• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Correct Needle Width & Syringe Size for Meth IV

well if you have some really good ways of making sure your use doesnt become problematic then you are on a path with will asfeguard you health a little more.

as for becomming a junkie... im not sure anyone does at the beginning,

if your drug use has become a regular part of coping through times of high stress i would be very wary of starting on needles

Stimulantis said:
Back on topic thou, in the "A safety Manual for Injection Drug Users" in .pdf document i got off this site, it stated that it is better to mix your meth with cleanest possible water ie: boiled for at least 10mins then cooled or bottled water instead of saline.

Yeh i wouldnt use bottled water for injections, if by bottled water you mean the shit you buy at the supermarket for drinking. If your gonna buy bottled water for injecting buy distilled water i think it would be safer. or do the boiling for 10 mins trick.

also i found iv meth 1000 times more intense than snorting or eating so get ready for the rush ya know.

madmick19 said:
if your drug use has become a regular part of coping through times of high stress i would be very wary of starting on needles

I would more say I have an addiction to Tramadol when it comes to coping with occasional depression & tougher times.

Tramadol is like a wonder drug to me, it seems to act as a mood lifter & a pain killer. (Which by the way I suffer from back damage & hence have been on prescribed analgesics such as opiates and others for some time now)
Like all drugs however, Tramadol does too have its side effects (mainly upset stomach after prolonged continuous use) and therefore taking breaks from it, is mandatory.

As for Methamphetamine, to me is more like a "novelty drug" if that makes sense.
Something you enjoy in small spurs with as long breaks in between as possible.
(For me thats around 4-5 months)

EmuBitter:

Just out of curiosity, what would be you average dosage per 1 hit?
How much meth would you mix with water? (I understand if you do not wish to disclose)
You say you found iv meth 1000 times more of a rush then snorting or eating.
1000 x the original feeling is a bit intense, hope you were kiddingly exaggerating.

I know that sometimes when the gear I acquire is really potent, i can dip in with the end of a knife and maybe eat 3-4 points worth and I am absolutely overtaken by the drug, peaking for hours.
I couldn't even imagine intensifying that feeling by 10 times, little alone 1000 lol, I would be in an ambulance being pumped from a cardiac arrest.

I know some people are at a state where they are injecting up to 2 grams of un-cut meth per hit, more then once every 2-3 days & tweaking on days.
That to me is outrageous.

Although I'm not completely new to meth, I think for IV'ing being a first time, 2 points (if the gear is descent) or maybe 3 (if gear isn't all that great to my personal judgment) should be sufficient. (0.2/0.3 of a gram)

As for the bottled water, I would of thought it would be well purified but after all, no one can see and knows for sure the filtering process so I would agree to go with saline or the "boil water for at least 10mins then mix on sterilized spoon" method.

ive only injected it once and have no plans to inject meth again, it was more of a one off experience to see what it was like. so i waited till i got good quality crystal and then tried it.

yeh 1000x as intense is an exaggeration, but it felt like it at the time, just coz it hits so quick.

when i did it i coudnt stop fiddling with stuff, felt great etc the usual meth feelings but going from sober to peaking so quickly was the main difference. even smoking didnt compare imo, cause its impossible to smoke that amount in 10 seconds.

also i should add that if i ever did meth again the other methods of administation wouldnt even cross my mind, ya know so be careful if you like the stuff.

bottled water isnt sterilised as far as i know, so could possibly contain bacteria etc.

Stimulantis said:
I would more say I have an addiction to Tramadol when it comes to coping with occasional depression & tougher times.

hmmmm.................. i did mean any drug by the way, from my perspective that would put you in the higher risk cat of having it become problematic.

if your going to IV start with .1, you can always increment at time intervals, make sure someone you know actually knows what you are doing incase you have problems and.......

if you miss the vein first go or second: the drug is still in your body it just didnt hit the mark, you also have to account for that :)

ahhhhhh.............sometimes being informed is hard work ;)

madmick19 said:
if you miss the vein first go or second: the drug is still in your body it just didnt hit the mark, you also have to account for that :)

Meaning it will stay between the skin tissue and slowly absorb too?
This can have potential problems can't it. Has it ever happened to you?

I do have larger veins and with a correct needle I'm sure I won't miss.

Stimulantis said:
Meaning it will stay between the skin tissue and slowly absorb too?
This can have potential problems can't it.
I do have larger veins and with a correct needle I'm sure I won't miss.

yep that right, it gets still gets absorbed, if it happens people i know tend to errr on the side of caution and wait it out for a while or call it a day at that.

even the most experienced iv users occasionally have a vein that rolls away from the needle or can punch right through it.

sometimes it can become an abscess and get infected, even just IVing normally can potentially become infected as your breaching the protection of the bodies closed system- have to keep an eye on this too incase it gets infected

might be worthwhile taking a leaf out of the above paragraph and err if you miss ???

