• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Correct Needle Width & Syringe Size for Meth IV

DoctorShop said:
Hey Stimulantis any updates on how you went with this? Assuming you have.
Interested in your opinion of the experience.

I'm still waiting for a response from the person getting me the stuff, apparently he can't get a hold of him so no gear :/
Might even turn out that I won't get hooked up at all as I'm not not a regular user hence have no solid contacts. And all that hype about the 'amazing rush' "Sigh"

Oh well, at least I have learned a lot within the past week thanks to BL!

If it does happen, i will be sure to post my experience, that is for sure, maybe even straight after I blasted?? That'd be interesting.

how bout you write you experience first then post after, once youve had some time to reflect upon it, say a good few days once your back to baseline life.....

thayt would be more appreciated

mepat1111 said:
I have never met someone who has switched to using IV meth/smack after using it other ways and then changed back to their previous ingestion method - so don't kid yourself. .
WELL i AM A PERSON WHO USE TO SMOKE METH THEN STARTED TO IV BUT NOW I'M BACK TO SMOKING

madmick19 said:
how bout you write you experience first then post after, once youve had some time to reflect upon it, say a good few days once your back to baseline life.....

thayt would be more appreciated

I see what you're trying to say, as to rate the experience erowid.org style;
Positive
Neutral
Negative

That way the 'unfortunate & ugly side/comedown" of most drugs especially stimulants could be included in the experience.

Thats a very good point as it would reflect 'the whole package' of a decision to administer a drug.

Will do.
Alice.

speedygonzales said:
WELL i AM A PERSON WHO USE TO SMOKE METH THEN STARTED TO IV BUT NOW I'M BACK TO SMOKING

yep, seconded here. iv is fun and all, but i can't escape the fact that it street shite. smoking is now my preferred method, and iv for the odd occasion.

just a reminder that this is a safer injecting thread so can we make sure this thread stays on topic

cheers.....................

madmick19 said:
just a reminder that this is a safer injecting thread so can we make sure this thread stays on topic

cheers.....................

The other day (think it was yesterday) I quickly checked this thread and didn't even get to begin reading as I had to leave but someone posted a large post and now its disappeared. Was it deleted as it was off-topic?

Thnx.

sorry it was off topic, i have asked the poster that if she really wants to share that with you it can be done in PM

Stimulantis said:
Meaning it will stay between the skin tissue and slowly absorb too?
This can have potential problems can't it. Has it ever happened to you?

I do have larger veins and with a correct needle I'm sure I won't miss.

In terms of hitting the vein though - it is not just about needle size. As i think you mentioned it also depends on angle of entry, how far in you are etc so just keep that in mind. There is no 'set' measurement but when i used to IV meth the Terumo 1ml 27 or 29 G always worked nicely. I am fairly sure they are the standard 2 most needle exchanges have anyway.

Given that it is a harm minimisation forum, I thought I would point out that is important to NOT skin pop meth. I am not necessarily directing that at you, but often people don't realise there is any difference between IM'ing meth versus another substance. Due to all the cut that is most often in amphetamines (and the extended time it takes for things to be absorbed via the IM method) it can lead to nasty abscess or increased levels of infection. If you are having issues hitting a vein and you do inadvertently go into tissue pull out straight away - don't be a junkie and keep going!

I did it once and i seriously had this huge telltale bump/bruise. Ewww.:\

Last edited:
bugger i forgot to say that there are pill filters you can use to help remove binders and stuff out of the mix before injection, its tricky but also reduces the risk a little more

Link to sterifilt

More on wheel filters which are the most common

this is the really basic brochure put out by an org that i know very well

^ watching someone boot a pill was probably one of the grossest things I have seen. Apparently you get the peak straight away but it can be as short lasting as 5 minutes and then you just get a few nice feelings for awhile afterwards. This guy kept on doing it all night. :\

With all the shit that is in pills I have always thought it safer just to eat them. Which I guess you could say about IV'ing in general but to me there just seems to be so many additional risks with pills. As you said you can get special filters but apparently they are not always effective. I have heard horror stories about people who have filtered and then been hospitalised with clogged arteries and taken months to recover. 8o

Last edited:
And a question re: "Using a filter"

So dropping a single small cotton bud into the mixed meth with water
is what something all IV'ers do?

Will the mixed solution easily suck up into the syringe?
Will it suck up any little bits of the cotton bud itself?
Is a cigarette filter better or worse then a cotton bud?

And lastly - Is it absolutely essential to use a filter or can it be by-passed all thought not recommended?

Thnx

MR Candyslut said:
With all the shit that is in pills I have always thought it safer just to eat them. Which I guess you could say about IV'ing in general but to me there just seems to be so many additional risks with pills. As you said you can get special filters but apparently they are not always effective. I have heard horror stories about people who have filtered and then been hospitalised with clogged arteries and taken months to recover. 8o

i think it wise to point out that no drug taking is ever safe or risk free, when you use IV you increase te risk factors because you are in effect directy cuttin ot some of the bodies protective measures and opening your "sealed system" up to the external word,

yes IVing pills is pretty risky, mainly because of the amount and types of fillers used in the production process, i cant remember what opiod capsules had little round balls in them a while back but i have seen the effects from people injecting them and getting nasty absesses on their bodies sometimes these would appear on legs and feet when injected in the elbow joint.

so you really never know whats going to be the outcome till after you do it.... if these absesses (sometimes golf ball size) can appear on you leg from an iv at elbow, whats to stop it from happening in your brain or heart??

i use simple logic of: Risk + risk = more risk
is more risk= to percieved benefits??

Ok. The time has come.

I guess we only live once and will therefore only be able to do certain things once.

I'll be administering intravenously for the first time soon now and I'd like to thank all on BL for all supplied learning material, whether it'd be links to downloadable safety guides or pure knowledge based on personal experience.

As promised, I will also describe my journey after it has come to an end.
Thnx.

good luck with your experience, i hope you have someone around who knows what you are doing and you use all the safety info that has been posted here

stay safe and take your time :)

i hope all works out well for you, just remember keep a nice bottle of water close to you so you dont forget to drink, cause the 1st time you iv you'll be a screaming mess if it all works well..

goodluck and if you need anything else dont hesitate to ask us :D

I have IV'd base before and it was the greatest feeling I have ever had only ever done it once and I wont again, I got somebody else to do it for me because I have a needle phobia... Anyways I am very interested in IVing some coke, has anybody done this with Aussie coke or would it be a little risky because it is probably cut with shit? Has anybody in Australia done this previously and did you do anything to get it a little more purer.

shooting anything is dangerous mushi_mushi_88 but its fun, otherwise we wouldnt do it..

hmm not sure on how to purify it, but dont use to much, dont want to see anyone get hurt.