• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Correct Needle Width & Syringe Size for Meth IV

mushi mushi 88 said:
I have IV'd base before and it was the greatest feeling I have ever had only ever done it once and I wont again, I got somebody else to do it for me because I have a needle phobia... Anyways I am very interested in IVing some coke, has anybody done this with Aussie coke or would it be a little risky because it is probably cut with shit? Has anybody in Australia done this previously and did you do anything to get it a little more purer.

follow all the same precaution in the last few pages, you can filter the coke the same as meth, the pill filters have a size for bacteria, chalk like substances and one between the two from memory.

if you do the gradual reduction of pill filter size- start from biggest (chalk like) then go through to bacterial it is time consuming and you do lose a bit of the active substance but for the substance youre getting you ave reduced the binders through pushing them through three different filters.

but in the end you dont really know what youre getting except that it is alot more polluted / adulterated than "normal"

there are various reduction methods and purify methods but that would be for the advanced DD forum, as this is about safe injecting :) (and i get lost in complex chemistry)

coke a false economy in australia for most of the time rarely do you get good stuff, and if you ever do; you dont like he rest that you try untill you find something that matches what you had before.

ill talk to the mods and see if its ok to upload pics how to use the filters and barrels- that is if you are going to inject.

^^^^ If you could get picks that would be awesome.... I have been getting pretty damn good coke lately, 1.5 - 2 points gives you that euphoric feeling and makes your face mostly numb supposedly it is 79% but I have gotten heaps better then that before it felt soooo good. I will probably never come across that again though... :(

Anyways I am just worried about the shit they cut it with whether that would be risky seeing as you don't know what it's cut with it could be fatal to inject it.

I wouldnt shoot the coke even though I am really keen to try some IV, but in australia I just think its too risky.

And the thing with the 79% purity....I doubt it, every coke dealer ive ever met says their coke is 70% or 80% and they think theyre right, they arent just using it to make you buy more. Most of the coke here wouldnt be over 50% and if you get more than 50% it'd be rare and you'd be lucky or your purifying it yourself.

If your going to shoot coke make sure you purify it first, thats what I dont want to do because i'll get a gram, purify it and i'll get 200mg of coke with mostly meth and crap in the leftovers. Ive never done it but I know that's what will happen.

If your going to shoot the coke make sure other people have shot it too.

For the op, I was shooting meth(base) for the last few days, not today thankfully and I was using 29g terumo syringes which is what you get with the fitpacks from the vendors in NSW. Just take a look around.

mushi mushi - I wouldn't worry too much about the cuts in coke if you're injecting it. The main problem with injecting coke is the coke - it's too fucking yummy and you end up keeping on doing it until you've fucked all your veins.

OK worst case scenario but bear in mind rush is very intense and drug effects very short lasting. By all means give it a go but be aware that it can be very habit forming.

As far as cuts - unlikely to be dangerous, but sometimes other -caines are used to cut coke (like benzocaine). These drugs don't have much psychoactive effect - just cause numbing (that's why they are used as cut - "Hey this coke must be great my face is numb"). In large doses, these other -caines will increase blood pressure a lot more than coke would (so heart attack/stroke risk).

Also the numbing effect of coke means that if you shoot multiply in one session, it gets harder and harder to get your shot right - more chance of missing, hence more chance of infection, abscess etc..

How long after IV'ing ice are you guys able to sleep?

Went through 1g of what was described by a long term IV ice user as the best quality he has ever used. Its now over 40 hours since my last shot and I still can't sleep. I feel like I have a single digit IQ, my speech has dramatically slowed but my heart rate is still elavated and eyes slightly dilated. I've tried to sleep multiple times but I just lie there for hours, relaxed and content, but sleep never comes so I get bored and have to get up and do something. It sucks having to miss uni and work but thats not a major issue - I'm just starting to think irrational thoughts that I will get psychosis before I sleep.

So yeah just wondering if this is a dangerous situation or if I should just chill out and wait to get tired? Normally I can sleep within 20 hours (less with benzos). Alcohol makes me feel depressed so want to avoid it.

Think this will be my last IV meth experience, the rush was so intense and euphoric that I couldn't stop until the bag was empty, even though I knew I had such an important week ahead :\ its not so much that I find it addictive its just those 20 minutes of intense rushing is infinitely more pleasurable than the six hour clear headed euphoric high that follows. At least with smoking/snorting I will go out, be social and enjoy the high - with IV I am very social with the people around but the thought that is always on my mind is when I can I have the next shot? It will definitely be hard, but for me personally the rush sets the bar for intense experiences too high for real world experiences to compete.

