• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DALT Thread

Any updates Shambles?

I'm wondering if the reports in here are of 5-MeO-DALT, but it wouldn't surprise me if 4-AcO-DALT isn't active until higher doses.

I bought 100mg and found it uninteresting, at least at the dosages I took. I never excdeeded 35mg which only produced threshold effects, maybe I was just underdosing. Still have 40mg or so floating about somewhere.

^ Was told the dosage should be way lower than that. Single digit/low double digit was what I was told but only a handful of folks have tried it so far, as far as I know, so data is limited. What ROA did you use? Definitely 4-AcO-DALT rather than 5-AcO-DALT? Was told the former is way more potent and interesting than the latter.

LSD: Not had a chance to try it yet cos I've been on tramadol and don't fancy mixing it given tram's notorious dodginess for interactions. Tapered off it just recently so will be able to test it soon. WIll update in the not-too-distant - thanks for the bumpy reminder :)

Oral but I may have had something of a tolerancde at the time, was using 4-ho-mipt and 4-aco-dmt quite regularly. Was definetely 4-aco-DALT, I've never seen 5-aco-DALT offered. Maybe I'll give it another chance when my tolerance is low.

20-something, male, 65kg/175cm, used mixture: 35mg of 4-AcO-DALT and a hint of citric acid, dissolved in saline solution. Set & Setting: Alone in a studio with some low lights and soft trance music. Interested in the substance, emotionally a bit shaken, but well, physically healthy.

(with ~15-20mg IV) The effects are very close to mushrooms, but it's like somebody pushed fast forward - while I was still injecting, the world already washed away in a blurry wave of color and light, hence the inaccurate dosage report. Reached ++ instantly, then went up to +++ for a few minutes. Everything was over within less than an hour but there's a distinct 'shroomy' feeling from start to finish - I could swear I even had the taste in my mouth. Felt very primitive and animalistic for a while, but no mushroom-like 'earth connection'. Wandered through the hallways, everything appeared like a futuristic ruin/dungeon setting, and I had a strong urge to rip my clothes off, throw stuff around and stare into a fire. Resisted said urges. This was the first time I iv'd a tryptamine, so maybe that high-speed effect came from the ROA rather than the substance itself - I really should read up on this :)

(with ~15-20mg IV, T+01:30) Slight visual, but pronounced mental effects, started coughing and retching heavily after a minute, was pretty sure that I was about to die, in a relaxed, matter-of-fact kind of way. Made it out of this through some mental exercises. Resdosing was not a good idea - I'm left with a 'dark' afterglow and a slight headache.

What a peculiar substance. I'd love to try this again in a few weeks, with a higher starting dose and no redosing next time.

^that depends on if its just my asthmatic lungs that iritated by it

I personally would only smoke a chemical if I thought I would REALLY enjoy it, that it was the only way to enjoy it & that it would not seriously or even temporarilly harm my asthmatic lungs

smoked crack once, never again. Seriously depressed my breathing, almost instant asthma attack which wore of in minutes but was not pleasant. Smoked opium & noticed subtle breathing depression that was only slightly uncomfortable. Smoking 5-meo-DALT did no harm to my breathing.

^^ Great report! What about other ROAs? Did you tried(are you going to try) them?

^^ Great report! What about other ROAs? Did you tried(are you going to try) them?

Thanks! Unfortunately, I only had a small amount, and used it up with the two injections. Based on what I have read and heard, oral dosing should be unproblematic, but I cannot personally verify that. If I happen to run into another batch, I will try nasal and oral next.

As a sidenote, should you decide to iv it, please be aware that it's not easy to pull a needle out of your arm if said arm is swimming away in a sea of light, and plan accordingly ;)

I wrote up a trip report on the two 4-AcO-DALT experiences I had so far - it's over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have a small sample here waiting to be sampled. Started a Small & So Far Insignificant thread on this one (or maybe that was another one?) a while back but have had to put off sampling till I taper me tramadol script. Tapering almost completed so hopefully will be able to start testing it out in the next week or so. Mixed reports so far from what I've seen but sounds interesting and will obviously be reporting back soon :)

As a sidenote, should you decide to iv it, please be aware that it's not easy to pull a needle out of your arm if said arm is swimming away in a sea of light, and plan accordingly ;)

I know what you mean. Seeing a needle hanging out of your arm when your coming up fast on a psychedelic drug is really bizarre, and can sometimes do your head in.

