleanest possible water ie: boiled for at least 10mins then cooled or bottled water instead of saline.

I'm sure many of you inject with saline anyway thou, I thought I'd just mention this point:>

Lastly, what about the tourniquet? I doubt you can pick one up at your local deli.......Where do you competent IV'ers get yours from?
I've seen a couple on ebay but have to be shipped from UK, hence a long wait.
Alice.

Adelaide NSP's

at the royal adelaide hospital clinic 275

Clean Needle ProgramSAVIVE is part of the state-wide Clean Needle Program (CNP). There are many outlets participating in the CNP, making sterile injecting equipment and health information available to injectors throughout South Australia. CNPs have been instrumental in containing the threat of a major HIV/AIDS epidemic in Australia and they continue to play an important role in preventing the further spread of hepatitis B and C. To find the nearest Clean Needle Program site phone the Alcohol and Drug Information Service on 1300 131 340 or refer to our Contact Us page

SAVIVE (South Australian Voice for IV Education)

Norwood Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8334 1699
Email: [email protected]
Open: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday

The Parks Community Health Centre - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8243 5611
Open: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday

Port Adelaide Community Health Centre - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8240 9611
Open: 9.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday (Closed from 12.30pm - 1pm)

Noarlunga Primary Health - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8384 9661
Open: 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday (Closed from 12.30pm - 1pm)

Second Story (CITY) - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8232 0233
Open: 11am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 11am - 8pm Friday

Shopfront Youth Health Service (SALISBURY) - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8281 1775
Open: 10am-5pm Monday to Friday, 1pm - 5pm Wednesday

SA SIN (South Australian Sex Industry Network)
Phone: (08) 8334 1666
Web: www.sin.org.au

You dont need a tourniquet.

Just pump your arm a few times to make your veins come up on your arm (you know the one I mean?) and then hold your arm against your side.

Does this make sense?

edit: nice work madmick.

Last edited:
Yeh tourniquet isn't necessary if your veins are still virgins! Still having troubles? Try a hot shower get some blood flowing down your arms, a belt can be used as a tourniquet or take your tshirt off and wrap it around your arm tight and pull on it with your teeth. Your best tourniquet is a non-judgemental friend and always good to have someone with you when your having a whack

Stimulantis said:
I'm sure many of you inject with saline anyway thou, I thought I'd just mention this point:>

Lastly, what about the tourniquet? I doubt you can pick one up at your local deli.......Where do you competent IV'ers get yours from?

in my experience (work at a nsp organisation in canberra) alot of people do use the saline in the four or eight fitpaks and do ask for a handful of salines containers if they are getting 25packs.

but if they dont haev saline ive heard of ppl using tapwater when desperate some dont even boil it some do in the kettle- which is really bad.

but if you must inject use the saline its got no bacteria in it from being irradiated.

as for cheap tourquinets they come in the four and eight fitpacks wel here in canb, the ones you are taking about is reuseable ones, be careful though if you start injecting with other ppl and they use your gear you can get BBV through micro spots of blood through sharing these.

if not try a medical school bookshop, or a tafe where nursing is taught there usually sold next to the stethescope an equiptment and are able to be autoclaved id you ever get the chance

NUAA's Guide to Tourquinets and safer injecting realy good resource

UN42_Tourniquets.pdf

if your really stuck after looking and contacting the above org........PM me and ill look into adelaide services that have the four and eight pack through the NSP here

Last edited:
Stimulantis said:
Back on topic thou, in the "A safety Manual for Injection Drug Users" in .pdf document i got off this site, it stated that it is better to mix your meth with cleanest possible water ie: boiled for at least 10mins then cooled or bottled water instead of saline.

just a few other things on top of the clean water:

1. clean you hands
2. clean your hands again
3. clean the injection site
4. make sure your meth is clean (i.e. the dealer cleans there hands).
5. use your your needle once. Its really tempting to double use but just don't
6. don't share your spoon, or filter with anyone else.

Stimulantis said:
I've seen a couple on ebay but have to be shipped from UK, hence a long wait.
Alice.

