• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DALT Thread

hey FB, is that just for 4-HO's or is that for most tryptamines (the possibility for oxidation when smoking it).

I notice I get a thick paste in my mouth when I smoke a lot of 5-meo-DMT (sometimes I'll 'bump' like 3-4mg every few minutes to get into a drawn out 5-meo-dmt ayahuasca trip like state). Is that paste a byproduct of the combustive process?

its sort of impure, they are light tan crystals, but I smoke a lot of it when I do trip on it. I like repeatedly hitting the pipe. I remember this happening with DPT freebase, but I think there was some extra sodium bicarbonate in the mix (which probably accounted for a lot of the pastey stuff).

Except last time I hit a lot all at once and had the breakthrough I haven't had on it in awhile. I died 8o

Whoa, put down the 5-meo-dmt pipe after that! Let her rest for a few months! 8o

You will likely not find any info on this. As far as I have known, this compound never existed before today.

If you happen to have some and want to try it, then I recommend starting at microgram doses and working your way up in tiny increments.

ps. Such a molecule is starting to get too big. I wonder if it retains psychedelic activity at all?

Is it anything like 5-meo-dalt? If it is most people will be disappointed.

it will be more similar to psilocin than 5-meo-DALT that you can be almost certain of (just like 5-meo-DALT will be more like 5-meo-DiPT than 4-aco-DALT).

I would guess it will be like a very mild and smooth psilocin-like trip with little to no ego loss.

even 100mg+ (orally) of this material produce only a +2. some mental sharpness, then some wooziness as if drunk, and sleepiness, along with a few telltale tryptamine physical sensations and some emotional release.

Ximot said:
even 100mg+ (orally) of this material produce only a +2. some mental sharpness, then some wooziness as if drunk, and sleepiness, along with a few telltale tryptamine physical sensations and some emotional release.
wait!? 4-AcO-DALT you tried??? Or are you talking about 5-MeO-DALT?

I'm confused!

I tried, if what I got wasn't mislabelled. First trial a friend and I did about 35mg oral each and we got very sleepy... then tried to vapourise some on top of that, but as the bitter white powder is in HCl form, it's not really vapourisable... next time I ate 50mg, adding 50 more a bit later... again, not so many effects except for what I stated above. A third trial had me ingest 114mg all at once... with few effects, even though there should have been but little tolerance as the last tryptamine ingestion had been 4 days prior. When I say it was +2, I mean that I did get some physical "oops I am coming up" feelings along with mild peripheral visuals and colour enhancement ... like having eaten a very low dose of shrooms -threshold I suppose. With emotional release I meant that I actually started crying like I hadn't in a long time. I've been depressed a fair bit lately and often find it hard to release the feelings, i.e. I don't cry but just stare into space. Somehow, with the 4-AcO-DALT the tears were released and I could dwell in the depression quite comfortably, releasing much of it. Perhaps this wouldn't have been the case if it had been stronger as my ego might have acted up rather than taken the gentle hint and let go...and maybe it's just the fact that this drug seems unable to produce anything but a +2... sorry, it's really not worth more than a "half-assed" trip report - maybe because the experience itself is somewhat half-assed... twice I added a few mg of 4-AcO-MIPT later just to get more out of it... even a lowish dose of that seemed not very active when added, likely due to tolerance... but any effects that might have yielded would say next to nothing about the nature of 4-AcO-DALT anyway. So, sorry, no extended report.

EDIT. I had heard rumours of it being somewhat empathogenic... upon thinking this over, I must say that it might well be in the sense that it is relaxing and seems to subtly open emotional channels. Hence my release as well I suppose. But it is not an empathogen along the lines of the more classic ones like MDMA or M1 and the like.

weird, well it sounds more in line with what 5-meo-DALT is like. Do you have any left over that you could marquis test? The 5-meo version should turn blackish and the 4-aco version should....I dunno actually, green maybe??? (I'm not sure if its the aco that reacts with the marquis like it is the 5-meo, ie all 5-meo compounds turn black with marquis).

anyways, thanks for the report ximot...sounds like a strange experience...but hopefully one that you needed?

