• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Enzymes (eg CYP2D6/CYP3A4) and Inhibitors/Inducers

So no one has any clue about this topic is what i m guessing ????

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read plenty on these forums re: "since bupe metabolizes to norbupe which is a full vs. partial mu agonist would it be viable to induce bupe with the goal of increasing the high?" The wall, so to speak, is that the affinity of bupe is SO high it would negate increasing norbupe... if it weren't so high, IV Suboxone would have the effects the manufacturer advertised, whereas we all know any ROA works.

Then there's the issue that you're on maintenance, as someone who's also been on Sub maint for the last 22 mos, if you're taking 16mg SL then considering the ceiling dosage is 32mg chances of getting high are almost nill, anything that you do achieve will be negligable as with bupe, truly "less is more"...
I've both plugged and IV'ed enough to intentionally hit that ceiling; one must be on a lower dose to feel anything resembling an opioid high (e.g. my first 6 mos on maint [I snorted it to increase BA and onset as although I'd figured out a great alcohol SL method b/f ever seeing one on here, said method lacked the subjectivly quick onset] I'd take 4mg day 1, next day 8mg, then none, repeat cycle with the longest number of days on Sub being 4 and detox periods up to 48+hrs). However, until recently I could go up to 72 hours abstinent- I begin W/Ds at hr 36- then either dose a full agonist which would get me high or dose bupe: Despite the amount or the ROA, all the bupe did for me after all that time was alleviate W/Ds, and not even the alleviation with euphoria that I used to experience after a mere 36 hr detox during that 1st 6 mos of maint. Only reason it's different now is that I've tapered down :)

The above is almost tangential/a sidenote, my actual response is:
Go do an Advanced Search and restrict it to the Other Drugs forum, the answer will likely be in the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread and FAQ v9.0 ;)
That way you need not read every page, although skimming through it will likely prove both informative and enjoyable, plus CH did an excellent job: info is highly accessible with JC's BA contingent on ROA being one of the first things you see, the FAQ, and the Mega Thread Directory which links to great stuff :D
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=524458

Actually, I just looked at the thread and I guess you did search or find it sitting near the top of OD as you're the first post after CH's initial 4, hehe :eek:

Really? Hmmmmmmm. Thanks. I'll look more into that.

I apologize but you're incorrect about grapefruit juice being a CYP3A4 inducer. Might want to check even common knowledge before you post something like that on here and spread misinformation. This is a harm prevention board and the spread of misinformation in a place like this is downright dangerous. It obviously isn't so much that your specific response was dangerous, but that an incorrect response, or heck even the right response, taken out of context, can be dangerous or even lethal.

Let's keep harm prevention in mind here guys. Thanks.

I apologize but you're incorrect about grapefruit juice being a CYP3A4 inducer. Might want to check even common knowledge before you post something like that on here and spread misinformation. This is a harm prevention board and the spread of misinformation in a place like this is downright dangerous. It obviously isn't so much that your specific response was dangerous, but that an incorrect response, or heck even the right response, taken out of context, can be dangerous or even lethal.

Let's keep harm prevention in mind here guys. Thanks.
Oh ffs and I've already downed a liter of pink grapefruit juice now. shouldve kept reading... (im entirely serious btw lol)

So would cimetidine make hydromorphone last longer or feel stronger?I think i felt like it brung the nod back for me.but im not sure if it lasted longer or not.

It might make it last longer, but probably won't make it feel any better - hydromorphone is already very active and has active metabolites.