A piece of rubber, even a belt. When you inject keep the the tourniquet on. Once you've injected release the tourniquet and then remove the needle. Clean the injection site once again.

aushippy said:
Yeh tourniquet isn't necessary if your veins are still virgins! Still having troubles? Try a hot shower get some blood flowing down your arms, a belt can be used as a tourniquet or take your tshirt off and wrap it around your arm tight and pull on it with your teeth. Your best tourniquet is a non-judgemental friend and always good to have someone with you when your having a whack

don't listen to aushippy.

A tourniquet is extremely useful in that it highlights the injecting site for you. What you don't want to do is dig around in there with your needle, looking for the vein, spearing it etc.

Want you want to do is be in quick and fast. No messing around, no scaring your vein and arm and no prolonging your exposure to infection.

That's good advice. However I still don't think a tourniquet is entirely necessary. If you have deep veins, sure, use one. If you have prominent veins though why bother?

Madmick - Thnx for all the necessary info, when I'm good and ready to go ahead, I will look into one or more of the places recommended.

Chugs, thnx for the extra hygiene points.
I've pretty much covered all the areas off 'clean as possible' from other IV manuals also.

As for the tourniquet, yes my veins are all clean and clear as I've never stuck needles into them plus they naturally do pop out to the surface easily, so maybe skipping the tourniquet if possible will be the way to go, otherwise something like a belt, condom ect should do, its just that I'll probably be doing it alone as its a personal thing and although this does not phase me at all, if I do end up using something to tie around, it should have a quick release knot made so i can release as soon as the needle has penetrated the vein.

Doing it all with one hand might be tricky, will have to learn to be flexible once the needle is in I'm guessing.

Quick other question -
All I'll ever be injecting is meth with saline or sterilized water, from what I read, I'm to understand you only need as much water to dissolve the meth.
So on a tablespoon for example, you could put in maybe 3 points or so then just make sure its all nicely dissolved allowing the needle to easily suck it up.
I also read that using a little more saline in the mix then necessary won't prove to be harmful.
If any one wants to add/correct the above, please do:>

This website has proven very reliable and I once again thank all those who came with help.
Alice.

Stimulantis,

Normally I would just mix my gear up in the bag with about 40-50 units of water. Seeing as how its your first time...

I would sterilise a spoon with one of the wipes you get from the fitpack. For .1g like I said above, I would use around 40-50 units. Some people may suggest you use far less then that: between 10-30 units. I don't like to use such a small amount but each to their own. In your case for around .3g I would use around 50-60 units.

Please bear in mind that the above information is just my personal experience in shooting meth. Be safe and have fun :)

if your going to start injecting, how are you going to make sure that it doesnt become problematic drug use btw, do you have signs for when enoughs enough??.

is your health good?? and do you have any problems saying no or putting things off or into perspective while high??

according to Alex Wodak, smoking gives a higher concentration in the brain compared to injecting at the elbow joint.

is the rush worth chasing, or is the journey enough by itself im happy with the journey

i know these are the questions i ask myself to put it in perspective :)

Last edited:
Ok so 50-60 units, I'm assuming you'd use another syringe to measure .6 of 1ml yes?

madmick19, those are indeed some good points, have you ever injected?
My health is good, i exercise regularly and eat well.
I suppose i just want to try it, as normally i eat the stuff or snort it.

I won't be snorting anything anymore as after my last snort something has happened to my sinuses. I Don't know what it is but it feels like damage.

Every now and then i get stuck with this funny smell which i can't explain, at first I swore it was coming from my body or the house but now I know it doesn't, It's my sinuses playing tricks on me (I know it sounds weird but these strange smells coming from inside my nose drive me insane) To this day this hasn't left me alone.
I also notice i get a blocked nose for a long long time after a cold which shouldn't happen, not that long anyway (up to 4 weeks!)

As for smoking, I heard ice is best to smoke, I only know 1 person that can get me stuff and its always meth, nothing else, sometimes its decent, sometimes its not even that good:/ so I was never going to bother with smoking it.

Who here actually smokes normal meth? Is still good? Does it damage your lungs worse then cigarettes & weed?

So lastly comes IV, as opposed to eating it which takes a long time to kick in and you loose some of the effects, I really wanted to experience that rush I guess.
Like I said before thou, it wont affect the amount or frequency of administration.
I can not become a junkie, its not like me.