Info from UK

fitzroy legal service booklet on health while injecting

An abscess is a local infection. If left untreated it can develop into septicaemia (or blood
poisoning), which will affect your entire bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, the bacteria
can multiply rapidly, spread around the body and attack any organ. If septicaemia is not
treated urgently, it can be fatal. Septicaemia, like an abscess, is treated with antibiotics,
which are often given intravenously for a period of weeks. Symptoms of septicaemia can
include high fevers, rashes, chills, severe shivering, loss of consciousness, restlessness,
delirium and exhaustion.

from the last link

Just found this website by AIVL tonight, usually their stuff is a pretty good source of info

www.wizzwize.com.au

Missed hit

power point presentation for workers on safer injecting from the states

BL's Amphetamine FAQ

as like everything BL its bloody huge and has heaps of hyperlinks

Something also important now i realised what you wrote before if yu have depression and take SSRI's that another increased risk, Crystal methamphetamine doesnt just work on dopamine receptors but a range of the transmitters, some of which different anti depressants work on.

good rule of thumb

depression + drugs usually = bad karma, better off getting the body and mind as close as possible to right ...........before whipping it ;)

Last edited:
if your going to IV start with .1, you can always increment at time intervals

Good advice, the rush is an amazing feeling but overdo it and you might find it a bit uncomfortable, to the point of feeling like your lungs are really tight and it's hard to breathe...even if it's not GREAT gear, one point should still give you a nice big kick if it's your first IV (provided you haven't eaten or smoked any more meth in the previous 12 hours or so)....I remember my ex giving me my first shot of just a point (of quite good meth, mind you) and for a brief scond I though my head was going to explode...

It was fucking fantastic!!

I'm__Broken__ said:
It was fucking fantastic!!

I shall try 1 point to begin with then: >
And for 1 point 20-30 units of water sounds reasonable.....

Thought I'd also mention another fact from a "Safe Injection Guide" - "The more saline mixed with the drug, the less vein damage"

To be honest, all that concerns me now is getting the right amount of water.
I don't think this will be too problematic though.

madmick19 - I don't suffer from clinical or serious depression. I've never been on SSIR's or any other anti-depressants. I just meant the usual ups and downs in life:>

"Also, yes, I do understand the powerful potential of the so called 'Once you IV, you never go back' but I'm only going to live once, and this is a personal decision I guess. Knowing my self & ever since i first tried meth (around 1999) I use it maybe no more than Once every 3-5 months maximum and buy no more then a gram at a time.
I honestly do not see experimenting various methods of administration affecting the magnitude of consumption nor will it alter the frequency of substance required for my self. "

Hhaha sounds like my casual use of heroin when I was still snorting it.. up untill I started shooting and doing it every day.

If its real good quality even a point may be too much, after we had been through a g of what I would call A grade we got another g from a diff source and one point of that gave a rush so hard it caused nystagmus, flickering vision etc. Heaven for those used to it but I imagine it would be pretty full on for a first timer.

Be careful man, once you've done it its gonna be real hard to go back to smoking/snorting.

Thought I'd also mention another fact from a "Safe Injection Guide" - "The more saline mixed with the drug, the less vein damage
Are the little bottles you get from the needle exchange distilled water or a sterile saline solution?

rogan said:
Are the little bottles you get from the needle exchange distilled water or a sterile saline solution?

yes they are sterilized saline mix same grade as hospitals as far as i know with our kits

.3 - .5 of saline in a insulin syringe to mix a point up is what is commonly used by the clients i have talked to

^ Sterile water OK too - the ampoules are marked "sterile water for injection"... good enough eh?

And yeah I'd go for way less than a point for first go - you can always have a second shot to top up if you don't get enough the first time. Chop out a small line and try that much first up.

If you're concerned about injection technique - no harm having a practice run first with just water.

I shall try 1 point to begin with then: >
And for 1 point 20-30 units of water sounds reasonable.....

30 units would be a good amount, i think. The more diluted the solution, the less vein irritation it will cause, but i think with one point anything beyond 30 units isn't going to make a huge difference (mind you, that's an assumption of sorts).
Bear in mind that if you use too much water, the plunger will be sticking out of the syringe quite far and will be very cumbersome to operate, especially for your first blast.

I think the more dilution = better theory really comes into play when you have people mixing up half gram shots into 20 units of water to get something resembling chicken soup.

By the way, it's very heartening to see someone researching this so thoroughly instead of being impulsive and not bothering to educate themselves....
Adelaide represent!!

^good tips mate. 30 units is that 3mls of water? if it is those 1ml syringes wont hold that much water. i think a point will disolve in 10 units of water quite easily (if 10 units = 1ml ofcoarse).

ayjay said:
I'd go for way less than a point for first go - you can always have a second shot to top up if you don't get enough the first time. Chop out a small line and try that much first up.

Point taken, thanks.

I'm__Broken__ said:
By the way, it's very heartening to see someone researching this so thoroughly instead of being impulsive and not bothering to educate themselves...

Equipping your self with adequate knowledge on injecting a foreign substance with various mixed chemicals directly into your bloodstream is something anyone should investigate 100% no doubt about that:>

EmuBitter:
100 units = 1ml from what others have said.
The easiest way of achieving accurate "meth to water ratio" would be to use another sterile syringe to deliver the required water/saline.

^good tips mate. 30 units is that 3mls of water? if it is those 1ml syringes wont hold that much water. i think a point will disolve in 10 units of water quite easily (if 10 units = 1ml ofcoarse).

Emu Bitter!! I haven't drunk that for a while, fond memories of a few hazy afternoons....a guy in a pub i used to work in used to love it, was always shouting me a few....
1 unit = 0.01 ml
Your standard insulin syringe contains 100 units, or 1 ml....they do come in 0.5ml size as well, haven't really seen any other sizes as far as insulin syringes go. But you wouldn't ever be needing to inject any more than 100 units of insulin, not even close...

^thanks for clearing that up for me. ahhah good to see another person whos let EmuBitter beer have its way with them

Not sure if they have it in SA but u can call the needle exchange and they deliver fits, pretty much as many as u want. Enjoy the metalic taste :)

Hey Stimulantis any updates on how you went with this? Assuming you have.

Interested in your opinion of the experience.