take care friend, peace and hugs to you <3
andy

Ximot said:
I tried, if what I got wasn't mislabelled. First trial a friend and I did about 35mg oral each and we got very sleepy... then tried to vapourise some on top of that, but as the bitter white powder is in HCl form, it's not really vapourisable... next time I ate 50mg, adding 50 more a bit later... again, not so many effects except for what I stated above. A third trial had me ingest 114mg all at once... with few effects, even though there should have been but little tolerance as the last tryptamine ingestion had been 4 days prior. When I say it was +2, I mean that I did get some physical "oops I am coming up" feelings along with mild peripheral visuals and colour enhancement ... like having eaten a very low dose of shrooms -threshold I suppose. With emotional release I meant that I actually started crying like I hadn't in a long time. I've been depressed a fair bit lately and often find it hard to release the feelings, i.e. I don't cry but just stare into space. Somehow, with the 4-AcO-DALT the tears were released and I could dwell in the depression quite comfortably, releasing much of it. Perhaps this wouldn't have been the case if it had been stronger as my ego might have acted up rather than taken the gentle hint and let go...and maybe it's just the fact that this drug seems unable to produce anything but a +2... sorry, it's really not worth more than a "half-assed" trip report - maybe because the experience itself is somewhat half-assed... twice I added a few mg of 4-AcO-MIPT later just to get more out of it... even a lowish dose of that seemed not very active when added, likely due to tolerance... but any effects that might have yielded would say next to nothing about the nature of 4-AcO-DALT anyway. So, sorry, no extended report.

EDIT. I had heard rumours of it being somewhat empathogenic... upon thinking this over, I must say that it might well be in the sense that it is relaxing and seems to subtly open emotional channels. Hence my release as well I suppose. But it is not an empathogen along the lines of the more classic ones like MDMA or M1 and the like.

hmmm this report goes against everything else i read on the DALTs even dosewise. I ws going to try some in europe but now doubt full.
what doses to effects ratio did u find?
u seem like a bit of a hard head compared to other forum reports
what about 5me0-DALT?
isn;t there different forms like HCl, acetate, etc.??

So anyone write a trip report yet or do i have to? mine will be in excess most likely. read all the erowid report and info i could find on the net.
It seems the 5me0-DALT is better.
Could this be smokable in other forms? like a base or acetate etc?

Did you take it orally or smoke or what. i found it alot like yopo with stim after feel.

Well who'd have thunk it - a passing Drug Fairy went and dropped a lil bit of this in my lap this very morning. Fortunately fairies are canny folk (albeit somewhat fey too) so said bewinged one had popped it in a labelled baggie so I didn't have to play guess the chem that landed in me lap.

I think I can be pretty sure that it is indeed 4-AcO-DALT but there seems to be precious little info on it so far. It is made up of bright white, very fine crystals - very small crystals but not powder. I'd like to make the most of it ideally cos I don't have a huge amount and have no clue about dosage or effects really other than the Erowid report linkied in this thread... which doesn't exactly seem to be 100% reliable as far as dose goes so am taking it with a pinch of salt and a waft of male cow kaka for now.

Anybody got any more info on this one in the 18 months since this was last mentioned? Anything that may give a hint at dose, duration, effects, most suitable ROA, etc would be just spiffy :)

PS: It's the fumerate that I have if that makes much of a difference to anything.

Last edited:
how much material do you have to work with?

You dont have to answer, but if its enough for multiple trials i would just work your way up.

Ximots report on the last page claimed 100mg brought him to a ++.

id go about it something like this:
trip 1: 1-5mg
trip 2: 10-15mg
trip: 20-30mg
etc

dont go eating 100mg to start shambles.

A certain somebody who knows a thing or two about such thing suspects 10mg would be an active dose and to start lower (which I will be doing anyway, obviously). Have a feeling that the reports in this thread may actually be of 5-MeO-DALT or even something else entirely. Or maybe not... but I hope so cos if 100mg will only produce a ++ then my 70mg that is supposed to be good for a coupla proper trips plus initial titration may turn out to be a bit of a damp squib :D

that sounds inline with all the other 4 ho/aco trypts ive tried (dmt, det, dipt, mipt).
But also their 5 meo counterparts were all active at a low dosage (10mg or less) where as 5 meo dalt requires quite a bit more.

But perhpas their is no relation in dosing btwn 5 meo dalt and 4 aco dalt. It certainly wouldnt surprise me.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.

The 4 aco trypts have been some of the smoothest, crispest and most fun trips ive had.