Btw, I'm not trying say IV meth is evil or anything stupid like that - its just among the long term IV users (5+ years) that I have used with there are those with successful careers/relationships/health that use responsibly and there are those that seem so emotionally flat that they only ever really look happy when they are rushing - if I keep using I can see myself being one of the latter.

1g is way to much meth to IV in a single session, the comedown from that is going to be hardcore rogan. From my own experience you'll probably crash within the next 10-20 hours, I know exactly how you feel and I remember once swapping all the ice I had left for some heroin so I could come down (I got the short end of the stick $ wise on that deal, but didn't care I got sleep and couldn't look at that meth anymore anyway).

You're pretty spot on about 20 min rushing, It's about the only part of the meth high I used to enjoy, the rest was far too taxing on body and mind and as I got older the comedowns began to far outweigh the high.

Start of 2008: 1g of low quality speed would keep me happy all weekend. Now: 1g of ice costs 6x as much and the bag is empty in less than twelve hours.

The lesson to learn is be careful chasing the rush, I could always enjoy the high but the rush never lived up to its reputation until I was shooting 0.25g at a time - I'm now dreading what state I will be in for my very physical job that I financially can't afford to take anymore days off tomorrow.

Think I might try replacing iv with dissolving ice in 5ml water then putting in one of those nasal spray bottles - hit faster and more efficient than snorting while not as habit forming as smoking. Anyway going off topic sorry, must sleep today.

still no reply from our topic starter, hope all went well and that your just enjoying it so much you forgot to tell us. failing that your probably like the rest of the 1st time iv people, got a bruise on your arm your embarassed and not high!

Hi everyone.

I do apologize for no updates up until now, a few internet issues as well as time management, resulted in a delayed response.
Ok, so for the experience –
Finally managed to get some gear after a long search with failed attempts.
What I did –

I went to a chemist and asked for a ‘Fit Pack’, got one
A few days later when the right time came and I was ready, I begun preparing.

Have to admit I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, many paranoid thoughts kept rolling thru my head like – Am I now officially classified as a junkie as I’m sticking needles into my arms? What would my other recreational drug using friends say about this, they never IV’ed and they’re happy…..Anyways, that was just me, and I totally expected it anyway.
So I was sitting in the kitchen, I unpacked everything from the Fit Pack, got the gear out ect…and I had to put on the heater lol…this was due to the nervousness…I all off a sudden felt cold, I knew I would not bring any veins up this way and I could forget it.
So I walked away for a few moments and tried relaxing. I ran my whole arm under the laundry tap with warm-hot water for about 2 minutes, this proved to be a good idea and it helped.

I took out a flat kitchen-butter knife and ran the kettle, then I ran the boiling water over that knife and over the little plastic spoon that came in the Fit Pack just to be safe as that lil plastic spoon isn’t wrapped or anything so its not sterile.

I put some meth into the spoon when it cooled, added the injectable water from the Fit Pack (about 4 drops) and used the knife to crush it all up because when I poured the water over the meth, chunks of crystals just sat there, they wouldn’t dissolve until I picked at them with the knife. After all was dissolved nicely, I sucked everything up with the provided syringe (1ml BD Ultra-Fine 29G x ½”) then let the air bubbles out and pushed the plunger a bit until a few drops came out.

Still a bit nervous, I once again went to warm my arm up, plus cleaned the injecting area with soap and water.
Moment of truth –
I sat down, and let my arm hang there for a bit…At this point I questioned the tourniquet and whether I should use it or not (well belt actually)…In the end, I did not end up using it, as doing all this your self is too difficult and its hard enough controlling the needle and keeping things steady, little alone unclipping the belt/tourniquet.
So, I swabbed the vein with the isopropyl alcohol & aimed the needle as instructed (so the very tip is facing down, and the hole inside the needle is facing up) and inserted it in on an angle. It seemed to go in ok, but when I pulled back to see if I’m inside correctly and to see if I would bring up the ‘thick red blood’ this didn’t happen…..I pulled out straight away, wiped the area and chilled for a moment. I still admit I was nervous, in fact after the first failed attempt, I began shaking….this didn’t help too much as one can imagine.
I tried again, this time, the blood did draw back better….I proceeded to continue and slowly pushed on the plunger….Suddenly, I felt a painful sting!…I knew this was not right and quickly pulled out again…
My suspicion is that I was still not in correctly, luckily I only pushed on the plunger a tiny bit, so if I did skin pop, hardly anything went in.
It was still stinging when I pulled out, luckily no lump was formed (and all my puncture marks healed very quickly with no problems I am happy to report)