a 75kg male found 20mg (of 4-aco-DALT) nasally active. felt ok in nose first (no burning like with most 2c* stuff), but got nastier gradually during the following 5-10 minutes.
by active he meant definitely ++, maybe +++ during a short peak. also worth mentioning, that he has a 3dl glass full of water with one drop of lsd in it, and took a sip of it in the morning that day, around 8 hours prior to snuffing the 4acoDALT...
fast onset (felt it within 5-10 minutes). body felt strange in the beginning for a while (shaking hands), but this faded away within 15 minutes, replaced by a nice soft warm feeling. he played Persistence is All by Time Machines (coil) while sitting in a darkened room in half-lotus posture for around 30 minutes. He enjoyed the music, even while not producing any visuals (as he has with other psychedelics). even audibly, he haven't found it much enhanced, as with other drugs, but somehow He felt the music more intensively anyway. after ~30minutes sitting in half-lotus, He unexpectedly and subconsciously started moving his hands and circling his hip, and found it pleasurable, so he started ?dancing? (slowly and smoothly, while the musick had no beats at all. just a monolitic drone)...which is strange, because he never dance, except for when on higher doses of mdma or DOI/DOB (and even then it's very rare phenomenon). After 60-90 minutes, he felt that the peak is gone and the effects are starting to fade away slowly. then he just listened to some more musick for 30 minutes and then gone to kitchen to talk to his flatmate..... Altogether, he was tripping for around 3 hours since snuffing it, and he was not sure if it was connected to 4acoDALT, but he found it hard to fall asleep 6 hours after snuffing, even while being quite tired already.

(apologize my poor english / i'm not a native speaker. hope it's legible.)

Wouldn't one be able to make it in vitro by letting it sit in an acidic or alkaline solution for a certain period of time?
I think I should be able to acquire this one i.e. the 4-AcO.

I am very curious about this, should be relatively similar with all the 4-AcO tryptamines right? Or is a special reagent needed perhaps?

Damn it, is this synth discussion? Tough call... reported it, hold the phone on answering this until people take a look at it.
edit: I'd say its not a problem, in my defense this has been discussed already: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-262902.html

Apparently letting it sit in an NaOH solution should do the trick, I'd experiment with the concentration and reaction time.

Last edited:
lol @ the self-report there. And generally conversion between esters has been allowed, as in these type of instances is practically akin to salting or basing

Nice to see some doses suggested in various forms. I still have mine here. Was gonna trial it last week. Then stuff happened and I'm back on the tramadol. I have no idea of the safety profile in conjunction with tram but have been caught out twice now and (barely) survived so not sure I'd like to risk it. I have no desire to remain on the feckin' tram... but it is the best anti-depressant a doc will ever prescribe here in the UK. Short of bupe or diamorph anyway.

I've smoked it and taken it orally. Orally didn't do much for me. Smoked is quite brief, but enjoyable, although not at all intense. It just feels like a mild body orgasm type feeling with fish bowl like visuals. This stuff is nothing mind blowing. Still, it was fun for a Saturday afternoon...

are you sure it was meo-dalt?

4-AcO-DALT (F) [40 mg; orally; no tolerance; sitter]

The material was ingested at 1:00AM; last meal was consumed at 9:00PM.

Notes written during the trial:

T+1:00: I'm at a barely discernible +1. I feel rather mellow, but I have perceived no true onset yet.

T+1:30: I'm at a light +1. There is very slight visual and aural enhancement. Tactile and skin sensations feel a bit nicer than when baseline. I'm sexually aroused to a mild degree. A gentle level of empathy is available. Introspection is easygoing. CEV's are non-existent. I feel slight tension on the back of my neck (but it's gone within fifteen minutes). Is this it?

T+2:00: Plateau?

T+2:30: Orgasm was nice, but nothing to write home about. I'm a little lightheaded. Humor is easygoing. I feel hungry.

T+3:00: I'm gently sedated but my hunger beckons... I'm off to the kitchen. Food tastes good.

T+3:30: There are extremely faint CEV's.

T+4:00: Coming down?

T+5:00: I'm fully back to baseline.

Conclusion: The material is active at this level, but most folks (including me) would prefer the experience's chronology and primary effects to manifest with more clarity and force. This is without a doubt the least potent of the 4-AcO/HO/MeO compounds, at least with this ROA. Although this was an uneventful trial, there was a soft and appealing pleasantness to the experience.

Hi MGS,

100% real deal...

It seems like this material requires extremely large oral doses to achieve full psychedelic effects. I wager that other ROA's yield much more for much less... This is an expensive compound, so I don't recommend oral ingestion, unless one has a fair amount of cash to use for these experiments. On the other hand, non-oral intake of this is practically unknown... so be very careful, people.

Hello there.

I guess people need something to get excited about. Kind of like how people were making their panties wet over 4-Ho-DPT, when the compound is practically inactive @ less than 50mg orally, and it offers nothing unique, and 5-MeO-DALT (while I am at it) is another worthless venture. I suppose someone had to check it out but lack of oral activity below 50mg is the kiss of 'not worth my time' for nearly all compounds.

Hi MGS,

100% real deal...

It seems like this material requires extremely large oral doses to achieve full psychedelic effects. I wager that other ROA's yield much more for much less... This is an expensive compound, so I don't recommend oral ingestion, unless one has a fair amount of cash to use for these experiments. On the other hand, non-oral intake of this is practically unknown... so be very careful, people.

I generally agree, MGS. On the other hand, some folks find low doses of certain compounds to be "therapeutic"; perhaps oral doses in the range I tested could be useful for some.

I found 4-AcO/HO-DPT to be quite nice if insufflated... but yes, it is hardly worthy if used orally.