So at this point I already jabbed my self twice and I had no results, I was beginning to wonder if this was the way to go……then I looked at my other arm, and noticed a much better vain formation, my other arm had 2 bigger, protruding veins. I knew this would serve as an advantage.

Finally, on my third attempt, I went in smoothly half way and it felt like I was in correctly, I pulled back, thick red blood sucked up and I slowly proceeded to continue on, finishing up with everything injected in.
Pulled out, wiped the area gently and put a band aid on the area.

Afterwards – So, for that talked about “Rush” I have to say it wasn’t quite what I was expecting.
First of all the onset wasn’t that overpowering (the next 2 times I IV’ed I increased the dosage and although I could definitely feel the drug, it wasn’t like it blew me away) but I dunno, maybe the gear wasn’t super 100% either, all I know is - I IV’ed a max of 70 units of meth and water combined , I was definitely high with out any onset super mind-blowing rushes, (perhaps people that inject half a gram at a time experience those, I however do not wish to go there)
Basically the onset is definitely the fastest, just not as fast as I thought it would be, on my last IV with the most amount of meth, I was definitely buzzing, but still not after around 7 minutes.

So the Pros –
Efficiency (as in you would probably get the most out of what you have paid for)
Greatly reduced comedown – This was a real nice one for me, I noticed the drug left my system a lot quicker, as opposed to when I eat it for example.
When I eat it, 2 days on my heart is still thumping but I’m no longer experiencing any pleasant effects, I just know the meth is still in me and it can feel nasty.

Cons –
Preparation – You definitely have to prepare a special time and spot for IV’ing and it can be a bit of a headscrew.
Unsuccessful attempts – These are unpleasant as one can imagine, especially for a beginner, missing a vain or stressing to get one up could make some feel somewhat uncomfortable.
Jab marks – After my first try, I had band aids on both my arms for 3 days and wore long sleeved tops.
Addiction – Being so efficient and not lasting as long, I was tempted to go again only within an hour after my first administration! Have to be very careful.
My way of doing it – Putting a special time and place aside for doing once in a while, if you shoot up more then 3 times a month (my personal opinion) I think you may be well on your way to acquiring a steady, serious addition. (PS – I haven’t IV’ed since I went thru my last gear 2 weeks ago (half a G) and am not planning to for a while.)

Quick outlook on the comedowns -
As expected, when the administration, the buzz and all was over, it was time to start returning to your 'normal' state of mind.
No point of ranting about this too much, as I'm sure anyone who experiments with stimulants knows the after consequences but there was certainly noticeable come-downs afterwards as to be expected whether you administer via eating, snorting or injecting of course.
After my 3rd & most powerful IV (probably 2 weeks after my second one) I felt low in mood for a maybe 2 days when it was all over, had a sore back, headache the usual.. I needed a few diazepams at this stage to help me out.

All in all, it was my decision, and it was an interesting experience.
I’d like to once again thank all those who contributed with answers & facts! : >

Alice

Thanks for posting back, since meth has never really been my drug of choice I don't know if you got what you wanted or not, but yeah, the real euphoria was only felt with IV heroin for me and I don't get that these days anyway.

Glad you had a positive experience alice and it seems that you are responsible and hopefully this prevents an awful addiction.

This thread has pretty much summed up the pro's and cons of injecting meth and the do's and dont's.

After a shot of meth I can just sit on my bed and enjoy the rushes whereas if I were doing it any other way id be running around the house trying to do 10 things at once. Thats where it gets to me, thankfully meth is just too expensive for me to give too much of a fuck about it these days.

All in all glad things went ok for you and keep practising the harm reduction as its so easy to get into bad habits like not swabbing before injection and re-using needles(some things ive unfortunately had to do lately) Just keep it safe. :)

the_ketaman said:
thankfully meth is just too expensive for me to give too much of a fuck about it these days.

You're not wrong there, the price of methamphetamine is outrageous for what you get and not knowing just how pure it will be.

Like your self, the price is a major deterrent for myself too.

Just one other quick question -

After reading numerous "Safe IV Guides", one suggested that if your experiencing difficulties with correctly using filters, you may want to skip this process.
This is in fact what happened and I did not use any filters during the 3 times I administered.

I had both cigarette filters and cotton balls but after experimenting with soaking up water first, i found it hard adjust enough cotton, soak up all of what was in the spoon ect, so i skipped the filtering.

I know that meth contains some pretty harsh chemicals in it so I'm just wondering who here that IV's meth frequently sometimes skips using a filter and if so why and how bad are the dangers?

Thnx.

I find the filtering makes it easier to actually draw up all the water without blunting the needle - the tip is very delicate just touching the needle on the actual needle will cause the needle to do much more damage when you actually inject.

That being said I have quite a few times not filtered, its not good to do - but all the ice I use is relatively pure, dissolves easily and completely - if there is any visible residue that goes into your veins that has the potential to do bad damage.

As a certified profession meth IV'er I feel that I should let you know some valuable information.
First off, the one thing that effects the potency of the meth your going to be injecting most, is the amount of water you put on it. If you have a quarter (0.25g) (common doseage) of meth, and you put about 15 units of water on it, it will disolve, and most likely double back (if high quality) VERY thick into about 30 units, very potent. That shot would ring your bell for sure. However, If you take the same amount 0.25g and put 30 units of water on it, let alone the 60+ you did, the effects would be nearly non-existant.

If you want a nice rush, you need to use very little water in order to make a very concentrated "thick" shot. Using too much water is known as nothing other than a waste in the meth IV culture.

I dont' want to sound like a rat here, but stimulantis u must have got some shit gear. First time i hit the iv i was fucked, and awake for 3 days(not a good thing really, but a sure sign it was good gear), the shit i was getting was a++ and i've never been able to get as good stuff since i lost that contact. I will say one thing though, life is very boring after stopping, so maybe don't get stuck into it too much :)

Yeah definitely, if your gonna use needles use them sparingly. I used full on for about 2 months and my brain has changed so much in that time and I was mostly using so called "safe" drugs i.e opiates. Just because they dont cause brain damage per se doesnt mean it dont fuck your head for the worst. but when I was using meth all I wanted was more meth. im afraid i will never be the same and no matter how much people told me i would fuck myself up I had to find out for myself and boy did i find out.

wow alice that is a great post thanks for sharing with bluelight your journey warts and all, i think it has contributed greatly to the knowledge of bluelight overall.....

im working at the needle and syringe program next week so ill organise to get the pictures of pill filters and how to use them up asap next week.

as for the people saying that she had bad gear- the drug set and setting came into play here maybe alices nervousness washed out alot of the ability of her body to produce a euphoric high.

i know that really good drugs haven't worked for me cause i haven't been in the right mindset

the_ketaman said:
Yeah definitely, if your gonna use needles use them sparingly. I used full on for about 2 months and my brain has changed so much in that time and I was mostly using so called "safe" drugs i.e opiates. Just because they dont cause brain damage per se doesnt mean it dont fuck your head for the worst. but when I was using meth all I wanted was more meth. im afraid i will never be the same and no matter how much people told me i would fuck myself up I had to find out for myself and boy did i find out.

the fucked head from the meth gets better, dude:) i havent been a regular user for nearly 2 years now and im slowl getting back into my old shoes. it does take a lot of time, and idle time isn't included.

get out there and study something, get a job etc etc and stay off it as much as possible.

diet and exercise plays a big part as well

leftwing said:
the fucked head from the meth gets better, dude:) i havent been a regular user for nearly 2 years now and im slowl getting back into my old shoes. it does take a lot of time, and idle time isn't included.

get out there and study something, get a job etc etc and stay off it as much as possible.

diet and exercise plays a big part as well

leftwing is correct here, if you maintain and continue to build a life that gives you life rewards outside of drugs and continue to make sure the balance is stacked so you get more from life straight then getting high, you have a higher chance of not using problematically.

i designed and have run a thereputic group on this and identity and labelling for the last few months and from all the research that i have read this is a good guide how people minimise the risk of slipping back into "old habits" when moving away daily/excessive use